[Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.5 Nov 16

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.5 Nov

Postby dave3825us » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:11 pm

svx-biker wrote:Any reason a Level(1) Editor should not see unterminated roads and node problems?

We have quite some new editors that don't put end nodes initially and when I show them the Highlight Script they dont see unterminated roads and Node Problems.

I agree. living in an area that does not get many user reported problems daily, it would take one forever to reach a higher editing level. I was using the junction node fixer and it is not working any longer for me. I have a thread going in the end of the junction node fixer thread.
She just stopped working...
dave3825us

Postby Timbones » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:07 pm

svx-biker wrote:Any reason a Level(1) Editor should not see unterminated roads and node problems?

I'm nervous about inexperienced editors being able to understand the node problems, so I'll keep those hidden under Advanced Options for now. I will move the 'Unterminated Roads' highlight up to the main options though.

iainhouse wrote:The highlighting seems to be "sticky": if I turn on city highlighting, the landmarks don't highlight until I mouseover them. Similarly, if I turn the highlighting off, I have to mouseover again to un-highlight the landmark.

Fixed.

New beta version here: v1.5.8!
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Extensions: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Timbones » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:13 pm

A minor fix was uploaded today (same version) to fix a bug that affected non-AMs.

Final call for feedback for this beta...
:)

via mobile
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby iainhouse » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:18 pm

Timbones wrote:Final call for feedback for this beta...

I checked the landmark highlighting issue and that's now working fine.

There is another issue that has gone back a few versions, but I'm not sure how far or if it's connected to the beta versions. I have been seeing a weird problem that I have only now made the effort to pin down. :oops:

Whenever I refresh the browser or go to a favorite or hit permalink, I find that the roads & aerials layers are shifted horizontally by a few pixels:
offset.gif
offset.gif (4.87 KiB) Viewed 1017 times

In this image you can see that the highlights appear to the right of the road images. Also, the cyan segment highlight where I have moved the mouse over a segment is offset. Although this image doesn't include the aerials, they are lined up with the road images. If I pan the map, the road & aerial images will then shift to the right, lining up with the highlights and actual selectable segments.

After disabling all other scripts and then re-enabling them one at a time, I have pinned it down to an interaction with Twister_UK's WMEOpenData script (both versions 1.14 and 1.15). If I disable that script, the offset behaviour does not happen.

It's not a biggie - I've got used to panning a bit immediately after following a link or refreshing - but I thought I'd better mention it. When I've posted this, I'll post a link to it in the topic for WMEOpenData.
UK Country Administrator
AM: London (DELETED), S Wales
Waze 3.7.3 • iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.3) • Chrome/W7x64
ImageImage
UK WikiWaze FAQ
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Twister-UK » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:19 am

Iain, please try the 1.15.1 update I've just posted - although I wasn't able to replicate the problem you've described, I did find something in 1.14 and 1.15 which has the potential to cause it.
L4 AM for NW London and Shetland Islands - HTC One M8/Android 5.0.1
Waze App 3.9.9.0, not about to switch to 4.x any time soon...
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby iainhouse » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:44 am

Twister_UK wrote:Iain, please try the 1.15.1 update I've just posted - although I wasn't able to replicate the problem you've described, I did find something in 1.14 and 1.15 which has the potential to cause it.

By George, I think he's got it!

That was it. I've noticed that scrollbar appearing as well, but I didn't connect the dots. :oops:
UK Country Administrator
AM: London (DELETED), S Wales
Waze 3.7.3 • iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.3) • Chrome/W7x64
ImageImage
UK WikiWaze FAQ
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby bz2012 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:33 pm

Measles seems to have disappeared. The revcon/softcon/u-con colored nodes are missing.

Disregard. Seems to be back after I disabled all extension and then re-enabled them.
:(
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby mike0723 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:35 pm

It seems the green for un-connected roads only shows when the segment has City/State filled in. Otherwise, it is gray.

Anyone else notice this, or is it just me?

I am using v1.5.8
Joined March, 2012
Area Manager - Suburban Chicago/Southwest Florida.

mike0723
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Timbones » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:02 pm

mike0723 wrote:It seems the green for un-connected roads only shows when the segment has City/State filled in. Otherwise, it is gray.

Do you have the 'No City' option enabled? That takes precedence over the 'Unconnected Roads' option.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby mike0723 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:16 pm

Yes, I did. So many of the roads in the area had no city names assigned, but when I took off No City and No Name, the green appeared.

Thanks for the info.
Joined March, 2012
Area Manager - Suburban Chicago/Southwest Florida.

mike0723
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor