petervdveen wrote:Adding a row to a database is quiet easy. But getting it implemented can be very hard to realize..
This would likely be adding a column to the table describing attributes of segments. While that too is easy, it also involves:
- What is the default value of ALL segments?
- Should NULL (no value) be allowed? If not, how do you deal with segments for which you cannot determine a value?
- The web code must be modified to present the new field on the correct panel
- Code must be written to pass the value along to the database. That, or the query/database update code must be re-written to get the value to insert into the database field
- The client app must be updated to allow the user to pass this value along as part of a search query
- Does the client app need to show the region graphically?
- Search involving this value must also pass this along to Bing for search results. Does Bing support this value in searches?
- Navigation algorithms must be re-written to see and use the new region values as part of finding a route, otherwise, you might end up in the right city, wrong region