WME - Extended Tools (fka Plugin pour Papyrus) - English

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: WME - Extended Tools (fka Plugin pour Papyrus) - English

Postby AndyPoms » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:17 am

Is it time to just retire the Extended Tools once and for all? We've all seen the damage they can do to the map in the wrong hands & since they no longer work properly I think this would be the best time to retire them.

Several of their functions have been replicated & built on by other tools, for example, the Highlighter Tools offer much more information & functionality than the Segment List ever did.
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:08 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
razor2k wrote:OK...finally got it into FF Greasemonkey :D Everything seems to work randomly ( New editor is extremely buggy) except allow all drives. I am level 4 and wondering if this is also a bug or just not working period?

The only thing currently buggy about the editor right now is the landmarks layer and its effects on other functions. At least, that I know of off the top of my head.

If you currently have Extended Tools installed, it can make the editor seem to be buggy. But it's because of an incompatibility between ET and the new editor.
jasonh300

Postby razor2k » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:55 am

Ahh...thanks Allen. I did have landmark layer enabled. When I go back on tomorrow I'll disable it and see what difference it makes.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
razor2k

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:20 am

razor2k wrote:OK...finally got it into FF Greasemonkey :D Everything seems to work randomly ( New editor is extremely buggy) except allow all drives. I am level 4 and wondering if this is also a bug or just not working period?

The only thing currently buggy about the editor right now is the landmarks layer and its effects on other functions. At least, that I know of off the top of my head.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby razor2k » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:16 am

OK...finally got it into FF Greasemonkey :D Everything seems to work randomly ( New editor is extremely buggy) except allow all drives. I am level 4 and wondering if this is also a bug or just not working period?

The old editor was working fine...don't know why WAZE would release this newer version being as quirky as it is... :?:
razor2k

Postby bz2012 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:38 pm

I want to raise a subject that the 'suppress unnecessary junctions' first brought to my attention but I think it is NOT a problem the extended tools, but with WME itself.

Sometimes after suppressing, I could not save. I would track it back to a 'necessary junction' that had been removed, leaving segments touching without a junction.

I found by undoing the suppress, that the junction in question could be deleted manually also.
A 'good necessary junction' will NOT delete, but one of these 'half junctions' (I don't know what else to call them) will delete.

The only FIX I have found is to 'cut the ends off' of all the segments that meet at that junction, and rejoin them.

I usually create a couple of new segments, diagonally joining the segments that have the bad junction, and then delete the new segments and the cut off ends of the old ones and then rejoin them. The new junction created by this process is then a 'good junction'.

I just did it slightly quicker by using one of the 'bad segments' to cut the ends off of the other, and then vice versa. A couple less operations. I will have to see if it works next time I try it. :)

Anyone have any other magic way to do it?

I wonder if there is a way to detect these bad junctions and replace them automatically with the script?
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby littlestlou » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:50 am

Thank you, thank you!!! I finally got it. Still not sure how to be honest but I see the menu now and that's what matters.

:D
littlestlou

Postby bz2012 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:44 pm

doomedtx wrote:
bz2012 wrote:If I remember correctly, I downloaded the .crx file, renamed it to .zip, unzipped it to a directory,
went to chrome tools: extension
clicked on the 'load unpacked extension' button
walked the installer to the correct directory and installed.
(I wasn't taking notes when I did this so not 100% sure of the exact magic words and incantations used.)

You have to enable developer mode as well on the extensions tab in order to see the "load unpacked extension" button. This method worked for me. It also allowed me to hack the script to restore "Allow All Drives" to my lowly level 3 AM self ;)

Thanks! I forgot that incantation.
(don't forget the proper sacrifices too!)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby bz2012 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:31 pm

LittlestLou wrote:After several attempts on Chrome and FF, I am giving up. Not sure why this is so difficult for me but so far nothing seems to work. I got the Highlight Script no problem and installed the Ext Tools previously on Chrome w/o issue. Can anyone walk me through this on Chrome using baby steps? :oops:

I see the Tools icon (although nothing happens when I click on the arrow) and the tab for WME Ext Tools on the left but when I click on the hyperlink for the 1.6.5 GDU patch, I keep getting an error about some CRX file.

(Running on Windows 7 if that maters, and tried uninstall, re-install, refresh, permalink, all of the above, none of the above, etc.)

Days like this make me hate my computer. :evil:

If I remember correctly, I downloaded the .crx file, renamed it to .zip, unzipped it to a directory,
went to chrome tools: extension
clicked on the 'load unpacked extension' button
walked the installer to the correct directory and installed.
(I wasn't taking notes when I did this so not 100% sure of the exact magic words and incantations used.)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby enhket » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:15 am

LittlestLou wrote:
enhket wrote:does not work on chrome, yet.

Well, it does for bz2012.... :?:

It does not work for me (wont save), and i dont think that it works for anyone. I heard it does work on mac, but oh well.

You should try the firefox script, that one is working fine.
enhket
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor