[Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.5 Nov 16

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Script to add Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.3

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:09 pm

razor2k wrote:The number of reverse connectivity issues that exist is downright startling!

It is, until you consider that the default behavior in WME for about a year was to produce reverse connectivity, which then just makes it sad. :(
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Timbones » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:40 am

mapcat wrote:Bug(?) in chrome, windows: hitting Q when a node is selected automatically turns off the yellow (soft turn) but not the magenta (reverse connectivity) highlights. If I hover over the magenta after hitting Q, it disappears, however.

I attempted to fix this by binding a reset function to the Q key. Unfortunately, it doesn't work in Chrome. :( It does work in Firefox though.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby mapcat » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:40 pm

Bug(?) in chrome, windows: hitting Q when a node is selected automatically turns off the yellow (soft turn) but not the magenta (reverse connectivity) highlights. If I hover over the magenta after hitting Q, it disappears, however.

(Obviously hitting Q does nothing for the red (U-turns) highlighting either, but that's because that can't be fixed with a simple QW.)
mapcat

Postby bgodette » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:31 pm

shawndoc wrote:Just thinking out of the box.... Does this mean we can intentionally create u-turns with non-split roads, where u-turns are allowed?
Yes, but we'd need WME support for it, and more importantly client support for it, to be clean. It can be done in a script with a side-car with check boxes for each possible u-turn.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby iainhouse » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:25 pm

shawndoc wrote:Just thinking out of the box.... Does this mean we can intentionally create u-turns with non-split roads, where u-turns are allowed?

Get back in the box at once! :o

All across the world we're finding & fixing the problems these cause, thanks (again) to Tim. Even if you created one - and locked it - you'd get a never-ending stream of requests to unlock it "so I can fix the connectivity at this junction".

Although a proper way of marking an allowable u-turn might not be a completely awful idea. :)
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby bgodette » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:24 pm

Mike-1323 wrote:
bgodette wrote:RevCon is a connection into the wrong way of a one-way street, these were created all the time back when WME was called Papyrus, and can still be created by starting with a two-way segment and allowing turns into it, then changing it to one-way.

Then how can I get a RevCon error at a junction when the junction is at the 'entrance' end of a one-way street?
Depending on how Tim implemented it he may be showing SelfCon on a one-way segment as RevCon.

Mike-1323 wrote:And shouldn't qw'ing fix RevCon? The junction doesn't have to be exploded and rebuilt does it?
'qw'ing fixes RevCon because there's a legal turns vs road direction check on 'w'. 'qw'ing doesn't fix SelfCon because the 'q' function currently only looks at connections to other segments and ignores connections back to the same segment.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby HandofMadness » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:02 pm

Just thinking out of the box.... Does this mean we can intentionally create u-turns with non-split roads, where u-turns are allowed?
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Mike-1323 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:26 pm

bgodette wrote:RevCon is a connection into the wrong way of a one-way street, these were created all the time back when WME was called Papyrus, and can still be created by starting with a two-way segment and allowing turns into it, then changing it to one-way.

Then how can I get a RevCon error at a junction when the junction is at the 'entrance' end of a one-way street?

And shouldn't qw'ing fix RevCon? The junction doesn't have to be exploded and rebuilt does it?
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby bgodette » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:22 pm

iainhouse wrote:I think (and I'm definitely outside my comfort zone here :oops: ) that self-connectivity is what allows those unexpected u-turns you see during navigation. In other words you are driving up a segment and Waze tells you to come straight back down the segment at the next junction. I presume that the segment is "connected to itself" and will therefore route back at the end.

Reverse connectivity (purple highlight) I have only seen with one-way segments, where another segment joining the one-way segment at it's "outlet" shows a purple highlight on the one-way segment. I presume this means that, even though it's one way in one direction, Waze sees a valid routing going the other way.

Mind you it is nearly 3am here and I'm watching Sunday Night Football and doing some work stuff and I really should be sleeping! I'm sure someone who knows what they're talking about will come along and correct me. :)
You've got it all right. SelfCon is effectively allowing routing to perform a u-turn, there's a connection (turn) from and to the same segment. RevCon is a connection into the wrong way of a one-way street, these were created all the time back when WME was called Papyrus, and can still be created by starting with a two-way segment and allowing turns into it, then changing it to one-way.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Mike-1323 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:13 pm

Timbones wrote:Here's what you should see if you find a node that isn't right:

I noticed that if I select the node itself I get the messages and legend in the properties box. But if I select a segment, the segments attached to it light up with the highlights but there's no legend or message in the properties box. This is with FF 15. I have to wait until this evening to try it on Chrome.

Love the script. Incredibly useful. It just makes me sad to see so many reverse connectivity segments. :( Ah, well, it gives me something to do. :D
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor