Lost editable areas

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Lost editable areas

Postby DoctorDylan » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:12 pm

EDIT BY MOD to help with understanding the status:

Complaints are coming in from both servers, all over the world.

This was called directly to the attention of the developers yesterday morning, and they have acknowledged the problem and are investigating the possible causes.

--

I seem to have lost part of my (previously) editable area.
Now the editable area is broken into sections? (It wasn't before?)
Well, I seem to be missing some...
Trying to go back to an area to tidy something up, and can't....
DoctorDylan

Re: Lost editable areas

Postby davipt » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:57 pm

jasonh300 wrote:
WestSyder wrote:I'm still missing drives from a couple weeks ago. Are we just waiting around, or is there some process to submit to have the editable areas re-established?

Missing drives, or missing editable areas?

Both. The drives are appearing slowly, as announced on the status. The editing permissions I need someone else to check, as I have no recent drive outside my editing zone (and am CM anyway).
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ & Coordinator for Portugal | iPhone Beta
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:39 pm

jasonh300 wrote:As of this morning, support confirms that they've seen the list of your drives that I submitted and they're looking into it and won't be needing any more data. So now we just wait and see what happens.

Just a reminder that new routes are also taking too long to appear, compared with some weeks ago before the new editor/client/infrastructure. Myself I can only identify one route missing (that I noticed), but my weekday work-home daily routes (around 16-20KM) usually took a coffee to appear, and now they are taking hours, if not a whole day.

PS: oops, just noticed that I'm also missing my two work-home routes from yesterday, and the route from sunday still says "yesterday".
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:25 pm

SocalToe wrote:Pertaining to the drives......

Although listed, any of my drives before Oct 1, 2012 gets forever stuck at

That is a different issue, but a major one. Mine are lost before the Oct 20th or something, kind of 50 drives out of thousand and something. The background request to retrieve the drive returns a 403 not allowed. In the INTL server I have the impression that drives stop being available around the time the mapdate is being generated, so instead of 3 months (the editing rights are correct, mind the issue reported in this thread), my drives are only available for some weeks, maximum one month. I'm about to create a script to save my drives and allow to reload them ;)
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:43 pm

nzhook wrote:Im also not sure how long ago the dries should remain, as a lot of y drives from about 3 months ago have also gone.

From my experience on a friends's account the advertised 3 month is working correctly. His account had two big drives, one 3month + 1 day away, without editing permissions, and one with 3 month minus one day, with editing ok, so it seems old drives are correct, it was only the recent ones (weeks) that were failing randomly.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:46 am

For me it's hard to see the editing permissions (I'm CM), but I'm surely missing a whole drive from yesterday, between these two:

321822373 Nov 10, 17:09
321427036 Nov 10, 12:39

It was a drive that started probably after 16:30 and ended around 17:00, as I spend a little bit more than 5 minutes before taking the 17:09 drive to drop a person and choose which route to have fun.

PS: and while you're at it, please unblock the drives up to the 3 month editing limits. I can't load any drives from Oct 20th and before, just get "Loading..." on screen, and a 403 error on the background request. INTL server btw.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:45 am

Additional information for the developers that got reported to me and a post on the new editor reminded me to remind you.

It seems it's not just the editing rights that are being lost, it's also some drives, and even partial drives.

I had some reports similar to that post, from guys in Portugal, of drives that never appeared on their list, and drives that appeared only partially. First I thought it was just delays cause by the drives being too long (drives are processed faster the shorter they are, so a short drive after a long one will appear first), but one of the drives was from Monday, and 5 days to process a drive seems too much.

I don't know how magic works on the backstage, but we haven't had drive issues for a long time, much less editing issues, so I'm pretty sure both may be related.

Hope this info helps.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Just lost ability to edit some regions

Postby davipt » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:00 pm

xteejx wrote:There's definitely a disconnection between processes and the database. Anyone contacted support?

From the WME 3.5 thread conversation they are aware of the issue, but I haven't seen any feedback yet. Just let them investigate it. Maybe the new infrastructure will solve it.

BTW most reports I've seen seems to be on the INTL, is anyone having the same on USA? It may be relevant for the developers to know it it happens on both platforms or only INTL, I suppose.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:58 pm

xteejx wrote:Hmm...database error? Processing problem (unlikely if it was there before)?
I'm going to check my drives now on intl see if they're there.

As a developer I have a feeling this is related to the issue of loosing the session on the editor. I'm constantly getting no road updates when I scroll the map, then refresh the page and get the login page, then refresh again and am logged in. Right now I even had it the other way around, was seeing the login page but in the background was seeing the roads loaded correctly, as the highlight script was highlighting the roads.

So from the outside I feel there is some kind of de-synch between the nodes in the back.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:17 pm

xteejx wrote:Do you mean lost, or did you ever get that area, in which case it hasn't been processed yet.

My same colleague just opened the editor and confirmed he has a drive from Nov 1st that he had editing permissions (had edited some stuff) and today the drive is there but the permissions are gone. It's the same guy that has the 3 month plus some days old drive gone and the 3 month minus some days still there, so it seems it only affects recent drives.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor