Waze is still changing direction on editor based on drives.

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Postby jasonh300 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:06 pm

It still doesn't make sense that any street would ever change from a two-way to a one-way. All of the other changes are done based on data collected. This would have to be based on lack of data.

If it's really possible for this to happen, it is not a feature, it is a failure. This would be akin to Waze deleting roads that no Wazer has driven on because, hey, they MUST NOT EXIST!
jasonh300

Postby jasonh300 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:47 am

I have several sections of private road that I drive only one way every day and have never seen this happen.

I've been scouring the entire metro area for the past week fixing one-ways that have turned two-way (none that had ever been edited) but have yet to see one that has changed itself into a one-way.

Considering that we've found sections of interstate that were erroneously set to two-way months ago and they remained so until they were corrected, this single test is far from conclusive.

Someone will have to set up a similar rig elsewhere and try to duplicate these findings.
jasonh300

Postby Bigbear3764 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:41 am

Do you think that waze had a problem with a tile while updating, so it goes back and finds an older one to up load?

I have seen some roads that I swore I updated the geometry of, then I find them askew again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby fvwazing » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:33 pm

harling wrote:So the question is, under what conditions does Waze currently auto-adjust turn restrictions, versus flagging them for review?

It would be best if they were FIRST flagged and then, if no human intervention is triggered, LATER auto-adjusted. Later should be in the magnitude of weeks.
fvwazing

Postby jasonh300 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:35 am

There's no way to see who the last editor of turn restrictions are.

However, if the proper procedure isn't followed for setting the turn restrictions, drivers making illegal turns can cause a restricted turn to automatically become allowed.
jasonh300

Postby thefatveganchef » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:53 am

Waze is currently still changing direction based on drive history even after an area manager has manually set direction. Example:
http://www.waze.com/cartouche_old/?zoom ... 1=39357179 This segment shows it was edited by me on 1/15 where I had set direction.

I had checked this area on the 17th and changed them all back (Including this one I thought) and If I remember right the date on those segments was in March. I did drive on this road today and I think that could be why that segment changed to a one way.

Now I am the only Wazer that I know that drives in this area, and this road I only drive down one way, which is South and then when I hit York I head back West (York for 1/2 a mile was changed to a one way pointing West as well).

I know for a fact that this section of road was Two-Way. I have seen this section of road in the editor many many times and know I would not have set a section a mile and a half long as one way and then missed that mistake the many times I have seen this area since then. All these roads were mostly unknown when I started working this area.

If you set a road as two way, and it is only driven on in one direction it will revert back to a one-way.
thefatveganchef
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Waze is still changing direction on editor based on driv

Postby yippeekyaa » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:26 am

I've had a road that I drive in the same direction daily revert to one way from a two way multiple times. Each time it reverted to a direction opposite of the one I traveled. After multiple times of fixing it I took the time to go node by node and do a forensic analysis of each segment. I found an unconnected road segment hiding under the road and that short segment was listed as a one way street. After removing that hidden segment it never reverted direction again. Not certain if that was the issue but it helped in my case. The WME highlighting script helped me to see that hidden segment btw.
yippeekyaa

Postby jasonh300 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:24 pm

Okay, I've seen this happen now on residential streets, but today, I found it on a Minor HIghway. This is VERY BAD and needs to be addressed by the developers.

I've posted in the direct access support forum with a link to this thread. Please post links to other examples here.
jasonh300

Postby thefatveganchef » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:32 am

I ended up killing that two mile stretch and rebuilding it. Maybe corrupt segments. Will test again when that becomes live.
thefatveganchef
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bgodette » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:59 pm

My test vs fresh locked "Unknown" direction segments went live with the last tile update, but I've only had a chance to drive across them once.

My prior testing of direction updating on a very busy minor highway segment would not update from Unknown to one-way or one-way to two-way, so there appears to be a number of drives limit. Further testing vs low traffic and newly created confirms that automatic direction updating happens, but all tests were performed vs unlocked segments. The current test is checking vs locked status.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Next

Return to Waze Map Editor