Report bad editors

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Report bad editors

Postby jasonh300 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:37 pm

skbun wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:Have you cleared out Portola Valley yet? I specifically ignored that one since it's such a huge project and I don't have much time to dedicate to it.

I'm actually having a hard time finding more of these. Has there been a big cleanup done?

If the answer is no, if you can point me to areas where the smudge still exists, I can try a JS fix I've had in the works to fix these segments quickly. (Also, it may work for other no-city basemap state smudges as well. Toss one or two at me.)

The majority of it was automated I believe.
jasonh300

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:23 pm

skbun wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:Have you cleared out Portola Valley yet? I specifically ignored that one since it's such a huge project and I don't have much time to dedicate to it.

I'm actually having a hard time finding more of these. Has there been a big cleanup done?

If the answer is no, if you can point me to areas where the smudge still exists, I can try a JS fix I've had in the works to fix these segments quickly. (Also, it may work for other no-city basemap state smudges as well. Toss one or two at me.)

Portola Valley cleanup was largely automated. It was also related to the thousands of Update Requests which stated "we don't think the city on this segment is correct."
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby skbun » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:07 pm

skbun

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:15 pm

dirgela wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Click the link to email support in the nanorep tool.

Sorry for stupid questions, but were is this link to email support? I can't see anything like that (see attachment)

Instructions are also in the FAQ.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Kuhlkatz » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:56 pm

Type a question or statement that relates to your query first. If the content does not relate, click the link that indicates your query is not answered. Select a related category on the next screen after clicking the link.
If this still does not help, there is another link that you can click to open the email form.

The hidden link is likely just to filter out lazy users that pops emails as a first option, instead of doing some research first. Sort of a 'Research for Dummies' intro, yet with very relevant and extensive Info being covered along the way.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:42 pm

Type in a question. Then it'll give you a bunch of links to what it thinks you're asking. You can usually just ignore that and then click on the e-mail link at the bottom of the list. Then you can type in your info and submit it.
jasonh300

Postby dirgela » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:28 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Click the link to email support in the nanorep tool.

Sorry for stupid questions, but were is this link to email support? I can't see anything like that (see attachment)

Screen shot 2013-02-19 at 5.25.01 PM.png
(46.09 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
dirgela

Postby TruckOttr » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:43 pm

This seems to be a favorite pastime among new editors--even without Cartouche's all-too-easy "split road" function.

How Waze editing is set up unfortunately promotes this type of activity for new editors. Editors aren't distributed evenly. Most new editors tend to end up in places where the maps are somewhat mature, such as in major metropolitan areas. They look around wondering what they can do, so they start doing what's "missing", splitting roads, adding drive-thrus, landmarks for "Jane's Cupcake Shop", etc.

It's only going to continue to get worse as the maps mature, to the point where a large chunk of time is being spent reverting "bad" edits from new editors.

I don't know how many times the Wikipedia page for the planet Earth had to be reverted from someone changing the page to say "Mostly harmless". Now there are scripts that are automatically run to look for common things like that and autocorrect them.
TruckOttr

Postby harling » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:27 pm

dirgela wrote:I can't find a way to report the abuse by the user MagicLT, who is splitting all the roads into two oneway streets...

This seems to be a favorite pastime among new editors--even without Cartouche's all-too-easy "split road" function. Thankfully, my learning curve took place in my hometown, when I was probably the first/only Wazer using the roads, so I got to see first-hand the pros and cons without inconveniencing anyone but myself.

If you post a Permalink to an example of this splitting, maybe a ranking editor can step in, and (if necessary) fix the damage and lock the road.
harling

Postby dirgela » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:20 am

I can't find a way to report the abuse by the user MagicLT, who is splitting all the roads into two oneway streets. I can't send a message from the forum, because he probably has no account here (by sending the site says that user does not exist). In support section I find no way to send a report as well, because when I describe the problem in quick help window "nanorep" says that my question is incoprehensible :evil: :evil: :evil:
dirgela

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor