Lost editable areas

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Just lost ability to edit some regions

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:03 pm

GeekNJ wrote:I'm 100% sure the drives from last week show as processed and are not editable in the update map. Must be a problem.

I would submit a ticket from the Quick Help box/forum (send email) on the Support page. I am not 100% certain that "drive processing" is the same process which enabled the editable areas. There is a "merger process" but I am not sure if that's the same thing as the "drive processing" phrase I have used. The code and work done to analyze drives is very complex and may take longer than I'm thinking to update editable areas.

Post back here any answer you get from Waze!
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby GeekNJ » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:58 pm

I'm 100% sure the drives from last week show as processed and are not editable in the update map. Must be a problem.

Bummer about drives lasting a limited time as editable. I can cover a lot more ground editing vs what I can constantly be driving.

David
GeekNJ

Postby CBenson » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:56 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:30 days I believe?

I've never seen an area expire less than 90 days after driving through.
CBenson

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:53 pm

GeekNJ wrote:Is there an expiration on areas driven thru? That still wouldn't explain the new areas just 1 week old.

Yes. 30 days I believe? It would if the drives through those areas do not show on your dashboard yet. Once the drives are processed, your editable area will include it. If the drives ARE processed, and are within 30 days old, then a problem is likely.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby GeekNJ » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:44 pm

I haven't been through some areas in 1 month or so. Other areas I was in this this week for the first time and they were showing up as editable. I'm not an "AM" and just a regular editor.

Is there an expiration on areas driven thru? That still wouldn't explain the new areas just 1 week old.

David
GeekNJ

Postby Machete808 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:42 pm

Same thing happened to me. And I did a big drive last weekend to re-expand my editing area. And it was expanded for a few days; now the outer areas are gone again.
Machete808
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:39 pm

Are those in areas you hadn't driven in a real long time and just went through again in the last few days, or have you been a regular visitor? Is this an AM area or just a driven/editable area?
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Lost editable areas

Postby jasonh300 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:30 pm

And it's been 3 days since I posted the update that the developers have recognized the problem and are working to find a solution...2 days of which have been a weekend. This isn't the only problem that they're working on.

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300

Lost editable areas

Postby jasonh300 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:16 am

Okay, support has requested some additional info. For anyone having this problem, if you know this info, please post the beginning date and time in GMT of any drive that is missing editable area. If we can get just a few, it will help with troubleshooting.

Thanks!

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300

Lost editable areas

Postby jasonh300 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:52 pm

From what I understand, the drives are all there, but there is a glitch in permissions.

These sort of things usually get fixed on Sunday, after the weekend ends in Israel. This is assuming they've been able to trace the problem. It's apparently something pretty major or it would've been fixed by now.

If the developers don't post here directly, I'll post as soon as I hear something.

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor