Report bad editors

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Report bad editors

Postby Daknife » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:48 pm

While normally I agree with the GPS tracks being suspect, in this case they clearly show the newer two lane highway with controlled interchanges as compared to the single lane hwy the aerials currently show. And if nothing else they provide a very solid indicator of where the road lanes and ramps should be placed (which it looks like so far you have correct.) GPS tracks can be dated but if there is question about placement of roads they should be a primary tool as the aerials occasionally get shifted.
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby nnote » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:28 pm

ItsEric has volunteered to keep up with the 303 highway.
I cant depend on GPS tracks being old or new or current so just gonna let ItsEric handle it. He lives out there and knows the area well.
nnote
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby Daknife » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:16 am

nnote wrote:Looks like the farm fields will need to be manually deleted.
As far as the 303 highway.... argh! Not sure what to do here. It's a wreck and not sure what's going on over there.. I got access to it today but damn I haven't driven it in awhile and dont know what it's current state is.

Want help with it. It looks like what you've mapped in but not named is matching the GPS tracks.
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby Daknife » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:12 am

skbun wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:Have you cleared out Portola Valley yet? I specifically ignored that one since it's such a huge project and I don't have much time to dedicate to it.

I'm actually having a hard time finding more of these. Has there been a big cleanup done?

If the answer is no, if you can point me to areas where the smudge still exists, I can try a JS fix I've had in the works to fix these segments quickly. (Also, it may work for other no-city basemap state smudges as well. Toss one or two at me.)

Other Smudges are the Idaho/wyoming state smudge (areas of Wyoming where unnamed roads are set to Idaho. And the Montanna/Idaho Smudge where a large portion of western Montana is marked with Idaho.

As to Portola, I've cleaned up a few tonight, If I see any more I'll link em rather than clear them. It looks like the automated process cleared out all the remote ones except for a few very widely scattered ramp segments, and segments within towns, those are the ones that generate the UR's Alan mentioned.
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby Mike-1323 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:12 pm

As far as the 303 highway.... argh! Not sure what to do here. It's a wreck and not sure what's going on over there.. I got access to it today but damn I haven't driven it in awhile and dont know what it's current state is.

Well, that will give me something to do when I get tired of deleting driveways in Virginia. :D
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby orbitc » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:18 pm

If you like to select and area or just to 4 points and say delete within it. I'll do that.
As far as the 303 goes. If you can drive there, maybe turn on "road mapping option" on your Waze?
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby nnote » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:13 pm

Looks like the farm fields will need to be manually deleted.
nnote
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby orbitc » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:25 pm

nnote wrote:Thanks Orbit C!
I got some info from ADOT, but not to helpful on the 303 situation.
I should have access to that area tomorrow so I'll start repairs, but if Waze cant revert the farm fields and 303 we will certainly need a strike team to hit the farm fields!

Again, I'll gladly help. Just let me know what you need. ;)
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby nnote » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:22 pm

Thanks Orbit C!
I got some info from ADOT, but not to helpful on the 303 situation.
I should have access to that area tomorrow so I'll start repairs, but if Waze cant revert the farm fields and 303 we will certainly need a strike team to hit the farm fields!
nnote
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby orbitc » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:26 pm

nnote wrote:The highways, it was 2 lanes both directions. There is construction to split it into seperate NB and SB lanes, but the user just dragged the whole thing to the east where the SB lanes are going to be, and left nothing for where the highway actually is, instead of just drawing in the SB lanes and closing them off for the time being.

I've been in contact with ADOT to see if they can provide me a detailed map of whats going in there so I can redo it.

As far as the farm fields.. and railroad tracks also... I really have no words...
Been in contact with Waze to see if they can do a mass wipe. If not ya someone will need to go in and cleanup.

I'll gladly help. let's take a deep breath and wait for Waze if that "mass wipe" is possible.
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor