Adding new gas stations - manual

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Adding new gas stations - manual

Postby mtbusa88 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:53 pm

Thank you for the clarification. I look forward to Waze adding the Gas Station functionality to the USA servers.

You were correct, I did not understand connective functionality of the systems, and your explanation of it helps me greatly.

Thank you again for your time...
mtbusa88

Postby mtbusa88 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:51 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
mtbusa88 wrote:I am not able to add Gas Stations in the USA on the World Server. Is there a time frame to have this available? Thank you!

That makes no sense. Why would you even think to try that? The US map is not on the World Server. Please do not do things you do not understand.

Thank you for replying with such encouraging message to my simple question. I was inquiring how I can add gas stations to my area, and the information I found in this forum stated that the gas station portion is only available on the world servers, however, I was not able to add that. So, my lack of understanding is directly related to the lack of information, not my ignorance of how to computers. So, if there is a resource that can assist people using the USA servers, that information should be more clearly described, so "idiots" like myself can better participate in this community.

Also, I was made aware of the toll road and gas station function on my droid app. That message did not mention that the Gas Station portion was only available one the world servers.

In the future, it would be more helpful to try to help those that want to see this project succeed, rather than treat them like idiots.
mtbusa88

Postby mtbusa88 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:27 am

I am not able to add Gas Stations in the USA on the World Server. Is there a time frame to have this available? Thank you!
mtbusa88

Postby mapcat » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:55 am

techboi84 wrote:Reason why I do it, people find entry points, and some station exits don't allow certain turns, so it's helpful to users. If it's in a rural area, I don't bother though for obvious reasons.

Do they work? My expectation is that Waze would direct the driver to the closest stub regardless of the direction he's headed. Assuming the stubs are functional--you added terminal junctions, right?
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1
mapcat

Postby mapcat » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:57 pm

techboi84 wrote:Should I add entry and exit points to the gas station from the main road(s)? If so, is it private road or parking lot road? Thanks! :)

If it's far away from the nearest road, and navigating in or out might be confusing, then yes, with some parking lot roads. Otherwise, why?
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1
mapcat

Postby Kuhlkatz » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:28 pm

The provided link is to a limited access sub-forum.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby juankx » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:38 am

foxitrot wrote:
itaush wrote:There are no gas stations brands in Bulgaria, how may I add some?

...ask the Support for these.

Where is the right place to ask the Support to add gas stations brands?
juankx
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby joaoosorio » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:59 am

Thanks for the guide!
Gentileza gera gentileza!
joaoosorio

Postby JimmyK1 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:02 am

In Greece the Ministry of Development has an online database which includes Gas Station location and prices. Prices are being updated by Ministry personel and the gas station owners themselves.

Its a great source of info that's up2date (i checked some randomly and they were updated within the previous 5-10 days) and its usable as its from a public entity.
I think it would be great if Waze would incorporate it to for Greece (which currently lacks Gas Stations overall) and furthermore continue allowing users to edit the prices and either show the latest price available or just mark whether this is the "official" price or the crowdsourced one.

Now for the catch. The site is available here: http://www.fuelprices.gr/ and
a) Its in Greek. Only in Greek.
b) Its one of the poor-est designed websites. Not sure how the data could be crawled and how a sync could be setup. It is doable however because quite a few 3rd party sites in Greece are doing so.

Anyway, if there is interest i'd be willing to help. At least we could use this db to jump start gas station location and leave the price sync-ing feature for later.

I'd be more than happy to support and we can ask other users from the (small) Greek Wazer community to help also.
Global Champ | Greece Country Manager
Map Editing | Junction Style Guide | FAQ
JimmyK1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby JimB50 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:44 pm

A parking lot road is the best.

Jim
Jim
Level 3 editor
LG VS 930 Android 4.1.2