Map Editor version (April 9, 2012) Official Feedback

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Map Editor version (April 9, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby Gizmoguy411 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:38 pm

Timbones wrote:
CBenson wrote:Same here, it only happens on one of my computers. The computer that does it for me is running Vista, the Win 7 machine is fine.

That's it exactly: works fine for me on Win 7, but not on Vista (with Chrome).

It is curious that I have the problem with Win 7 then.

At least I'm slightly comforted that I am not the only one with this issue. When I get a chance, maybe I'll uninstall Chrome and reinstall it to see what happens.

Sidebar note:
Code: Select all
For the last month I have been using a spare computer. My primary PC is dead, after letting the local authorized Lenovo service center replace a cracked plastic cover, so that I would not void the warranty by doing so myself. Now the hard drive is wiped out, and the computer will not power up at all. So when I get it back (or hopefully a new replacement) and reload everthing, the issue with Chrome may not exist.  I know... that is a lot of wishful thinking.
ImageImageImageImage

U.S. based Global Champ
U.S. CM
U.S. Great Lakes RC: IL, IN, MI, OH, WI
AM: NW OH, NE IN, SE MI
Wiki Profile
Verizon: Galaxy S6 Edge w/ Android 5.1.1 & iPad "3" w/ iOS 8.2.0
Gizmoguy411
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby Twister-UK » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:24 pm

GizmoGuy411 wrote:
Timbones wrote:
CBenson wrote:Same here, it only happens on one of my computers. The computer that does it for me is running Vista, the Win 7 machine is fine.

That's it exactly: works fine for me on Win 7, but not on Vista (with Chrome).

It is curious that I have the problem with Win 7 then.

I've been using Chrome in Win 7 64-bit to edit for a while now, after getting fed up with the horizontal selection issue in Firefox, and tonight's editing session is the first time I've seen this misalignment problem.

Just installed a fresh copy of Chrome in a Win 7 32-bit VirtualBox session, and the alignment is spot on there. Going to try reinstalling it on the 64-bit host...

...and the alignment is now spot on there too. Let's hope it stays that way!
L4 AM for NW London and Shetland Islands - HTC One M8/Android 5.0.1
Waze App 3.9.9.0, not about to switch to 4.x any time soon...
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Made2Map » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:35 am

I have been editing for past few nights with a Win7 machine. Tonight (April 19th) is the first time I have noticed the issues with alignment. It is quite frustrating.

Edit: I too tried re-installing Chrome & so far it has worked :P
Made2Map

I am a professional cartographer working for a company in Alabama
and a Waze Area Manager for Alabama and Northern Wisconsin

• email: awm4th@gmail.com • twitter: @awmathis
Made2Map
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby vdub213 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:24 am

Resize would be nice. It is so small on a 1920x1080 screen. I suggest a fullscreen ability. :D
.:Vdub213:. Area Manager- Midwest Ohio
https://www.facebook.com/brh213
Win7 + Chrome
Huawei M885 + Android 2.3.6
Waze: 3.0.2.8

vdub213

Postby foxitrot » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:20 am

foxitrot wrote:And one more - why again me? :cry: Am I blessed? :P

The roundabout at Hospital de San Pedro, Logroño, Spain is just being edited by conductor77(0).

Well, after few minutes, conductor77 feels no need to give any (at least empty) street+city name to the segments - the roundabout remains red.

BTW, the roundabout remains still red - conductor77 is not a thorough editor :roll:

So, once again, someone started to tamper with a roundabout in France, Saint-Genis-Laval, on Avenue du Général de Gaulle and I've been thrown there from Slovakia with the well-known "The highlighted roundabout does not form a circle" error message. As the target place opened, the roundabout was away, just the connecting segments were visible. During next minutes the user jefffg(0) was modifying the adjacent streets' segments and finally replaced the roundabout with a simple set of four partially curved segments.

Devs, please please, take finally a look into the throwing issue...
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new social Android 4.0.xx.yyy (OP-X LOL-a-popp).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:55 pm

vdub213 wrote:Resize would be nice. It is so small on a 1920x1080 screen. I suggest a fullscreen ability. :D

The map editor window size is to balance editable area for efficiency with performance from both a server and a client browser POV. Testing has shown that increasing the map display area begins to have negative performance effects because the server must render much larger images and the browser will also begin to slow down dramatically because of the count of objects in the local database and the code which manipulates it. The part which affects everyone is, of course, the server side. If we all were able to have significantly larger editable map area, everyone will see a performance hit.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Map Editor version (April 9, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby jasonh300 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:33 am

I can tell you that Editor is a lot more usable on a widescreen monitor. The tools stay the same size but the editor window is huge.

I'm not drunk...I'm using Tapatalk.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby vdub213 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:27 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
vdub213 wrote:Resize would be nice. It is so small on a 1920x1080 screen. I suggest a fullscreen ability. :D

The map editor window size is to balance editable area for efficiency with performance from both a server and a client browser POV. Testing has shown that increasing the map display area begins to have negative performance effects because the server must render much larger images and the browser will also begin to slow down dramatically because of the count of objects in the local database and the code which manipulates it. The part which affects everyone is, of course, the server side. If we all were able to have significantly larger editable map area, everyone will see a performance hit.

Even if there was a size change, but keeping the same viewable area "square mileage" it would bog it down? Hmmm I suppose zoom screen is the only option.

Thanks for the reply though.
.:Vdub213:. Area Manager- Midwest Ohio
https://www.facebook.com/brh213
Win7 + Chrome
Huawei M885 + Android 2.3.6
Waze: 3.0.2.8

vdub213

Postby davboc » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:02 pm

I'd like a route simulator in the editor, like the one present in live map, for test the settings of the editing before the map updates, because some error are evident only after the map update when we do a route simulator in the live maps... will ever be possible?
Waze 3.9.3.0--Samsung Galaxy S2--Android 4.4.4 (cyanogenmod)
davboc

Re: Re: My current thoughts after installing

Postby dmcconachie » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:33 pm

fourblades wrote:The layout is very nice though it feels more iPhone approach than Android feel. I'm pretty happy with the keyboard integration but I think it should auto hide if you have built in physical keyboard. The touch sensitivity is weird, it feels like I have to press harder and the accuracy is a little off, maybe the buttons are a little small for my thumb (and I'm a small asian guy). Performance wise it works nicely if you get 3G connection and also GPS, if you don't it feels like it hangs, even the main OS feels slow when this program is on.

One more thing, I notice that the map wasn't accurate at parts or at least the location where I live, the highway paths and the exits were all in a different layout and shape and some looks broken too.

Overall, I'd keep this app and be happy to see it go to beta with better performance and features!

Been requested numerous times. They've talked about implementing it but I don't think there are any near term plans!

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ
OnePlus One • Android 6.0.1
UK WikiFB PageForum FAQCurrent status
dmcconachie

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor