Jolly drivers

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Jolly drivers

Postby khaytsus » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:00 pm

Kobes1878 wrote:I believe it is time for us to be more supportive of these jolly drivers. Clearly there are issues here :lol:

Back in the 90's there was a park in town where you could go for that, but it's been cleaned up since.
khaytsus

Postby Kobes1878 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:00 pm

I believe it is time for us to be more supportive of these jolly drivers. Clearly there are issues here :lol:
Attachments
Screenshot 2014-06-10 13.55.52.png
(214.57 KiB) Downloaded 669 times
Kobes1878
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Kobes1878 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:58 pm

qwaletee wrote:We call that a "Michigan Right"

The wiki for that should be available in the next few days...
Kobes1878
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby qwaletee » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:53 am

We call that a "Michigan Right"
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby davielde » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:11 am

anthogna wrote:Your confidence that other people would be randomly switching from Portrait to Landscape while in motion is admirable, but misguided.

(Note: this was reported four times on the same day using slightly different words as they continued down W 6th.) :shock:

I at first thought that the reporter may have been trying to visually navigate until I saw the URs, and there was a Waze-provided route.
[ img ]

Since it's a 166m (~545 ft) segment between Hendrie and Woodward, I think it's an issue where the reporter gets to Hendrie after hearing the "in a quarter of a mile, turn right" but they have not yet heard the "in 500 feet, turn right" instruction. I went ahead and fixed it so that they will not get the quarter mile instruction until just after the potential wrong turn at Hendrie. As an added benefit, to address their proclivity for changing between portrait and landscape, the label for 6th St should appear in front of them for the duration of driving that segment.
[ img ]
davielde

Postby bgodette » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:40 am

yup_they_are.jpg
(248.25 KiB) Downloaded 693 times
Further information: Waze is having the user avoid a traffic light at 6th & Colorado, 7th & Colorado, a protected left @ 8th & Colorado and a flow control light on 8th, and trading it for one light at 7th & Colorado, no stop signs on 7th, and a left onto 8th on the far side of the flow control light on 8th.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Galimaufry » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:15 am

Problem: this maybe a general problem but I just saw W 6th street in front of me where S Woodward runs, when I had the phone in landscape mode. Then flipped to portrait it shows 6th Street behind me. Most of the time I have it in landscape mode on my dash. So this is hopefully not a general problem and simply at this intersection of W 6th and Hendrie when traveling SW towards S Woodward. Otherwise this becomes very confusing. I slowed down thinking maybe I had to turn right on what was actually Hendrie. I managed to keep going because I'm familiar with this area but anyone else probably would have turned right.

Your confidence that other people would be randomly switching from Portrait to Landscape while in motion is admirable, but misguided.

(Note: this was reported four times on the same day using slightly different words as they continued down W 6th.) :shock:
Galimaufry
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2

Postby qwaletee » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:37 pm

CBenson wrote:
qwaletee wrote:I have never encountered one where it really made sense.

The history here is that when waze imports a map it can't tell the difference between a nonjunctioning overpass and a crossroad intersection. Thus, waze initially has every overpass mapped as a crossroads and would give instructions to turn left of the bridge onto the road below. Every overpass that doesn't do this has been edited by an editor. Thus, in the early days "missing bridge overpass" was a heavily used and necessary report. Not so much anymore as the vast majority of overpasses are no longer crossroads on the waze map.

So in other words, a subset of "incorrect junction," which might be better phrased as "No intersection of these roads"
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby Fredo-p » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:53 am

olestas wrote:
Problem: the is not on the map

???

lol.
I think it was suppose to say "this is not on the map"

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester