Report bad editors

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Report bad editors

Postby dirgela » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:59 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
dirgela wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Click the link to email support in the nanorep tool.

Sorry for stupid questions, but were is this link to email support? I can't see anything like that (see attachment)

Instructions are also in the FAQ.

This is another waze's example of user unfriendliness :roll: You need to read the instruction how to submit a problem, omg. And you have to guess that your report of the bad editor is "support ticket" :)
iPhone 4S
dirgela

Postby harling » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:27 pm

dirgela wrote:I can't find a way to report the abuse by the user MagicLT, who is splitting all the roads into two oneway streets...

This seems to be a favorite pastime among new editors--even without Cartouche's all-too-easy "split road" function. Thankfully, my learning curve took place in my hometown, when I was probably the first/only Wazer using the roads, so I got to see first-hand the pros and cons without inconveniencing anyone but myself.

If you post a Permalink to an example of this splitting, maybe a ranking editor can step in, and (if necessary) fix the damage and lock the road.
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.
Help wanted. Drop me a line!
Wiki Resources: Area Manager Wiki | Map Editing | Best Practices | Known Issues List
harling
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby harling » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:38 pm

nnote wrote:Well, this morning I found an entire FREAKING HIGHWAY moved and hundreds of farm fields mapped!
I dont have access to the area and I cant even get on with my daily edits because this mess is stressing me out!

Farm fields mapped? (Permalink?)
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.
Help wanted. Drop me a line!
Wiki Resources: Area Manager Wiki | Map Editing | Best Practices | Known Issues List
harling
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Report bad editors

Postby jasonh300 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:03 am

Kandralla wrote:even weirder they all show up with as being in Alabama when this is in Pittsburgh.

What's his rank? Sounds like he must be using the old editor if the state is coming up as Alabama.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Regional Coordinator, South-Central Region
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice ... Waze chat on IRC.
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Report bad editors

Postby jasonh300 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:23 am

shawndoc wrote:Alabama is still default on WME when editing multiple new segments at once. No idea if it will let you save as that though.

I've never seen any option other than the state I'm editing in, even when editing multiple segments.
New Orleans, Louisiana
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Report bad editors

Postby jasonh300 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:07 am

Okay...near borders, I've seen the option. But only of the two bordering states. I don't see why shawndoc should ever see an option for Alabama where he's editing (California).
New Orleans, Louisiana
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:19 pm

Kandralla wrote:The user contacted me this morning... I'll leave it at that for now.

As for state and country, in Erie, PA I've noticed new segments randomly defaulting to things near the border (New York, Ohio, and occasionally the country goes to Canada) but never something completely in a different area.

There are border issues in some spots where WME doesn't seem to know what state you're in. The Louisiana border extends east into MIssissippi almost 50 miles at a couple of points. I was drawing in a new subdivision in Gulfport, MS the other day and about half of the segments defaulted to Louisiana and half defaulted to MIssissippi, so I guess I was right on the line. They all would've allowed me to select either state, but if I tried to save with Louisiana on there, it gave an error that I was too far from the state. :?:
New Orleans, Louisiana
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:26 pm

shawndoc wrote:I tried to, but it was in a heavily built up area, and neither the highlight script nor the new Extended Tools have a way to highlight based on country. :( I clicked around for several minutes, but couldn't find any nearby segments with Mexico as the country.

It may have been removed already, but all it takes is one segment to make it to the tiles, and it'll continue to be an option on nearby segments. It has to be removed and stay that way across the whole area for a full cycle before it won't be an option.

Having done quite a bit of smudge hunting recently, I've found more oddball states and countries in California (specifically within 50 miles of L.A.) than anywhere else I've looked.

(For some reason, Gemany pops up in Louisiana once in a while also.)

Have you cleared out Portola Valley yet? I specifically ignored that one since it's such a huge project and I don't have much time to dedicate to it.
New Orleans, Louisiana
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:24 am

shawndoc wrote:Now that we have a version of Extended Tools for the new editor where the segment list works in Chrome, I'll probably start cleaning up more.

I tried that, but didn't really find it useful for smudge hunting outside of urban areas. It's come in handy finding a few oddball city names though.
New Orleans, Louisiana
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:49 pm

shawndoc wrote:Just based on this discussion, and me trying to fix some of these (fixed a whole bunch of Alabama and "Other" state alt names), I noticed a lot of roads have the same name in the Alt field. So real name and Alt name are exactly the same (Except maybe the state field). Seems like a waste of database entries.

Kinda wish there was a script that automatically deleted alt names if the the street and city match the regular name.

How are you determining what state the alt name is assigned to?

In my smudge hunting, if I see a duplicate name in the alt field, I delete it.
New Orleans, Louisiana
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor