WME - Extended Tools (fka Plugin pour Papyrus) - English

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Plugin pour Papyrus (Waze Papyrus Extended Tools) update

Postby Timbones » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:14 pm

jenncard wrote:WRT the different versions, it seemed to a few of us that it would be valuable to have both the original, less powerful version as well as the newer one available.

I have preserved a copy of this older script, but I haven't been able to work out how to upload it to either SVN or the Wiki. It will need some minor tweaks to it now too.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby slicer » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:10 pm

jenncard wrote:@Slicer - On s'en sert des deux mais - d'apres tous que j'ai compris - on voulait garder l'ancien PLUS disponibles au bebes, et l'autre un peu cache... comme ca, il faut chercher un peu.

Yes you already told me this. And I put the 1.2.2 back in the download section :)
slicer

Postby jenncard » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:07 pm

@Slicer - On s'en sert des deux mais - d'apres tous que j'ai compris - on voulait garder l'ancien PLUS disponibles au bebes, et l'autre un peu cache... comme ca, il faut chercher un peu.

@Everyone else,
Google translate really does a good job :-) just as long as you choose your words carefully! I can serve as the go-between and translator, but am not super connected right now, nor will I be doing much Waze editing in the next few days/weeks (Sidebar: happy to report that the LA freeways and ramps actually look pretty good!).

Things move fast here on the forum, but if someone would be willing to compile a succinct list of questions, observations, statements, etc I'd be able to pull that over to the French forum by end of day today.

WRT the different versions, it seemed to a few of us that it would be valuable to have both the original, less powerful version as well as the newer one available. The broad brush ability to mass change segments concerns me, particularly in the hands of new editors... but any of us have a greatly increased power to really mess up the maps. Thoughts?
Jenni
jenncard

Location: Somewhere in Los Angeles, but probably on my bicycle

Postby slicer » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:43 am

I'm the one who deleted the first link, and made the second link. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I did not know that you (US) were using the first link.
slicer

Postby GizmoGuy411 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:34 pm

harling wrote:
GizmoGuy411 wrote:Noticed tonight that the select when using a landmark did not select everything correctly within the landmark.

Jenn, would you be so kind to pass these issues along?

You can report it via the project page here. (I just reported the bug about the "open in" functions.)

I was reluctant to do this, for two reasons. Firstly, the upper link to the tools in the WIki takes you to the project page, with no script in the download. For some reason the link for the latest tools is different. (Lower on our Wiki page) So I was concerned that he may not be watching the project page that closely.
And secondly, Jenn is much better at French than I or Google translate, and I assume she is better at English than the script author! So she becomes my automatic link to translate these technical things. :)

Maybe we could ALSO get Jenn to figure out why he is using a different link now, so we can edit the Wiki accordingly.
GizmoGuy411
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:41 pm

aeytom wrote:The Wiki on the NA-server seems broken to me. The world server shows the correct page.

You may need to clear your cache and cookies. I've had trouble for 4-5 days, but recently it's been pretty good.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby aeytom » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi,
gettingthere wrote:
RallyChris wrote:I didn't recheck the wiki. The last time, was a while ago, and the forum links were newer.

Well if that was the case, you can update the outdated link in the Wiki!

The Wiki on the NA-server seems broken to me. The world server shows the correct page.

Aeytom
aeytom

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:17 pm

I just like to nag you.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby RallyChris » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:54 pm

Ah... but I just wanted to be a normal non-searching, non-updating, why, why, why user :)

Truthfully the last time I checked, was also the point where the script was yanked for features waze didn't want done. So I didn't want to link to broken links.
RallyChris

Postby gettingthere » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:52 pm

RallyChris wrote:I didn't recheck the wiki. The last time, was a while ago, and the forum links were newer.

Well if that was the case, you can update the outdated link in the Wiki!
gettingthere
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor