Jolly drivers

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Jolly drivers

Postby davielde » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:51 pm

qwaletee wrote:So how should we map this?

I think he must have upgraded to Waze 3.8 immediately upon release. If you listen very carefully, you can just barely hear an instance where the new TTS timing occurs at or after the intersection at which you're supposed to turn.
davielde

Postby Jay91150 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:32 pm

Should have been sponsored by Red Bull instead of Monster. Amirite?
Jay91150

Postby gordonski » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:24 pm

qwaletee wrote:So how should we map this?

Mapping this would probably provoke a lot of "Missing Bridge Overpass" URs. :roll:
Someone should tell that French guy to not do this kind of stuff with a Mini. Maybe use a 2CV next time...
gordonski
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby qwaletee » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:54 am

So how should we map this?
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby qwaletee » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:46 am

Clipboard02.jpg
New York is a Walmart
(61.55 KiB) Downloaded 607 times

General error (user reported)

Problem: New York is a Walmart

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... 11&endshow

My response:

qwaletee(5) on June 22, 2014
Hi, volunteer map editor here to solve your problem. What happened?

(I like to imagine that you saw a magician wave his wand and turn all of the boutiques and expensive department stores in Manhattan into a modern cut rate bazaar. But you probably just had a problem with autocorrect or voice input.)
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby Jay91150 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:34 pm

bz2012 wrote:
Update Request (3608718): General error
goody is not in the street
Submitted 1 day ago

Ahhh... NOT a problem with the map, a problem with a map editor/reporter!

That's probably related to this World Cup nonsense going on right now. The map has become littered with soccer/footballs, and for some reason the majority of them are being delivered to side streets rather than the route you're on. They appear to be floating in no-man's-land because side streets aren't drawn when you're moving at a good clip on your main route.
Jay91150

Postby bz2012 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:43 pm

Update Request (3608718): General error
goody is not in the street
Submitted 1 day ago

Ahhh... NOT a problem with the map, a problem with a map editor/reporter!
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby DwarfLord » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:05 pm

Challenger3802 wrote:we definitely need something to stop general errors being reported, then the reporter vanishes into the ether, never to be heard from again. Those that do reply are generally heavy users and get back within two days, most though after 2 days can't remember where they were when they submitted the report, and also can't remember why.

An adjacent 5-page thread discusses this notion in detail. Agreement centered around the idea of somehow forcing reporters to add a description to a "general error" map issue, probably by sending an automated request that the reporter can fill in when they stop. The UR would not appear until the reporter completes that step. Another idea was to eliminate the driver "first map issue" point bonus. But both of these have to be done by Waze.

Using the great Chrome extension URO+ combined with a personal wiki to hold my favorite boilerplate responses, I have found it goes pretty quick to send canned queries to all the general-error URs with no descriptive text. I'm accustomed now to the depressing fact that maybe 5% of them will respond, but since it's so little effort to send the queries using URO+ and boilerplate, I don't care so much anymore.
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby Challenger3802 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:31 am

DoNotUpdate wrote:Another useless General Error report...

I propose that we either
    A- Get rid if it.
    B- Make it a requirement to fill out the comment field.
    C- Being that many drivers report while in motion, Waze should automatically send an email to reporters after ALL map error reports requesting additional info.
    D- When a driver clicks on report map error there should be a pop-up box saying "I agree to be contacted by volunteer Map editors if more information is needed and to provide the best possible explanation regarding this report." The box should have a small check box saying "Do not show this message again".

If you guys agree I will formally request this in the WME feature update requests..(unless it has been brought up already). Thoughts?

I agree to all these points - we definitely need something to stop general errors being reported, then the reporter vanishes into the ether, never to be heard from again. Those that do reply are generally heavy users and get back within two days, most though after 2 days can't remember where they were when they submitted the report, and also can't remember why.

Ian
Challenger3802
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Fredo-p » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:11 am

As explained before to me in another thread, and in the wiki, the Overpass report was used in the early days of Waze. However, there are more active editors and the knowledge of the road layout has changed greatly. The need for this report, IMO, is somewhat outdated and should be removed or at least merged/renamed.
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor