[Script] UROverview Plus v3.102 (20170316)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview v2.02 (20131111)

Postby ponzu » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:32 pm

sketch wrote:Forum time zone is a user setting.

Thanks for that, at the very least. Fixed mine. Obviously, it will not affect how URs are timed in URO.
ponzu

Postby sketch » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:37 pm

ponzu wrote:You can't assume the date/time is in Israel time zone? Just a guess, but forum posts are stamped PST +10, so I'm going by that. Could even be GMT. I don't know much about time zones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would assume UTC, but there's no way to tell. Forum time zone is a user setting. At least one of the bug tracking sites does use IST, though.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Twister-UK » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:16 am

doctorkb wrote:One other request to improve the backup feature -- can it also backup the CWL?

It already does, although your comment has just made me realise there's a glitch here :oops:

Clicking on Backup pulls the settings from localStorage, but since the script only saves to localStorage as part of its shutdown process, it won't reflect any changes made to settings (which includes the CWL) during this browser session.

As a workaround, doing anything that reloads the WME session (e.g. clicking Permalink) will trigger the URO shutdown process, and then clicking Backup will give you the expected results. I'll tweak the script soon to resolve this.
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Twister-UK » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:00 am

ponzu wrote:You may be right about the server bug, but to be sure, the script shows information such as "Submitted earlier today" (I think, since I can't find any right now), "Submitted yesterday", etc.

I mean when hovering. So it does do some manipulation of date into words.

Each UR object returned from the server has a Unix-style timestamp value, but the time part of the value is masked off so that it always decodes to midnight. The UR object also contains a constant that indicates how many timestamp counts are in a day. Dividing one by the other gives a value >= 0, which the script then uses to decide whether to print "today", "1 day ago" or "x days ago" in the popup. That's the extent of how much manipulation goes on within the script, and since I don't know how the servers handle the timezone issue the safest thing to do is do nothing and assume that the elapsed days value is OK.
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby ponzu » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:56 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:yeah, if we don't know what timezone the date/time that is sent to the browser is, there's no way to accurately change it to a local timezone.

You can't assume the date/time is in Israel time zone? Just a guess, but forum posts are stamped PST +10, so I'm going by that. Could even be GMT. I don't know much about time zones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ponzu

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:38 am

ponzu wrote:Once clicked, you're right, the UR (I assume, this is straight Waze) shows the date of the report, and this date is probably off -- either in the wrong timezone, or just randomly off, you tell me.

yeah, if we don't know what timezone the date/time that is sent to the browser is, there's no way to accurately change it to a local timezone.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby doctorkb » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:52 am

One other request to improve the backup feature -- can it also backup the CWL?

Thanks... and GREAT WORK!
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby ponzu » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:30 am

Timbones wrote:This script just shows the dates that gets sent to the browser.

You may be right about the server bug, but to be sure, the script shows information such as "Submitted earlier today" (I think, since I can't find any right now), "Submitted yesterday", etc.

I mean when hovering. So it does do some manipulation of date into words.

Once clicked, you're right, the UR (I assume, this is straight Waze) shows the date of the report, and this date is probably off -- either in the wrong timezone, or just randomly off, you tell me.

At least that answers part of my question. Nothing the script can do.
ponzu

Postby Timbones » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:26 am

ponzu wrote:Not sure what magic is at play here, but is it possible to tweak the script in its present form, or to get it enhanced so that it takes my time zone into account when labeling URs as submitted "today" vs "yesterday"?

I think this is a bug on the Waze servers. It's been reported many times this year.

This script just shows the dates that gets sent to the browser.

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby ponzu » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:00 am

Thanks for the script. Long time user, first time poster here.

Not sure what magic is at play here, but is it possible to tweak the script in its present form, or to get it enhanced so that it takes my time zone into account when labeling URs as submitted "today" vs "yesterday"?

I may be wrong, but I do believe that the script is on the server's time, which, I am guessing, is in Israel and 10 hours ahead of me. As a result, URs that were submitted a few hours ago, midday PST, show up as "Submitted yesterday".

Thanks!
ponzu

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts