Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, Unholy

Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby mike-bronner » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:51 pm

Just have this bug with firefox on mac os mountain lion: I can't access the Layers as it is right under the '+' to add new roads, roundabout... :?

I believe this is due to customized font sizing. Hitting CTRL-0 should reset your font size/zoom level, and the menu should display normally again. If that doesn't work, what screen resolution are you using?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
mike-bronner

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby Olestas » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:56 am

Editor messes up numbers by itself, when there is unusual numbering.
If one side is e.g. 2-12, but other side has no numbers.. empty space should be accepted. If I do not enter any numbers, number from other part of the road is taken automatically, which brakes all numbering further.

Similar problem is with big streets, which are drawn as two one way roads and are separated in real life. Numbering must go on one side of street only... not taken from the other side..
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:54 pm

olestas wrote:Editor messes up numbers by itself, when there is unusual numbering.
If one side is e.g. 2-12, but other side has no numbers.. empty space should be accepted. If I do not enter any numbers, number from other part of the road is taken automatically, which brakes all numbering further.

Similar problem is with big streets, which are drawn as two one way roads and are separated in real life. Numbering must go on one side of street only... not taken from the other side..

Did you try entering zeroes (0)?
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.2.1 | Waze v4.2b
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Olestas » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:04 pm

I did... but after saving they are replaced with numbers from nearest street segment...

P.S. Hmm, I have tried again now, and it seems to work. I will try further, and inform if something changes.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Olestas » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:29 pm

I tried not to continue numbering of usual street... entered number on both sides from 1 to 100.. and saved. All numbers got messed up completely. Thats just horrible. I do not understand how numbering works... is it automatic or what?? After chaning numbers in any place on street, somewhere else numbers are messed up.
I am not using this :(

This is the street I tried on..

https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&l ... 3,90265748
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CrackedLCD » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:04 am

After using the new version for a while, I think I've come across two instances of odd behaviour and I'm wondering if anyone else is having these issues.

First, when selecting small segments with geometry nodes in between the A-B points, I'm noticing a big tendency for the cursor to not change from the crosshairs back to a pointer. When this happens, if I click anywhere on the screen, it places the geometry node at that spot. It's very annoying during mass edits and deletes, where I'm trying to delete a lot of unneeded driveways or nodes in a reasonable amount of time. The only workarounds are to either hit escape and cancel the action, or wiggle the cursor over the selected segment back and forth until it "releases" and goes back to a cursor.

Second, I'm having occasional trouble inputting data like street names onto segments. I'll start typing and then it's like someone hit the escape key, cancelling the operation. I'm not hitting any stray keys or mouse buttons, so I have no idea where that escape command is coming from. It seems to do it if I'm typing quickly and the dropdown list of possible road populates with a bunch of different choices. But it doesn't do it with any reproduce-able regularity, so I'm stumped.

These problems didn't seem to happen on the old version. Has anyone else encountered these minor but annoying issues?

This is on Win XP sp2, Chrome version 24.0.1312.14 beta-m.
~CrackedLCD
AM for Baldwin-Mobile Cos., AL // Grenada-LeFlore-Carroll Cos., MS // Escambia-Santa Rosa Cos., FL // CM for the USA

Moto Droid Turbo (Android 5.1) on Verizon Wireless
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby iainhouse » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:14 am

CrackedLCD wrote:...when selecting small segments with geometry nodes in between the A-B points, I'm noticing a big tendency for the cursor to not change from the crosshairs back to a pointer. When this happens, if I click anywhere on the screen, it places the geometry node at that spot. It's very annoying during mass edits and deletes, where I'm trying to delete a lot of unneeded driveways or nodes in a reasonable amount of time. The only workarounds are to either hit escape and cancel the action, or wiggle the cursor over the selected segment back and forth until it "releases" and goes back to a cursor.

I'm getting this happen all the time. Really annoying! :x I think it's a timing issue: I get the impression that it happens when you click on the link and immediately move the pointer away. Although it seems to have grabbed the node and you can't "drop" it, it hasn't actually done so. I normally save and then permalink and the node is back where it started. I shall have to try wiggling. :lol:
UK Country Administrator
AM: London (DELETED), S Wales
Waze 3.7.3 • iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.3) • Chrome/W7x64
ImageImage
UK WikiWaze FAQ
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby davipt » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:30 am

CrackedLCD wrote:First, when selecting small segments with geometry nodes in between the A-B points, I'm noticing a big tendency for the cursor to not change from the crosshairs back to a pointer. When this happens, if I click anywhere on the screen, it places the geometry node at that spot.

I've seen this happening with my Firefox and Safari and I even have a road live right now that, edited (screwed) with the old editor, a road that does a 90º angle to the side and then a 90º back, with that broken node almost a km away from the real road position. I always thought it was a question of sensitivity from the mouse. Maybe it's really a timing issue.

CrackedLCD wrote:Second, I'm having occasional trouble inputting data like street names onto segments. I'll start typing and then it's like someone hit the escape key, cancelling the operation

This used to happen when the backend is slow and the roads are still loading. Check if the "loading road" is still showing on the right side when you try to edit and if the editing fields goes away at the same time as the "loading road". I haven't seen yet this one on the new editor mainly because I'm more careful now but it did happen a lot before I knew about this, and hence it did happen to me before on the old editor.
ImageBruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ
Coordinator for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:38 am

The thing with the geometry node sticking to the mouse pointer has been around for a while, but now, you can click multiple times and it still won't let go. It also seems to do it a lot more frequently under certain circumstances, and it does seem to have something to do with rapidly trying to select multiple segments. I found that hitting Escape will get rid of it sometimes, and sometimes it will do it on its own. This is an extremely frustrating bug.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Regional Coordinator, South-Central Region
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana or Mississippi Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:44 am

jasonh300 wrote:The thing with the geometry node sticking to the mouse pointer has been around for a while, but now, you can click multiple times and it still won't let go. It also seems to do it a lot more frequently under certain circumstances, and it does seem to have something to do with rapidly trying to select multiple segments. I found that hitting Escape will get rid of it sometimes, and sometimes it will do it on its own. This is an extremely frustrating bug.

Indeed, that's why I gave my example of the fupped road that I only noticed because there was a user report about that nice highway 90º based detour through the forest :D
ImageBruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ
Coordinator for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor