Modifying the lock option (and some explanations)

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Re: Modifying the lock option (and some explanations)

Postby dmcconachie » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:28 pm

Shorty-CM wrote:I know exactly what he's referring to. The new editor is useful for some things, but bugs with other things still make it a requirement.

Bugs so hopefully as? Virtually the only thing I now use cartouche for is update requests!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
dmcconachie

Re: Modifying the lock option (and some explanations)

Postby dmcconachie » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:13 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
dmcconachie wrote:I'm pretty sure we were told that wasn't a problem as the routing server would use the 1way road over any turn non-restriction and is the exact reason they don't thus show in papyrus. I've not experienced any time when I've been routed the wrong way up a 1way street!

When parking lot roads are involved, I have been routed the wrong way on 1-way segments often. However, turn restrictions would not have an effect here.

That's a separate issue though and down to the fact that nothing in waze is absolute and penalties for traversing parking lot roads are as high as turn restrictions.
dmcconachie

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:10 pm

dmcconachie wrote:I'm pretty sure we were told that wasn't a problem as the routing server would use the 1way road over any turn non-restriction and is the exact reason they don't thus show in papyrus. I've not experienced any time when I've been routed the wrong way up a 1way street!

When parking lot roads are involved, I have been routed the wrong way on 1-way segments often. However, turn restrictions would not have an effect here.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Shorty-CM » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:18 pm

Only reason I caught it was because of a huge amount of reports of wrong turns the next day or two after my first four-hour session where I used papyrus. :P

Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager

Postby bgodette » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:50 pm

jasonh300 wrote:
Shorty-CM wrote:Go crazy with 'allow all directions' along big, long stretches of highway. For, like, 4 hours, and then cry as you notice this now means that the whole thing allows driving the wrong way. And then spend another 4 hours fixing it in cartouche. Heh. Where 'allow all' works with 1-ways. For one example.

I'm not following...How does "allow all" not work with one-ways in Papyrus?
Using "allow all" (W) in Papyrus causes reverse connectivity onto one-way and no-entrance roads. It's probably not a good thing as turn restrictions and routing against one-way are two different costs.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby dmcconachie » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:49 pm

I'm pretty sure we were told that wasn't a problem as the routing server would use the 1way road over any turn non-restriction and is the exact reason they don't thus show in papyrus. I've not experienced any time when I've been routed the wrong way up a 1way street!

dmcconachie

Postby Shorty-CM » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:42 pm

I just told you. It allows driving the wrong way. Open up both editors and look at it in cartouche after saving in papyrus after using allow all.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager

Postby jasonh300 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:34 pm

Shorty-CM wrote:Go crazy with 'allow all directions' along big, long stretches of highway. For, like, 4 hours, and then cry as you notice this now means that the whole thing allows driving the wrong way. And then spend another 4 hours fixing it in cartouche. Heh. Where 'allow all' works with 1-ways. For one example.

I'm not following...How does "allow all" not work with one-ways in Papyrus?
jasonh300

Postby Shorty-CM » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:35 pm

Go crazy with 'allow all directions' along big, long stretches of highway. For, like, 4 hours, and then cry as you notice this now means that the whole thing allows driving the wrong way. And then spend another 4 hours fixing it in cartouche. Heh. Where 'allow all' works with 1-ways. For one example.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager

Postby Shorty-CM » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:22 pm

I know exactly what he's referring to. The new editor is useful for some things, but bugs with other things still make it a requirement.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager

Next

Return to Waze Map Editor