[Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.5 Nov 16

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Re: Script to add Highlights for Segments & Landmarks -

Postby bgodette » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:30 am

razor2k wrote:Is this from lack of data on segment, a bug or something else?
#3, something else. Some segment attributes are invalid after saving if the segment has been modified. Permalinking clears that up, panning or zooming may as well.

It's all my phone's fault for using Tapatalk.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Script to add Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.3

Postby bgodette » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:48 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Waze is still looking at 3-month+ old GPS tracks for the map problem detection, which has been reported to Waze for over a year and they haven't done anything about it.
Try 12 month+ old GPS tracks, this area pops MPs whenever they rerun it because it looked like gmap's aerials a little over a year ago.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Re: Re: Script to add Highlights for Segments & Landmark

Postby bgodette » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:32 pm

Timbones wrote:
Mike-1323 wrote:
Timbones wrote:PS: the colour key, only appears when a node is selected.

That's what I said. :D

I know. I'm saying that it's supposed to be like that.

BTW, I should really credit bgodette for this feature, as it's his excellent code that I used in this version :)
I think you're right in having implemented it this way however. The visual overload of what I did is demoralizing in some areas.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bgodette » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:31 pm

shawndoc wrote:Just thinking out of the box.... Does this mean we can intentionally create u-turns with non-split roads, where u-turns are allowed?
Yes, but we'd need WME support for it, and more importantly client support for it, to be clean. It can be done in a script with a side-car with check boxes for each possible u-turn.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bgodette » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:24 pm

Mike-1323 wrote:
bgodette wrote:RevCon is a connection into the wrong way of a one-way street, these were created all the time back when WME was called Papyrus, and can still be created by starting with a two-way segment and allowing turns into it, then changing it to one-way.

Then how can I get a RevCon error at a junction when the junction is at the 'entrance' end of a one-way street?
Depending on how Tim implemented it he may be showing SelfCon on a one-way segment as RevCon.

Mike-1323 wrote:And shouldn't qw'ing fix RevCon? The junction doesn't have to be exploded and rebuilt does it?
'qw'ing fixes RevCon because there's a legal turns vs road direction check on 'w'. 'qw'ing doesn't fix SelfCon because the 'q' function currently only looks at connections to other segments and ignores connections back to the same segment.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bgodette » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:22 pm

iainhouse wrote:I think (and I'm definitely outside my comfort zone here :oops: ) that self-connectivity is what allows those unexpected u-turns you see during navigation. In other words you are driving up a segment and Waze tells you to come straight back down the segment at the next junction. I presume that the segment is "connected to itself" and will therefore route back at the end.

Reverse connectivity (purple highlight) I have only seen with one-way segments, where another segment joining the one-way segment at it's "outlet" shows a purple highlight on the one-way segment. I presume this means that, even though it's one way in one direction, Waze sees a valid routing going the other way.

Mind you it is nearly 3am here and I'm watching Sunday Night Football and doing some work stuff and I really should be sleeping! I'm sure someone who knows what they're talking about will come along and correct me. :)
You've got it all right. SelfCon is effectively allowing routing to perform a u-turn, there's a connection (turn) from and to the same segment. RevCon is a connection into the wrong way of a one-way street, these were created all the time back when WME was called Papyrus, and can still be created by starting with a two-way segment and allowing turns into it, then changing it to one-way.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Script to add Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.2

Postby bgodette » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:12 pm

How about adding Private and Parking Lot highlighting?
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bedo2991 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:30 am

Idea for a future version:
If it's possible, highlight in two different ways:
-All locked segments (as it's working now).
-All locked segments that the logged user cannot edit, if level of lock > corrent user).
Francesco
Italian Global Champ
ImageImageImageImageImage
New: Street Vector Layer (SVL)
"Slack volant, forum manent"
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.4.2 Oc

Postby avalanchehawk » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:11 pm

Something that would be nice, would be for us to be able to select the color of the highlights. i.e. some of the colors that are highlighted I can't see very well due to being color blind to certain colors. I manually hack the code, but I have to do that whenever the script is updated.
avalanchehawk
Area Manager: Houston
avalanchehawk

Postby AndyPoms » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:46 am

Timbones wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:Where do the city names come from? The city layer or the actual streets in the area?

It used to be only cities that appeared on streets, but I changed it to show all cities that Waze thinks are in the area. If there has been some renaming, then the old cities will stick around for a while. This is why I added the "= 0" counter to the side, so at least you can be sure that there are no segments in view.

Try version v1.1 if you want the old behaviour.

I wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy and there really weren't segments with the "Blue Hills" city property...

Maybe for v1.3 a radio button for "Streets Only" or "Include City Layer"

Love the plugin... It's now so much easier to cleanup the city layer - now only if we can get that layer to update...
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor