New Waze Map Editor - Official Feedback Thread

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: New Waze Map Editor - Official Feedback Thread

Postby foxitrot » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:44 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:It also makes it too easy for people to split roads which shouldn't be, as they don't pay attention to the guidelines.

WeeeZer14 wrote:It would be nice to limit who can use the split function but still have it available.

It is also "dangerous" :) After testing it, I've inadvertently clicked on the function, while a road was selected. A one-way copy was created and the selected road turned into the opposite-way - so far as expected. I've thought, never mind, I'll just delete the copy and turn the former street back into two-way. But could not: it was connected to a locked segment (with a higher rank than mine), one-way towards it, and after making my road two-way, I could not re-enable turn from the locked road into my "damaged" one :( and have to look for help from some local AM.
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (OP-X March-me-Low).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bedo2991 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:42 pm

Today happened twice: "The highlighted roundabout does not form a circle" with two different roundabouts in Belgium. The silly thing is that I was not working on them, I'm editing Italian streets!
Francesco
Italian Global Champ
ImageImageImageImageImage
New: Street Vector Layer (SVL)
"Tomorrow we'll discover what our God in heaven has in store" - Les Misérables
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby foxitrot » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:14 pm

bedo2991 wrote:Today happened twice: "The highlighted roundabout does not form a circle" with two different roundabouts in Belgium. The silly thing is that I was not working on them, I'm editing Italian streets!

A week ago I've been editing plain streets in Slovakia. Upon one save this famous message appeared and I've been taken to Cassano delle Murge, Italy. I've ignored the silly message (BTW, there was indeed one simple glitch at the upper left side of the roundabout) and simply pressed Save again (while still focused on the roundabout). Imagine my consternation, when the roundabout disappeared!! I've refreshed the page a couple of times, but the roundabout was gone. Just the remaining entry and exit roads formed a disconnected star of roads.

I've immediately written a report to Support, but upon sending it, I've noticed the roundabout is back. A temporary sync errors? Back from a backup? Its segments' timestamp was by some two minutes newer than of the streets I've saved. IMHO the roundabout's editor was just trying to save a damaged roundabout just as I've pressed save, then immediately deleted it and possibly recreated the two minutes later.

The question remains, what broken magic is happening between editors and DB upon such concurrent saves... :roll: Sync errors? Access races? Incorrect Locking? Folks, if this does happen to you again, please check the remote roundabout's segments a few minutes later, whether any of them got updated (the Cartouche displays segment's changed date including exact time (HH:MM:SS)).
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (OP-X March-me-Low).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:24 pm

foxitrot wrote:The question remains, what broken magic is happening between editors and DB upon such concurrent saves... :roll: Sync errors? Access races? Incorrect Locking? Folks, if this does happen to you again, please check the remote roundabout's segments a few minutes later, whether any of them got updated (the Cartouche displays segment's changed date including exact time (HH:MM:SS)).

I wonder if another editor was in the process of editing the circle while you were trying to save. I'm unclear...did the time on the segment change? I had this happen once. The roundabout was in Oregon (USA) I believe, which is around 2000 miles from where I was editing.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby foxitrot » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:09 pm

jasonh300 wrote:I wonder if another editor was in the process of editing the circle while you were trying to save. I'm unclear...did the time on the segment change?

I've seen the roundabout, then it disappeared, later it appeared again. I've off course not got the idea to check the segments' creation time, prior to seeing them disappear. But I've checked them afterwards and their creation time was approx. 2 minutes after my second save attempt.

You can check the difference yourself:For me it is a clear sign, that the roundabout and its exits has just been edited (by francesco_75).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Editable Area Shading - Full Screen Mode

Postby vectorspace » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:59 am

I couldn't find this issue listed so far... When the "editable areas" layer is selected, it is apparently supposed to gray out the areas you cannot edit. When you move to a full screen mode for the editor, the expanded sections of the display show up as gray even though they are editable. Only the original size editor area remains without the gray.

I am using the newest version of Chrome.
vectorspace
vectorspace

Postby jasonh300 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:01 am

foxitrot wrote:For me it is a clear sign, that the roundabout and its exits has just been edited (by francesco_75).

In other words, francesco_75 is editing that roundabout at the same time you are editing somewhere else, and francesco's editing is interfering with your ability to save your work, correct?
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby foxitrot » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:31 am

Exactly.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Shiaulis » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:20 pm

Have a problem - all roads are displacement. See screenshot:
ImageImage
Shiaulis
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby tdsm » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:23 pm

The area in the 'Areas I can edit' isn't correct.

Confirmed. Not sure how the area size is measured. I thought this was the total of my driven roads (+1 mile)? Area 0 now says 6.40 km² :?
tdsm

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor