WME - Extended Tools (fka Plugin pour Papyrus) - English

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: WME - Extended Tools (fka Plugin pour Papyrus) - English

Postby deletrix » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:09 pm

actually WME Extended Tools is not running, is it correct?
deletrix

Postby dave_cairns » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:28 pm

shawndoc wrote:So am I reading this right, everyone works except "Allow all drives"?

Sorry Shawn - No. Several of the batch edit commands don't work. Things like standardizing every suburb in a group, and cleaning round-abouts don't work due to a change in the coding of the editor. I'm scratching my way thru the new code, but I've come in late, so I don't really know what I'm looking for at the moment. I'm hoping the Waze team will publish a list of the objects available in the new editor so that the original authors (or possibly myself) can update the broken sections.

On the positive side thou, the batch segment list works, select in landmark, suppress unneeded junctions, and open in LiveMap.. :) they are a great start. combine that with the color highlight script and it makes a very good foundation for entry lever editors.

The batch rename functions seem to be of more use to area managers, and are probably best kept out of the hands of us beginners anyway :)
dave_cairns

Postby dave_cairns » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:54 pm

Thanks Iain,

Yes the OSD is no use to me. Musical chairs gives me an indirect route to OSM - Now I'm no lawyer, but I don't that that would get around the issue. :)

Looks like I'm going to have to start walking the streets with a clipboard. :(

D.
dave_cairns

Postby dave_cairns » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:28 pm

gerben wrote:
dave_cairns wrote:
OK, so I've removed Cartouche and Google, and added OpenStreetMaps.

Please do not link to OSM either...

Thanks gerben - I've just re-read the FAQ.. I remembered a reference to OSM, but was confused about its usage.

So after the re-read, and a bit of searching, I find TIGER not very suited to my situation (Australia). Can any readers recommend any other sites that ARE permissible under the Waze model? If this is covered elsewhere please give me a few keywords to search for.

I've seen the musicalchairs solution used in another script - but I suspect that might be out-of-bounds as well?

D.
dave_cairns

Postby dave_cairns » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:23 am

kentsmith9 wrote:LOL. We are going around in circles my friend. OK you have CRX files that YOU renamed to ZIP. That is why even my latest copy of WinZIP 17 just now installed is still failing because they are NOT ZIP files. I guess you did say that somewhere up there, but I guess I missed it. I don't generally use Chrome, so I will see what I can do to extract the text file from the CRX file. ;)

Well we've been back and forwards on this one now.. it might be quicker if I just zip it and post it as well.. so for anybody else out there reading this.. this is just the .js file for greasemonkey, not Chrome :)

waze.user.zip
(16.11 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
dave_cairns

Postby dave_cairns » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:25 am

Guys I'm not using a "zipper" as such.. these files are being produced by Google Chrome as .crx files.

I'm renaming them to .zip files in order to get around the restrictions of this forum.

I'm sure WinZIP Pro 2011 is *very* popular.. but you'll have to take that up with Google :)
dave_cairns

Postby dave_cairns » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:35 am

The file has been packaged using Chrome, but an unzipper like 7zip will read its contents.

For FF the only file you need from the package is the waze.user.js

I trust you already have an older version of the script loaded - if so, open FF menu -addons - userscripts.

In the extended tools section select options - edit this user script.

In the editor that opens - select everything, and delete.

Open the waze.user.js from the zip file - select everything and copy to clipboard.

Switch back to the editor window and paste. Save the new script and close the editor.

Click ok to close the userscript options page.

refresh your WME page, and the script *should* run - it may depend on the version of FF you are running - I've got it running on 16.0.2.

As noted elsewhere, the new WME has changed some of its java code, so collections aren't available at the moment - i.e. bulk updates don't work - but that's not entirely a bad thing. :)
dave_cairns

Postby dave_cairns » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:51 am

kentsmith9 wrote:Problem with ZIP file. Error: No Central Directory.

Maybe the file got corrupted.

I've just downloaded and installed it OK. Have another go. Be sure to rename the file WME-extended-tools-1.6.5.2.crx (not .zip)

D.
dave_cairns

Postby dave_cairns » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:49 am

bz2012 wrote:Aside from the things that don't work yet with the new WME, I noticed a couple of things that probably should NOT be in the Extended Tools set:

The link to Cartouche old is no longer useful and
http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Map_ ... Imagery.29
make it clear that we can NOT use google maps.

The link to livemap IS useful and should be kept!

OK, so I've removed Cartouche and Google, and added OpenStreetMaps.

I'm working behind a proxy/firewall most of the time, which is causing problems for FF, hence my interest in Chrome.

I've started using a 4th level version number as Chrome wont accept anything else.

The "allow all drives" issue raised earlier seems to be related to a change in permission levels - which as a newbie I'm not going to mess with. :)

Please delete any references to 1.6.5dc and start using this one.
Again all credit goes to the original author alcolo47

WME-extended-tools-1.6.5.2.zip
rename to .crx and drag and drop into chrome extensions
(29.08 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
dave_cairns

Postby dave_cairns » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:00 pm

Further...

I've just downloaded the old ver: 1.2.2 and it's not mentioned in there either.. something I have noticed however is that there is an "allow all connections" shortcut key - W - listed in the keyboard shortcuts of the new editor (use shift + ? for the full list) - is that what you are referring to?

If not - do you have a copy of one of the .js files that includes it? either a GreaseMonkey version or a Chrome extension? If so could you zip it and PM me please?

Cheers,
Dave.
dave_cairns

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor