Lost editable areas

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Just lost ability to edit some regions

Postby davipt » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:03 am

davipt wrote:For example in my case right now I have 220 pages of drives, but can only access the first 10-11 pages, on concretely only drives since Oct 21. Everything Oct 20 and before... fails

I've confirmed with 3 other users in Portugal that all drives before the 21th are not available.

On the other hand I can confirm on one of the users that he still has editing permissions from a route 3 months ago. He had two big identifiable drives, one on Sep 7 which is editable, the other one on Aug 31 which is not.
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ & Coordinator for Portugal | iPhone Beta
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:44 pm

just my ¢2

As a CM I don't usually look at the editable areas, but have noticed that the drives stop being available after much less than 3 months. For example in my case right now I have 220 pages of drives, but can only access the first 10-11 pages, on concretely only drives since Oct 21. Everything Oct 20 and before, the XHR call to .../Archive/Session returns a 403 forbidden, which is quite sad. I've +1 something on user voice stating that either the drives should be available (maybe up to one year), or not visible on the editor if not available. I've though about saving the drives myself (on the Oct 17th I did save all routes available at that day - since Oct 2nd until that day, so now I completely lost the drives between 17 and 20 :( )

In terms of editing rights, looking at my editable areas layer (which is quite confusing with editable areas of drives, AM rectangles and CM country), it seems it's available before the 21th, as there is an area I've been on vacation a week before that day.

I can't confirm now, but two of my colleagues did loose editing right of drives around one month old, but at that time we didn't care that much because I could do the fixing they needed. But surely it's not the advertised three months.

I do have a feeling that drives stop being available when or during a mapdate. Last INTL one happend on the 26th, with data from the 16th, which wraps my split point of Oct 20-21th.
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ & Coordinator for Portugal | iPhone Beta
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Lost editable areas

Postby dave3825us » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:10 pm

Getting bored with such a small area to edit....

At waze, Please post the progress on this issue. We feel like we are in the dark....
dave3825us

Re: Lost editable areas

Postby dave3825us » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:27 pm

14 pages of people saying they cant edit areas as of Oct 2

EDIT BY MOD to help with understanding the status:

Complaints are coming in from both servers, all over the world.

This was called directly to the attention of the developers yesterday morning, and they have acknowledged the problem and are investigating the possible causes.

OK,,,,

20 days later,

WHATS GOING ON?
Find the bug yet?
When will it be fixed?

How about some kind of official word from Waze?
dave3825us

Postby dave3825us » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:31 pm

The issue is present in the USA server. New York...
dave3825us

Postby dave3825us » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:21 pm

I too have lost the ability to edit areas that I could once edit. The end of August, I drove from Long Island NY to Florida. I can do some editing in Long Island but not all the areas that I was doing an hour ago. I can also edit areas like Rainstorm Rd, No city, South Carolina, but I no longer have the whole area that connected Long Island to Florida, (my drive) so for those saying that after 3 months you cant edit, I beg to differ. I can still edit Florida but not the route out of New York to Florida. But like I said, I can edit areas of the drive in the lower states heading to Florida..

I also saw a user reported problem located on the Long Island map, but the issue referenced rt 4 in New Jersey. Something fishy is going on...
dave3825us

I drove them but I can't edit them

Postby Corazonista » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:37 pm

Hi, In Colombia I have the same problem... or similar.

I can see the drives I have done from Bogotá to La Dorada one month ago and 10 days ago, but still it is a non editable area for me...

I sent a tweet but it seems I wasn't clear (140 aren't enough?)...

Still waiting to this weekend for the INTL editor to update, and maybe it could fix it.
Hno Luis Antonio, sc
WZ King Monster

Champ Colombia
Español - English - Français
OP3T Android 7.1.1 Oxygen 4.1.6 y LG Tab V410 Android 4.4
Corazonista
Coordinators
Coordinators

Location: Bogotá - Puerto Salgar - La Dorada - Barranquilla (in between)

Postby chunkmonkey » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:32 pm

Canada here but on the NA server and same issue.
chunkmonkey

Postby chunkmonkey » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:59 pm

Well I know it didn't solve anything, I just thought it was a odd glitch that may help in resolving this matter.
chunkmonkey

Postby chunkmonkey » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:14 pm

The other odd thing I just noticed is that if I had already made a change to a road, I can still make changes on those roads, even though they show outside my editable range, but if I have not touched the segment, its not available.
chunkmonkey

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor