AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Here's a functionality bug:
1. Enter in a search and go there.
2. Click in the Search box and drag to highlight the previously-entered search info, because you want to replace it with a new search.
3. Don't stop the drag in the box, but holding the mouse down, continue dragging left or right.
What happens when you release the mouse button: whatever portion of the Waze Bar you release from will send a mouseup event and activate that control.
What should happen: wherever you release the mouse button should not activate that control, but retain focus/action on the search box.
I do wish some of the icons had some color to them. But it works just fine for me.
Here's a couple issues I noticed just in terms of visual. This is all in the beta, because, as you noted, that's the future interface, so I figure to spend my testing time there:
1. Clicking on Highlight Segments and the drop-down appears under the word "Welcome" way to the left
2. The + menu is missing Gas Station and Parking Lot
3. When integrating WMECH and URO, in the beta, their respective tabs still appear.
4. Highlight segments in last x days doesn't have a default number of days. I thought there used to be a '7' in there?
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:mike-bronner wrote:I'm conflicted with this one:
- Buttons should respond to the mouseup event, so that it gives you a chance to move your mouse off the button if you change your mind, therefor not triggering it. mousedown or click events would all trigger before you take your finger off the mouse; you haven't committed yourself yet to that decision.
- Does anyone drag to highlight text in an input field anymore? One-click: focus; double-click: select word; tripple-click: select all content in the input field.
Perhaps the solution here is to auto-select the content on focus?
Here's my take on the functionality expectations: (I am unsure what the technical difference between a mousedown/up and a mouseclick event.) If the mousedown/up event doesn't occur in the same control, then the control shouldn't activate.
I compare this to the same action if you highlight the URL in the address bar of Safari and drag further to a menu or back button or right to the RSS/refresh controls. None of them activate when the drag ends there.
This is a pretty minor bug, but one I found accidentally, so it could happen to anyone, right?
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Future auto-save functionality: ability to adjust the auto-save change count value. I find 10 is too few for me.
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I forgot I set it, and then it saved in the middle of making many edits and thought "How did I hit Ctrl+S?" And then it did it again and I thought, "I was nowhere near save. WTH!?" And then I remembered...
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Auto-save and GeoWipe can conflict. Well, that is, auto-save will interrupt GeoWipe. If you are at 9 edits and select five segments to wipe, only one of the segments will actually get wiped because autosave kicks in and doesn't allow the other wipes to proceed.
Have fun figuring out if that one can be worked around!? (Well, as an external script, probably not, but if you were to pull it internally, perhaps?)
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Found a bug: the change counter does not update when doing undo. You can use Ctrl/Cmd+z or hit the Undo button to perform the undo, and while the undo actions are happening on the map, the counter doesn't change. Because of this, the re-do button state doesn't properly update.
It will change and reflect the correct current number of changes if you hit Ctrl+Shift+z to re-do. (You can't hit the button because it stays disabled even after using Undo.)
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]