Waze is still changing direction on editor based on drives.

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Waze is still changing direction on editor based on driv

Postby yippeekyaa » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:26 am

I've had a road that I drive in the same direction daily revert to one way from a two way multiple times. Each time it reverted to a direction opposite of the one I traveled. After multiple times of fixing it I took the time to go node by node and do a forensic analysis of each segment. I found an unconnected road segment hiding under the road and that short segment was listed as a one way street. After removing that hidden segment it never reverted direction again. Not certain if that was the issue but it helped in my case. The WME highlighting script helped me to see that hidden segment btw.
yippeekyaa

Postby xtago » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:20 am

Probably been edited by someone.

If you edited that road in march it'd be around 6 months since you looked at it last right now and would seem theat is in the client.

You can change a lot of stuff but 4 days later it could be changed again by someone else but you wouldn't know until you see things in the map updates.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
xtago

Postby thefatveganchef » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:32 am

I ended up killing that two mile stretch and rebuilding it. Maybe corrupt segments. Will test again when that becomes live.
thefatveganchef

Postby thefatveganchef » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:26 am

It didn't take long. Maybe 15-20 drives, but Waze reset direction to one way again.

http://www.waze.com/cartouche_old/?zoom ... 6=39357179

These were all set to 2 way (again) in Aug. I checked and double checked in both editors. I came back today to see and Waze changed the roads back to one way. Again, I am the only one that drives this road, I have only driven it one way, and it changed it to the direction I traveled.
thefatveganchef

Postby thefatveganchef » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:35 am

xtago wrote:Probably been edited by someone.

If you edited that road in march it'd be around 6 months since you looked at it last right now and would seem theat is in the client.

You can change a lot of stuff but 4 days later it could be changed again by someone else but you wouldn't know until you see things in the map updates.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

I looked at that before I changed it and it was me. I was the one who last touched it. The person who touched it before me was admin(6) basemapped. I wish I could have blamed IGN, but sadly they didn't touch these roads last. These main roads I set them all at 2 way. I am going to have to watch this two mile segment closer and see if it gets changed again. I am going to go through that 2 mile strech and set the direction, leave them unlocked and drive down it only one direction to see if it gets changed again in 6 months.
thefatveganchef

Postby thefatveganchef » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:53 am

Waze is currently still changing direction based on drive history even after an area manager has manually set direction. Example:
http://www.waze.com/cartouche_old/?zoom ... 1=39357179 This segment shows it was edited by me on 1/15 where I had set direction.

I had checked this area on the 17th and changed them all back (Including this one I thought) and If I remember right the date on those segments was in March. I did drive on this road today and I think that could be why that segment changed to a one way.

Now I am the only Wazer that I know that drives in this area, and this road I only drive down one way, which is South and then when I hit York I head back West (York for 1/2 a mile was changed to a one way pointing West as well).

I know for a fact that this section of road was Two-Way. I have seen this section of road in the editor many many times and know I would not have set a section a mile and a half long as one way and then missed that mistake the many times I have seen this area since then. All these roads were mostly unknown when I started working this area.

If you set a road as two way, and it is only driven on in one direction it will revert back to a one-way.
thefatveganchef

Postby svx-biker » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:11 am

jasonh300 wrote:I have several sections of private road that I drive only one way every day and have never seen this happen.

The sample above is a "street". waze probably has different algorithms for the various segment types, especially private road, highway and freeway.
svx-biker
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby svx-biker » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:08 am

crazycomputingdotnet wrote:These were all set to 2 way (again) in Aug. I checked and double checked in both editors. I came back today to see and Waze changed the roads back to one way. Again, I am the only one that drives this road, I have only driven it one way, and it changed it to the direction I traveled.

That's really interesting. Thanks for testing it!
svx-biker
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby jasonh300 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:24 pm

Okay, I've seen this happen now on residential streets, but today, I found it on a Minor HIghway. This is VERY BAD and needs to be addressed by the developers.

I've posted in the direct access support forum with a link to this thread. Please post links to other examples here.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby jasonh300 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:06 pm

It still doesn't make sense that any street would ever change from a two-way to a one-way. All of the other changes are done based on data collected. This would have to be based on lack of data.

If it's really possible for this to happen, it is not a feature, it is a failure. This would be akin to Waze deleting roads that no Wazer has driven on because, hey, they MUST NOT EXIST!
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Next

Return to Waze Map Editor