WME - Extended Tools (fka Plugin pour Papyrus) - English

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: WME - Extended Tools (fka Plugin pour Papyrus) - English

Postby dave_cairns » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:48 am

Hi Doomed,

I can't take credit for the script - I just repackaged it.

I found the positioning a problem too, but I got around it by selecting Full Screen which moved it to an icon in the toolbar. The windows that open are drag-able and re-sizable. Their size and position seem to persist on my PC, but I'm not closing Chrome, just navigating away from WME then back again.

I only discovered/started using this script last week - about a day or two before the new editor was rolled out, so I don't really know what was supposed to be included. I'm switching back and forwards between GC and FF and they both seem pretty similar.

I'm a bit pressed for time, but I'll try to find an older script that includes the "allow all drives" and see if I can merge it back in to the new code.

Again, all credit for the script goes to its original author..
dave_cairns

Postby dave_cairns » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:22 am

Re: chrome plugin..

I've unzipped ver:1.6.4, and replaced the old waze.user.js with the new waze.user.js (ver:1.6.5)

I've also updated the manifest.json to reflect 1.6.5dc in the extension name.

Save the attachment as WME-extended-tools.crx (change .zip to .crx)

To install in Chrome, select tools - extensions, then drag and drop the renamed file into the extensions window.

Please provide some feedback as to which components work and which ones don't.

Regards,
Dave.
Last edited by dave_cairns on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
dave_cairns

Postby Daknife » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:07 pm

1 edit per second for five minutes? That's a mere 300 edits. Find a city that was just basemapped but nothing else. Particularly if the city is laid out on a basic grid. click on a segment, click on select all (to get all or at least several of the segments. Click on road direction drop down select two way.) maybe two seconds for this series if you are slow and you could have an easy dozen edits. Do again for the next street in the grid, continue for the rest of the grid, five minutes can easily clean up a small city/town. for several hundred points, but that's not the big point gainer. Now go back over the city, select each intersection (click) hit Q then W, then on to the next junction. That's four edits for four direction arrows, time a second or less.

300 edits in five minutes? Easy peasy, maybe not for hours straight but not hard to get, not hard at all.

Now if the city has un-named street segments that slows it down (harder/slower to group select) as does making sure you aren't dealing with one way roads (rare in my area). But 300 edits in five minutes is still not hard to get.
AM in Utah; CM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.4 KitKat on Sprint
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby Daknife » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:31 am

Count me as another major point scorer who has not used the ET, I tried it once, but saw the dangers and decided it wasn't worth the risk. So my total ET edit count is about 20 or less.
AM in Utah; CM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.4 KitKat on Sprint
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby cdombroski » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:08 pm

No workies for chrome as well...
cdombroski

Postby CBenson » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:12 pm

beffl wrote:I do understand your fear! And yes you can damage maps with this tool. But you can also damage maps in the same way without using that tool! Perhaps not so quick, but definitely you can!

So you would have to lock out of WAZE all Users you don’t trust. That would be the same like you want to retire the extension tools!

Exactly. My fear is that is exactly what is coming. Most users will be locked out to achieve the same result as retiring the extension tools.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902
CBenson

Postby bz2012 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:24 am

shawndoc wrote:The segment list is great for selecting a bunch of roads with a similar property, the highlighter tool doesn't replace that. Its a great way to fix streets missing the city, or correcting a mispelling.

Or 'wrong state' segments like I keep finding scattered around the country!
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby bz2012 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:38 pm

I want to raise a subject that the 'suppress unnecessary junctions' first brought to my attention but I think it is NOT a problem the extended tools, but with WME itself.

Sometimes after suppressing, I could not save. I would track it back to a 'necessary junction' that had been removed, leaving segments touching without a junction.

I found by undoing the suppress, that the junction in question could be deleted manually also.
A 'good necessary junction' will NOT delete, but one of these 'half junctions' (I don't know what else to call them) will delete.

The only FIX I have found is to 'cut the ends off' of all the segments that meet at that junction, and rejoin them.

I usually create a couple of new segments, diagonally joining the segments that have the bad junction, and then delete the new segments and the cut off ends of the old ones and then rejoin them. The new junction created by this process is then a 'good junction'.

I just did it slightly quicker by using one of the 'bad segments' to cut the ends off of the other, and then vice versa. A couple less operations. I will have to see if it works next time I try it. :)

Anyone have any other magic way to do it?

I wonder if there is a way to detect these bad junctions and replace them automatically with the script?
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby bz2012 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:44 pm

doomedtx wrote:
bz2012 wrote:If I remember correctly, I downloaded the .crx file, renamed it to .zip, unzipped it to a directory,
went to chrome tools: extension
clicked on the 'load unpacked extension' button
walked the installer to the correct directory and installed.
(I wasn't taking notes when I did this so not 100% sure of the exact magic words and incantations used.)

You have to enable developer mode as well on the extensions tab in order to see the "load unpacked extension" button. This method worked for me. It also allowed me to hack the script to restore "Allow All Drives" to my lowly level 3 AM self ;)

Thanks! I forgot that incantation.
(don't forget the proper sacrifices too!)
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby bz2012 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:31 pm

LittlestLou wrote:After several attempts on Chrome and FF, I am giving up. Not sure why this is so difficult for me but so far nothing seems to work. I got the Highlight Script no problem and installed the Ext Tools previously on Chrome w/o issue. Can anyone walk me through this on Chrome using baby steps? :oops:

I see the Tools icon (although nothing happens when I click on the arrow) and the tab for WME Ext Tools on the left but when I click on the hyperlink for the 1.6.5 GDU patch, I keep getting an error about some CRX file.

(Running on Windows 7 if that maters, and tried uninstall, re-install, refresh, permalink, all of the above, none of the above, etc.)

Days like this make me hate my computer. :evil:

If I remember correctly, I downloaded the .crx file, renamed it to .zip, unzipped it to a directory,
went to chrome tools: extension
clicked on the 'load unpacked extension' button
walked the installer to the correct directory and installed.
(I wasn't taking notes when I did this so not 100% sure of the exact magic words and incantations used.)
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor