Report bad editors

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Report bad editors

Postby jasonh300 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:22 am

Actually, leave all this alone for now...this is looking more like vandalism. I'm going to turn this over to the administrators.
jasonh300

Postby jasonh300 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:17 am

tpmcguire wrote:What do you think about this? It wasnt the first time i saw it today, someone overlaid all of the GSP exit/entrance ramps with new unnamed segments.
Segments selected:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-73.98902&lat=40.40058&zoom=5&layers=BFTFFTTTTTTFTTTTTTTTTFT&segments=31887662

Segements not selected, and showing in red:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-74.3046&lat=40.6266&zoom=4&layers=BFTFFTTTTTTFTFTTTTTTTFT

I see a parking lot in red off the left which isn't my main concern right now.

I'm not seeing what you're describing here, so I assume someone fixed it.

However, what's your reasoning behind this mess?

Is there really some rule preventing traffic on Navesink from turning left onto Miller? But at the same time, traffic on Miller can make the jog to remain on Miller? The way it is here, the only instruction to traffic on both northbound and southbound miller when they hit Navesink is a "Keep Right". That's it.

Unless there's some really weird situation here, this is the wrong way to handle this intersection.

EDIT: Okay...I see your corrected link.

Looks like someone did some paving. Delete the red roads. They don't need to be there...it looks to me like everything else is correct in that link with the exception of the paving.

If you see any more of this, please report it to me or any other Champ and we'll contact the user in question.
jasonh300

Postby tpmcguire » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:10 am

PhantomSoul wrote:The yellow segments when a segment is selected mean those segments have a soft turn to the node of the selected segment they touch. The magenta ones show reverse connectivity (RevCons). Red segments, when another segment is selected show U-Turn segments (SelfCons). The last two need to be corrected when seen - the sidebar shows a hint as to what to do if you select a node with a RevCon or SelfCon. Soft turns also need to be corrected, but only if you know for sure which turns are or are not allowed at a given intersection. Further information on Soft Turns, Reverse Connections, and U-Turn Connections can be found in the wikis.

The red highlight segments come up when new roads are added without putting in a city name and street name or checking the corresponding boxes saying it doesn't have a city or name. Maybe there's a script error that put them there and maybe they'll disappear just the same? Freeway offramps are usually kept under level 5 locks to prevent vandalism, so that would be my guess. Anyone here know if something's going on?

I am sorry...the first link was wrong. It was supposed to be the same location as the second link, with all of the red segments selected. My question is why did this user add all of these red segments, directly on top of the existing ramps? Every red segment lays on top of a previously existing ramp. In this link, I moved some of the unnamed segment so it exposes the existing ramp below.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-74.30 ... s=71058138
tpmcguire

Postby PhantomSoul » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:55 am

The yellow segments when a segment is selected mean those segments have a soft turn to the node of the selected segment they touch. The magenta ones show reverse connectivity (RevCons). Red segments, when another segment is selected show U-Turn segments (SelfCons). The last two need to be corrected when seen - the sidebar shows a hint as to what to do if you select a node with a RevCon or SelfCon. Soft turns also need to be corrected, but only if you know for sure which turns are or are not allowed at a given intersection. Further information on Soft Turns, Reverse Connections, and U-Turn Connections can be found in the wikis.

The red highlight segments come up when new roads are added without putting in a city name and street name or checking the corresponding boxes saying it doesn't have a city or name. Maybe there's a script error that put them there and maybe they'll disappear just the same? Freeway offramps are usually kept under level 5 locks to prevent vandalism, so that would be my guess. Anyone here know if something's going on?
PhantomSoul
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby tpmcguire » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:34 am

What do you think about this? It wasnt the first time i saw it today, someone overlaid all of the GSP exit/entrance ramps with new unnamed segments.
Segments selected:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-73.98902&lat=40.40058&zoom=5&layers=BFTFFTTTTTTFTTTTTTTTTFT&segments=31887662

Segements not selected, and showing in red:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-74.3046&lat=40.6266&zoom=4&layers=BFTFFTTTTTTFTFTTTTTTTFT

I see a parking lot in red off the left which isn't my main concern right now.
tpmcguire

Postby TruckOttr » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:51 am

ArlenBystander wrote:Parking lot crazy.

It looks like a new editor created them a couple months ago. I'm wondering what the problem was that caused the admin account to update them this past week...and, why they didn't follow the best practices for parking lots.

I'll give it a couple days and clean it up if nobody else gets to it.

Look here first: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=37914
TruckOttr

Postby ArlenBystander » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:22 am

Parking lot crazy.

It looks like a new editor created them a couple months ago. I'm wondering what the problem was that caused the admin account to update them this past week...and, why they didn't follow the best practices for parking lots.

I'll give it a couple days and clean it up if nobody else gets to it.
ArlenBystander
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby jondrush » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:37 pm

Because zip codes are ill-defined and ever-changing.
jondrush
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Scruffy151 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:00 pm

PhantomSoul wrote:Besides, what does everyone do in the states that do not have townships for the parts of each county that are unincorporated?

In my area they tend to have mailing addresses in the nearest city. So some cities have huge mailing areas but relativiely small city limits.
Scruffy151
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby PhantomSoul » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:49 pm

I don't understand why everyone is so opposed to zip codes? The vast majority of "mailing cities" in New Jersey as defined by zip codes are far better known than the township municipalities they are enclosed in.

Besides, what does everyone do in the states that do not have townships for the parts of each county that are unincorporated?
PhantomSoul
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor