Report bad editors

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Report bad editors

Postby nnote » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:20 pm

The highways, it was 2 lanes both directions. There is construction to split it into seperate NB and SB lanes, but the user just dragged the whole thing to the east where the SB lanes are going to be, and left nothing for where the highway actually is, instead of just drawing in the SB lanes and closing them off for the time being.

I've been in contact with ADOT to see if they can provide me a detailed map of whats going in there so I can redo it.

As far as the farm fields.. and railroad tracks also... I really have no words...
Been in contact with Waze to see if they can do a mass wipe. If not ya someone will need to go in and cleanup.
nnote
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:30 pm

Mike-1323 wrote:Have you been in contact with jbills31 to see why he felt it necessary to map every farm lane?

I did, but just told him to delete them. He read the PM.

At least all the farm roads are set as Dirt/4x4...
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby ArlenBystander » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:10 pm

Some of the highway segments have "CONST ZN" in their names and there are some GPS tracks following the road. This AZDOT indicates the road is being turned into a limited access highway.

Could this be an attempt to set it up as a split road but was never finished? Definitely poor form to change only one side and not add the other. At least they didn't set it to 1-way yet.

As far as the fields being mapped; I can probably help delete some of them if Waze can't roll back the changes. All I can say though is to check out the name of the town near the freeway link. :o
ArlenBystander
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Mike-1323 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:02 pm

nnote wrote:https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-111.95744&lat=32.97801&zoom=3&layers=BFTFFTTTTTTFTTTTTTTTTFT&segments=71212664

hundreds of them... and not just in this permalink

:shock: :o
Have you been in contact with jbills31 to see why he felt it necessary to map every farm lane?
If you need help eliminating all those useless farm roads I can run the delete button as good as anybody. Lemme know.

nnote wrote:and then an entire freeway got moved...

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-112.4 ... s=71429207

I took the chance contacting waze to see if they could revert. Dont know if it's possible though

That looks like some level 1 screwed up while trying to map ramps at the interchanges. The relocated highway mostly follows (what I assume are the new) ramps on the east side of the real road.

I just saw the CONST ZN label on some of the segments. Perhaps the highway is temporarily relocated to the ramps while overpasses are being constructed? What does ItsEric have to say?
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby dbwiddis » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:02 pm

The freeway movement is marked CONST ZN. Is it possibly legit? Or just a bad way of handling a detour?

The labeling of every single dirt road in the fields is... :shock:
dbwiddis
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby nnote » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:03 pm

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-111.9 ... s=71212664

hundreds of them... and not just in this permalink

and then an entire freeway got moved...

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-112.4 ... s=71429207

I took the chance contacting waze to see if they could revert. Dont know if it's possible though
nnote
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby harling » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:38 pm

nnote wrote:Well, this morning I found an entire FREAKING HIGHWAY moved and hundreds of farm fields mapped!
I dont have access to the area and I cant even get on with my daily edits because this mess is stressing me out!

Farm fields mapped? (Permalink?)
harling

Postby nnote » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:19 pm

Well, this morning I found an entire FREAKING HIGHWAY moved and hundreds of farm fields mapped!
I dont have access to the area and I cant even get on with my daily edits because this mess is stressing me out!
nnote
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:37 pm

dirgela wrote:This is another waze's example of user unfriendliness :roll: You need to read the instruction how to submit a problem, omg. And you have to guess that your report of the bad editor is "support ticket" :)

I disagree, partly. If you enter your question, and the provided suggested links do not work, you get the option to click Email. The main problem is the sense of entitlement and instant gratification which causes most people who try to use that form to get frustrated that the first suggestion isn't the right one immediately. We wrote the steps required to try and give them the sense that they can contact support, but must go one step further than many are willing to do.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby dirgela » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:59 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
dirgela wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Click the link to email support in the nanorep tool.

Sorry for stupid questions, but were is this link to email support? I can't see anything like that (see attachment)

Instructions are also in the FAQ.

This is another waze's example of user unfriendliness :roll: You need to read the instruction how to submit a problem, omg. And you have to guess that your report of the bad editor is "support ticket" :)
dirgela

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor