Waze is still changing direction on editor based on drives.

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Postby thefatveganchef » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:53 am

Waze is currently still changing direction based on drive history even after an area manager has manually set direction. Example:
http://www.waze.com/cartouche_old/?zoom ... 1=39357179 This segment shows it was edited by me on 1/15 where I had set direction.

I had checked this area on the 17th and changed them all back (Including this one I thought) and If I remember right the date on those segments was in March. I did drive on this road today and I think that could be why that segment changed to a one way.

Now I am the only Wazer that I know that drives in this area, and this road I only drive down one way, which is South and then when I hit York I head back West (York for 1/2 a mile was changed to a one way pointing West as well).

I know for a fact that this section of road was Two-Way. I have seen this section of road in the editor many many times and know I would not have set a section a mile and a half long as one way and then missed that mistake the many times I have seen this area since then. All these roads were mostly unknown when I started working this area.

If you set a road as two way, and it is only driven on in one direction it will revert back to a one-way.
thefatveganchef
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Waze is still changing direction on editor based on driv

Postby jasonh300 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:59 am

There was never a time that Waze would downgrade a two-way to a one-way.

It could make a unknown into a one-way and a one-way into a two-way though. Are you sure you didn't mark it Unknown, rather than two-way?
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby gerben » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:05 am

jasonh300 wrote:There was never a time that Waze would downgrade a two-way to a one-way.

Yes, there was! But is has been a long time since I last saw it happen... One of the staff members (nir?) explained that it was no longer possible for segments that were edited in WME.
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
ImageImageImageImage
gerben

Postby xtago » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:20 am

Probably been edited by someone.

If you edited that road in march it'd be around 6 months since you looked at it last right now and would seem theat is in the client.

You can change a lot of stuff but 4 days later it could be changed again by someone else but you wouldn't know until you see things in the map updates.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
xtago

Postby jasonh300 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:22 am

xtago wrote:Probably been edited by someone.

If you edited that road in march it'd be around 6 months since you looked at it last right now and would seem theat is in the client.

You can change a lot of stuff but 4 days later it could be changed again by someone else but you wouldn't know until you see things in the map updates.

We can look at the editor and see who edited the segment last.
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:27 am

gerben wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:There was never a time that Waze would downgrade a two-way to a one-way.

Yes, there was! But is has been a long time since I last saw it happen... One of the staff members (nir?) explained that it was no longer possible for segments that were edited in WME.

Okay, never in the "modern era" then. :lol:
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby thefatveganchef » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:35 am

xtago wrote:Probably been edited by someone.

I looked at that before I changed it and it was me. I was the one who last touched it. The person who touched it before me was admin(6) basemapped. I wish I could have blamed IGN, but sadly they didn't touch these roads last. These main roads I set them all at 2 way. I am going to have to watch this two mile segment closer and see if it gets changed again. I am going to go through that 2 mile strech and set the direction, leave them unlocked and drive down it only one direction to see if it gets changed again in 6 months.
thefatveganchef
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Brshk1 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:59 am

I am pretty sure that roads in Waze have their own life. I have seen turns that are enabled where it is clear that they shouldn't, with me as the last editor. I make lots of mistakes, but some of them are too strange to admit.

And after 9 months, it is very likely that locked segments get unlocked automatically. Not sure if this is a feature or a result of gps tracks from other roads crossing at different levels.
CM España || Nexus 5 / Android 6 || BB Z10 / OS 10.3.1 || Waze: latest
Más info (Beti berandu!!!).
Movember 2015, por una buena causa..
Brshk1
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby jasonh300 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:35 am

There's no way to see who the last editor of turn restrictions are.

However, if the proper procedure isn't followed for setting the turn restrictions, drivers making illegal turns can cause a restricted turn to automatically become allowed.
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby harling » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:15 pm

jasonh300 wrote:There's no way to see who the last editor of turn restrictions are.

Very unfortunately.
However, if the proper procedure isn't followed for setting the turn restrictions, drivers making illegal turns can cause a restricted turn to automatically become allowed.

I get those automated "The route goes through a turn which is marked as not allowed" reports often. 75% of them appear to be new roads that were connected to existing roads, and not all turn restrictions were examined; 5% of them appear to involve only basemapped roads (edited at epoch=0); the other 20% are due to time-based restrictions.)

So the question is, under what conditions does Waze currently auto-adjust turn restrictions, versus flagging them for review?
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.
harling

Next

Return to Waze Map Editor