Report bad editors

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Report bad editors

Postby tpmcguire » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:08 am

xteejx wrote:Probably a noob using paving mode. Either way as above, report them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Where do I report them?
tpmcguire

Postby floppyrod84 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:58 am

Probably a noob using paving mode. Either way as above, report them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84

Postby TruckOttr » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:34 am

tpmcguire wrote:Anyone know why these red streets were put on top of existing roads? the user did this somewhere else on a GSP exit north of here before I think.

https:/www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-74.20289&lat=40.42355&zoom=4&layers=BTTFFTTTTTTFTTTTTTTTTFT

The user is GlnH
I dont see any posts in the forum by them.

Looks funky to me. I would leave it and report it to the nanorep and let Waze deal with it.
TruckOttr

Postby tpmcguire » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:29 am

Anyone know why these red streets were put on top of existing roads? the user did this somewhere else on a GSP exit north of here before I think.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-74.20 ... TTTTTTTTFT

The user is GlnH
I dont see any posts in the forum by them.
tpmcguire

Postby jasonh300 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:50 am

Yeah, what you did will probably work even better and it looks less sloppy. However you may need to come straight into that junction to prevent a U-Turn (although at 8 meters, a U-Turn shouldn't happen there anyway).

It's not really going to give the instructions any earlier though. What you may need to do is name the connecting segments "Navesink Ave" to get the proper turn instructions, but since the updates come quickly, it's easy enough to test.

I unlocked those 6 segments, so fix up the other one and double check all those turn restrictions and see how it works.

If this doesn't work, I have another idea, but see what happens with this.
jasonh300

Postby tpmcguire » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:21 am

jasonh300 wrote:That would've only gotten a turn right. Check out what I did...you may need to zoom in close to see the actual turns.

Ok, so that would give a Right then Left turn... How about this? Would it make a difference in giving the left turn instruction sooner? I dont have clearance to correct the turn(straight) restrictions on what I changed on Miller St.
Here:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=10&la ... s=70759790

and here:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=10&la ... s=71089129
tpmcguire

Postby jasonh300 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:51 am

That would've only gotten a turn right. Check out what I did...you may need to zoom in close to see the actual turns.
jasonh300

Postby tpmcguire » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:48 am

jasonh300 wrote:I don't know why for some reason my Ctrl-C just doesn't want to work. :lol:

Okay...I get it...I should've known since it was in New Jersey.

You should play with the angles on that though so you'll get proper turning instructions. LIveMap is what shows that the instructions aren't correct. You are using the LiveMap Navigation Script, right? If not, search it in the forums and install it and you'll be able to see the actual turning instructions.

As for the instructions, it should be left or right turns. I increased the right departure angle and made more of a curve on the end. the left turn instruction should come on the other side of Navesink Ave for each direction.
tpmcguire

Postby jasonh300 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:37 am

I don't know why for some reason my Ctrl-C just doesn't want to work. :lol:

Okay...I get it...I should've known since it was in New Jersey.

You should play with the angles on that though so you'll get proper turning instructions. LIveMap is what shows that the instructions aren't correct. You are using the LiveMap Navigation Script, right? If not, search it in the forums and install it and you'll be able to see the actual turning instructions.
jasonh300

Postby tpmcguire » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:35 am

jasonh300 wrote:
tpmcguire wrote:What do you think about this? It wasnt the first time i saw it today, someone overlaid all of the GSP exit/entrance ramps with new unnamed segments.
Segments selected:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-73.98902&lat=40.40058&zoom=5&layers=BFTFFTTTTTTFTTTTTTTTTFT&segments=31887662

Segements not selected, and showing in red:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-74.3046&lat=40.6266&zoom=4&layers=BFTFFTTTTTTFTFTTTTTTTFT

I see a parking lot in red off the left which isn't my main concern right now.

I'm not seeing what you're describing here, so I assume someone fixed it.

However, what's your reasoning behind this mess?

Is there really some rule preventing traffic on Navesink from turning left onto Miller? But at the same time, traffic on Miller can make the jog to remain on Miller? The way it is here, the only instruction to traffic on both northbound and southbound miller when they hit Navesink is a "Keep Right". That's it.

Unless there's some really weird situation here, this is the wrong way to handle this intersection.

EDIT: Okay...I see your corrected link.

Looks like someone did some paving. Delete the red roads. They don't need to be there...it looks to me like everything else is correct in that link with the exception of the paving.

If you see any more of this, please report it to me or any other Champ and we'll contact the user in question.

Jayson,
It seems you are as awesome copying links as i am tonight. You sent me a link to Louisiana, but i think you meant to send me this link:https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-73.98798&lat=40.39967&zoom=8&layers=BFTFFTTTTTTFTTTTTTTTTFT

If you haven't driven in NJ before...it is a very very very stupi....i mean special place. We like to screw up drivers from the other 49 states by prohibiting left turns on many major highways. While on Navesink Ave, left turns are prohibited at Miller St. but, Miller St is allowed to go across the highway which is a left turn. You can see the restriction signs for Navesink Ave in this street view.[ img ]

I guess i could consolidate the two 1way segments into a 2way segment for miller, i was trying to keep it separated since there is a physical median.

It is a crazy looking intersection.

I haven't tried navigating with the client yet but the Live Map seems to route properly.
tpmcguire

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor