[Script] UROverview Plus v3.47 (20150702)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: UR: Missing landmark

Postby dbraughlr » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:48 pm

If you go to https://www.waze.com/livemap/, you may make a missing landmark report at someplace that is suitable to you.
dbraughlr

Re: Houston, we have a problem

Postby dbraughlr » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:06 am

htxu wrote:... the speed limit signs ...

:?: Surely this is not on topic.
dbraughlr

popup covers icon

Postby dbraughlr » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:13 am

When I mouse over a UR icon near the bottom of the edit window, the popup completely obscures the icon which prevents me from opening the UR.

A simple solution is to show the popup an link to open the UR (in the current WME). In fact, clicking anywhere in the popup that isn't a link to somewhere else could be made to open the UR.
dbraughlr

Hide closed

Postby dbraughlr » Wed May 28, 2014 7:15 am

It appears that Hide closed functionality for MPs and URs is now included in WME.
dbraughlr

Re: [ROADWORKS]

Postby dbraughlr » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:56 pm

qwaletee wrote:should we just adopt the unfamiliar-to-us [ROADWORKS]

I think that would be okay if there was a button labeled "Construction Alert" on the Live Map problem report to insert the tag.
dbraughlr

Re: [Script] UROverview v1.20 (20130302)

Postby DisplayName » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:43 pm

A Possible Enhancement:

When you hover over the UR and the options dialog opens you have to carefully move down and then to the right to click on the desired option. If you're moving too quickly your cursor goes of the box and it disappears. I happen to be using a touch-pad on a laptop so sometimes it happens two or three times in a row. Anyway, is it possible to stack them in a column rather than the current row format? Then you can just keep going down.

So this:

[Open in new WME tab]
[Open in new livemap tab]
[Hide for this session]

Instead of this:

[Open in new WME tab] [Open in new livemap tab] [Hide for this session]
DisplayName

Re: [Script] UROverview v1.21 (20130315)

Postby DisplayName » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:23 am

This looks good and works nicely. I like the auto open too. =]

One issue I've come across is that, when opening in a new tab, the URO tab shows up twice... and a few times it's actually continued to create more and more as I watched. Here's a screen capture for you:
Attachments
URO Error.JPG
URO Error.JPG (33.75 KiB) Viewed 2419 times
DisplayName

Re: [Script] UROverview v1.21 (20130315)

Postby DisplayName » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:38 pm

The script seems to be doing the "endless URO tab generation" thing (see image above) almost all the time for me. It really slows things down and sometimes it interferes with editing. I found that if I remove the showproblem/endshow from the end of the URL the problem goes away.

Perhaps you could add an "auto-show problem" checkbox that would omit the showproblem/endshow piece unless checked. This would help people get past this problem when it occurs.
DisplayName

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.15 (20140813)

Postby ditchi56 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:43 am

A minor (I hope) enhancement request:

I think the change to the symbol for a "ROADWORKS" UR is great, it really helps to know that they don't need attention, while still being able to see them. (Seeing them is important as they may help in dealing with "genuine" user UR's).

However, the special symbol, unlike the native symbol which it replaces, doesn't change colour with age or when the UR is closed. Age isn't a problem for ROADWORKS UR's, but it would be handy to see when the UR has been closed. Would it be possible to use a different colour symbol for closed ROADWORKS UR's? Perhaps the cone be red and green instead of red and white?

Ian
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.31 (20141103)

Postby ditchi56 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:22 pm

Hi Chris, I'm sure you don't really want to be editing when you could be script writing :)

I have what I hope is a minor enhancement request:

When I send the reporter a message asking for more information, I copy the UR location on the Waze map into a spreadsheet. Then if I don't get a reply in a week, I come back and close it. At present, I'm getting the UR address by clicking on it, selection "open in new tab", and then cutting the URL out of that new tab.

Would it be possible to have another option "copy UR URL to clipboard", thus saving me opening the new tab?

Ian
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts