WME - Extended Tools (fka Plugin pour Papyrus) - English

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderator: Unholy

Postby fvwazing » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:10 pm

Could you spoil your thoughts on parts 2 and 3 of that post?
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1
fvwazing
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: Re: WME - Extended Tools (fka Plugin pour Papyrus) - Eng

Postby razor2k » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:54 am

fvwazing wrote:
razor2k wrote:If you do the math it comes to around 1.5 edits per every 5 seconds non stop for an hour. Seems highly unlikely unless you're a robot with a computer processor for a brain.....or using ET:smile:

Actually it is more like 1 edit per second for 5 minutes, and then 5 minutes off. I scan the area for (potential) problems, find some, take a deep breath and plunge for another 5 minutes. I take your reference to being a robot as a compliment and as an encouragement, but for now I still have to break every few minutes.

Really?......are you serious?
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual
razor2k
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Re: WME - Extended Tools (fka Plugin pour Papyrus) - English

Postby Daknife » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:07 pm

1 edit per second for five minutes? That's a mere 300 edits. Find a city that was just basemapped but nothing else. Particularly if the city is laid out on a basic grid. click on a segment, click on select all (to get all or at least several of the segments. Click on road direction drop down select two way.) maybe two seconds for this series if you are slow and you could have an easy dozen edits. Do again for the next street in the grid, continue for the rest of the grid, five minutes can easily clean up a small city/town. for several hundred points, but that's not the big point gainer. Now go back over the city, select each intersection (click) hit Q then W, then on to the next junction. That's four edits for four direction arrows, time a second or less.

300 edits in five minutes? Easy peasy, maybe not for hours straight but not hard to get, not hard at all.

Now if the city has un-named street segments that slows it down (harder/slower to group select) as does making sure you aren't dealing with one way roads (rare in my area). But 300 edits in five minutes is still not hard to get.
AM in Utah; CM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.4 KitKat on Sprint
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Re: Re: WME - Extended Tools (fka Plugin pour Papyrus) - Eng

Postby enhket » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:42 pm

fvwazing wrote:
razor2k wrote:If you do the math it comes to around 1.5 edits per every 5 seconds non stop for an hour. Seems highly unlikely unless you're a robot with a computer processor for a brain.....or using ET:smile:

Actually it is more like 1 edit per second for 5 minutes, and then 5 minutes off. I scan the area for (potential) problems, find some, take a deep breath and plunge for another 5 minutes. I take your reference to being a robot as a compliment and as an encouragement, but for now I still have to break every few minutes.

Can anyone explain me the benefits of putting a cityname on every street in a remote village, with no Wazetracks around? By enabling all roads in a village you are solving problems that do not even exist - remember, there where NO WAZETRACKS. Some day local editors will pop up and start editing. Using ET means robbing them of half the points. There is less chance that they will pick up editing. By leaving the raw basemap as it is, with all its quirks, unnecessary split roads, loose ends and whatever you burden those future local editors with more complexity then they can handle.

The current pointsystem does not discourage using ET in that bad manner and it does not encourage adding love to detail. It should be changed in such a way that you can not become CM if the only "technique" you learned is mass-editing with ET.

well, looks like waze won't mind about "robbing them of half the points" as the "ign" editors do this all time. Check out "Playa del Carmen, Mexico". All roads created, no name. By the way, you are making a big deal when you imply that people need enough map-edit updates in order to edit a map properly. All of the people don't need meet a 300k-400k map-edit-updates level to develop common sense.
Christopher C. Enhket
Languages: Español, English, Français, Português.
Coordinator, Beta editor/Editing expert, Campeón.
Communities established: 8
enhket
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby fvwazing » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:10 am

If they get that far with the help of ET and within weeks - your country is basically LOST in the long run, mate. Good luck.
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1
fvwazing
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby asterix06 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:06 pm

I believe you are totally wrong !!!!
Showing the problem to waze it was able to edit 1350 segments in one click, multiply per 1,5 points and you get 2025 points in 30 seconds.
Repeat such an operation ten times in an hour wathching tv...and guess how many points you get !!!!
Image Image ↖Italian docs
Iphone5 Waze 3.9.2
Coordinator Waze Italy
Country Administrator Italy, CM China , CM Africa, CM Iran, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina,
Forum Moderator
asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby littlestlou » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:20 am

Being less technical has it's advantages. For instance, I was never able to pull up segments for mass edits using ET. I would only use the segment list to search for segments created by or updated by particular trouble makers and then still have to select each segment and address them individually. I guess I don't know how to game that particular system.

On the other hand, the HighLight script makes my life so much easier, especially with regards to turn restrictions. I honestly don't understand why this is all getting so personal, almost vicious. I mean, really??
ImageImage
littlestlou

Postby khaytsus » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:02 am

When I was QW'ing bad nodes highlighted by the Highlighter script the other day, I did about 3000 points in about two hours. That's about 2 edits per second. Click, QW, click, QW, etc.

Can we stop arguing about people using ET if they're doing useful work? And IMO, fixing places where people will drive in the future IS useful work, as long as they're really fixing other things too. If they're just doing "allow all" in large swaths and not actually fixing anything, that's a whole other problem.
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2012 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Samsung Galaxy Note (i717 AT&T; AOKP 4.4.4)
khaytsus

Postby jasonh300 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:29 am

khaytsus wrote:If they're just doing "allow all" in large swaths and not actually fixing anything, that's a whole other problem.

That's the ENTIRE problem. And it has resulted in a handful of bad users with a large number of worthless edits.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Regional Coordinator, South-Central Region
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana or Mississippi Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby pvaladares » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:41 pm

Points reward is just a way to get users sticked to keep editing :-)
Would not a fully detailed map be an enough and awsome reward?
If new users or existing are improving with the scripts developed by the community, excellent, as long as in the long term map quality and coverage is improved.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
Country Manager for Portugal | Champ | Expert Android and others
Area Manager for Luanda (Angola) and Macau (China)
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
pvaladares
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor