Lost editable areas

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Just lost ability to edit some regions

Postby TruckOttr » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:56 am

I will add to the chorus of losing editable areas. It's odd because I will be able to edit a new area that I drove in, but then return less than 24 hours later and it's no longer editable.

For example, I drove over 200 miles around Utah yesterday and was able to edit it later that day. Today, the only areas in Utah that I can edit are in the areas I drove in today, a much smaller area of about 5 mile radius. Areas of Utah I drove yesterday I'm no longer able to edit.
TruckOttr

Postby vcoolvin » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:39 am

Same report from here in India, i too have lost my editable areas. But i am able to make changes to the roads just cant change the directions permission etc. Just yesterday i was making changes to some segments in that area.
vcoolvin

Postby nzhook » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:31 am

I can confirm lost editing areas in New Zealand, A drive I done on Saturday toward Auckland and back allowed me to edit the area the following day, today its gone.

Additionally an area ive driven around recently (not sure how long) allowed me to edit and change roads this morning and now when ive gone back the edits show I made the change this morning but I cannot make any further edits.

Also there is nothing on the status page about it, bit odd it happened over night.
nzhook

Postby WeeeZer14 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:46 am

FrigardH wrote:I faced the same experience of losing my Editable Area-1, hundreds of km of driving from 3 months ago... :?
Can it be returned back or do I hv to re-drive to that areas after a long time (OMG!) or is there any bugs in the app.? Need clarification from Support.... ;)

Driving area only lasts around 3 months. In general, we only want people familiar with current conditions to be editing.
WeeeZer14

Postby FrigardH » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:37 am

I faced the same experience of losing my Editable Area-1, hundreds of km of driving from 3 months ago... :?
Can it be returned back or do I hv to re-drive to that areas after a long time (OMG!) or is there any bugs in the app.? Need clarification from Support.... ;)
FrigardH

Postby jwkilgore » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:27 am

I don't know if this was a global thing or not, but I'll chime in with my losses. In mid October I drove from Tennessee through Georgia and Alabama to Mississippi, then drove all around Mississippi. I was editing there Sunday night, and it's all gone tonight.

On Saturday I drove from Tennessee through Kentucky to Columbus Ohio. Right now I can edit around Columbus where I've driven over the past 2 days, the but the long drive on Saturday (actually, drives, because I turned Waze off at every stop) is missing. My "Drives" tab is blank.

*EDIT*
Umm... right after posting this, I checked one more time and most editable areas are back. Drives I took in October are all back, and the short drives over the last two days are still there. But the long drive(s) from Chattanooga to Columbus is still missing. My "Drives" tab is also back.

Out of curiosity, I checked a few roads I edited on Sunday. Even though the general area doesn't show up as editable and the rest of the roads in the area are not editable, any roads I edited on Sunday I can still edit.
Last edited by jwkilgore on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
jwkilgore

Postby iainhouse » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:34 pm

I've also lost permissions to a massive amount of editable areas from a vacation in late August - which I shouldn't lose rights over until the end of the month.

I can confirm that in these areas, I can still edit segments that I am the last editor for, but not other segments.

I also looked through my Drives. They are all there, but if I select any drive older than October 21st, the editor sits there saying "Loading..." at the top but nothing actually loads.
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby chunkmonkey » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:59 pm

Well I know it didn't solve anything, I just thought it was a odd glitch that may help in resolving this matter.
chunkmonkey

Postby Gyr1949 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:30 pm

Well, that explains it, then.

Not.

:?
Gyr1949

Postby chunkmonkey » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:14 pm

The other odd thing I just noticed is that if I had already made a change to a road, I can still make changes on those roads, even though they show outside my editable range, but if I have not touched the segment, its not available.
chunkmonkey

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor