Jolly editors

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Jolly editors

Postby cdombroski » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:19 pm

I especially like the single toll road segment...
cdombroski

Postby chrysrobyn » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:25 pm

shawndoc wrote:Sadly I didn't see this thread today. I already cleaned up the really bad intersections, and one stretch of highway which pretty much resembled this, only worse.

intersection.jpg

Most of the town has been like this though.

Please watch that ramp from Morton to York. I've seen some very bad routing solutions due to ramps between streets. Ramps have a much higher priority than streets, so the router will go out of its way to get that ramp bonus in some cases. According to the guidelines, ramps are only to be used for major highways and freeways, never at-grade. As I recall, short-cuts / turn lanes / whatever you want to call that segment should have the same road type as the highest road it touches.
chrysrobyn

Postby CrackedLCD » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:06 pm

chrysrobyn wrote:As I recall, short-cuts / turn lanes / whatever you want to call that segment should have the same road type as the highest road it touches.

Lowest, according to the wiki entry on at-grade connectors. (You had me sweating for a second!) ;)
~CrackedLCD
AM for Baldwin-Mobile Cos., AL // Grenada-LeFlore-Carroll Cos., MS // Escambia-Santa Rosa Cos., FL // CM for the USA

HTC Droid DNA (Android 4.2.2) on Verizon Wireless
CrackedLCD

Postby CrackedLCD » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:18 pm

I map them as parking lot roads so there's no traffic reports on them. We have some really big cemeteries around here so mapping the drivable paths seems like a good idea.
~CrackedLCD
AM for Baldwin-Mobile Cos., AL // Grenada-LeFlore-Carroll Cos., MS // Escambia-Santa Rosa Cos., FL // CM for the USA

CrackedLCD

Postby CrackedLCD » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:31 am

zombie16 wrote:And the traffic circle just north of the parking lot...

Are you sure they didn't really install one there? I had to blindly create one that wasn't on Google, Bing or even the county's own maps when I was editing in Oxford, MS the other day. But it had still managed to be there long enough to generate enough GPS points to figure it out.
~CrackedLCD

CrackedLCD

Postby CrackedLCD » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:20 pm

That's some of the screwiest road editing I think I've ever seen on here!
~CrackedLCD

CrackedLCD

Postby CrackedLCD » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:48 am

iainhouse wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:
xteejx wrote:There's a word we use over here..."nob".

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Nob? Or n00b?

How to phrase this delicately? "Nob" = English slang for a part of the male anatomy. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so everything except my opinion may be unreliable ;)

That certainly makes me think differently about the neighborhood in San Francisco called Nob Hill!

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 4
~CrackedLCD

CrackedLCD

Postby CrackedLCD » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:16 pm

How about that — I got a report here in Alabama a few days ago saying exactly the same thing. I'm getting the impression there are thousands of users who don't understand how Waze works, exactly, or think us editors are magicians who can read minds… :ugeek:
~CrackedLCD

CrackedLCD

Postby CrackedLCD » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:10 pm

2012 doesn't surprise me... I've had a few level 2 and 3 editors in my area who've been members that long do even worse. I know we all learn from our mistakes but how do you hang out here that long without reading the wiki? LOL.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 4
~CrackedLCD

CrackedLCD

Postby crazed_out » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:37 pm

Next to Wetmore Road...
Area Manager in Sweden, parts of Västra Götaland (West Sweden).
Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7105 (4.1.2 stock) | Volvo 850 T5 -96 med +25000mil | Nissan Micra -04 10000mil
crazed_out

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor