[Script] UROverview Plus v3.127 (20180128)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.44 (20150425)

Postby uscwaller » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:15 pm

Thanks for the update, and specifically the custom managed area names!! I posted that in the feature request forum a few months ago and am glad to see it being implemented. Cheers.
uscwaller
State Manager
State Manager

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.127 (20180128)

Postby Twister-UK » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:57 am

Most of those can be "highlighted" at present by appropriate use of the camera filters - whichever cameras remain visible are ones for which those errors exist... The only one missing from the current filter set is "non zero invalid limit", which could be included in some way.

If you want this taken to the next level so that these cameras can be marked in some way without interfering with the display of any other cameras, then that'll be a little more work...
Chris (not to be confused with Chris or Chris...)
L4 AM SE England & Shetland Islands / WME Beta Tester / Script Writer
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.126 (20180105)

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:34 pm

iainhouse wrote:Hi Twister.

After - literally - years of asking, Waze HQ have finally started adding Elgin links to MPs. An example is here.

Unfortunately, the links aren't clickable. I know just having them is a massive help, but I'm demanding! :lol:

Is there any chance you can make this link "live" - at least in the URO+ pop-up, if not in the MP dialogue box as well?

See above ;) TfL links next, pretty please...

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.127 (20180128)

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:26 pm

3.127 restores custom Elgin MP markers, and converts URLs in the MP ExtraInfo field into clickable links in both the MP panel and popup.

Available now from GreasyFork, CWS update to follow.

Firefox+Greasemonkey version: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/1952-uroverview-plus-uro
Chrome Web Store version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mjcdghdphi

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:47 pm

I can't replicate this here, so it may either be something specific to the USA server, or to your settings.

To check for the latter, please make a backup of your current settings (at the bottom of the Misc tab, click the "Backup" button and then copy the entire contents of the textbox into a seperate document. Now click the "Reset" button, reload the WME session, and then try applying just the "Ones I can't edit" option in the Placed tab again.

If this does appear to resolve the problem, please then copy and paste your backed-up setting back into the textbox and click "Restore", then reload the WME session again and see how the filter setting is behaving now. Please then also send me a copy of your settings via PM for further investigation.

If this doesn't resolve the problem, then... let's proceed over that elevated crossing structure when our journey reaches that point in the route ;)

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:08 pm

No worries, it's being asked questions like this which then prompt me into writing replies like that, which in turn then act as a way to publically document that part of URO for future reference by all...

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:46 pm

juliansean wrote:When I first load WME I have 2 or 3 PUR’s in my feed. After clearing those there are 0. When I tap load feed still 0, repeat two more times, then the feed is full of PUR’s again. This happens 100% of the time for me now. Any idea what I’ve messed up? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're clicking the feed refresh icon in the feed tab itself, then this doesn't sound right, because that replicates what happens when WME starts up - any existing feed entries are removed and the server is asked to supply a fresh batch of entries it'd like the user to see. If you haven't deleted anything from your feed at this point, then the fresh batch will almost certainly contain the same entries as before. If you had deleted anything, then this fresh batch will almost certainly contain all of the remaining entries, plus sufficient new ones to fill in the gaps. Refreshing the feed again should then result in no further changes until such time as the server decides to start showing you different stuff.

If you're clicking the "load more" button at the bottom of the feed panel however, then this sounds quite plausible - this time around, the existing feed entries are left alone, and the server is now being asked to supply the *next* set of feed entries which would be displayed to the user, which are then added onto the existing set to extend the total number of entries currently in the feed panel. If you keep on clicking this button, then sooner or later the server will start supplying batches of feed entries containing more things which match up to your filter settings, and so you'll start to see your visible feed list growing.

What you have to remember about the feed is that the priority rules the server uses to decide which entries it'll send to WME are entirely independent of the filtering settings URO is using.

I can't influence which entries are sent by the server, so in your example of wanting to only see PURs, the server will still continue to send out entries for whatever it would prefer you see in the feed, until they've either been deleted from your feed, or until you've clicked "load more" sufficient times for the server to have run out of other crap to feed you, leaving it with no choice but to start sending over details of the stuff you're actually interested in seeing...

You can see this in action by disabling all of your feed filter settings, and then clicking "load more" a few times - on each additional load, you'll then see how the feed list expands with each additional batch of entries, and will get a feel for what priorities the server seems to have regarding which entries it would like you to be looking at.

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:25 pm

glomp wrote:So after all that, URO+ is working properly :D

...and that's some top-notch diagnostics work there :D Debateable if it's really a bug in TB, given that it's being caused by NoScript blocking whatever it is TB needs to do with that domain, but it's certainly a good example of where a problem in a seemingly completely unrelated script can have unexpected consequences elsewhere.

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:21 pm

Whilst the *visible* effects of marker unstacking can be largely inhibited by increasing the "Disable below zoom" setting to 10 (this will stop markers being unstacked at all but the highest zoom level), behind the scenes the unstacking process is always working, even for markers which aren't part of a stack, in order to also inhibit the annoying habit WME has of wanting to always centre the map view on the selected marker...

I've also seen this marker misalignment glitch from time to time, but I've never been able to nail it down to something URO is or isn't doing, and since I've not personally seen it happening frequently enough to be anything more than a very occasional irritation as opposed to something that is sufficiently annoying to require fixing no matter how much effort is required, it's not something I've given too much attention to.

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:11 am

glomp wrote:Thanks for the quick update, the camera functionality seems to be working again. Not sure if anyone else has the problem but "Hide cameras on watchlist" doesn't seem to hide the cameras anymore.

Not seeing this problem here. Can you try the same sort of fix as suggested to Iain earlier - back up your current settings so that you don't lose your watchlist, then delete the watchlist entry and apply the settings back to URO. Reload the WME session and check that your watchlist is empty, then try adding one or two cameras to the watchlist and see if the "hide on" option works for those.

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts