City polygon layer has updated (NA)

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: City polygon layer has updated (NA)

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:57 am

ohiostmusicman wrote:
Mike-1323 wrote:
gerben wrote:For the client, the city layer is only updated for tiles that had at least one edit during the last update cycle, so to get rid of it, every tile covered by the smudge needs an edit.

. . . And which layer would I turn on to see the tile boundries?

Does this mean we'd have to basically re-save a majority of roads as they are in order for the massive smudge to be gone on the next tile update?

All the segments responsible for the smudge must be fixed, of course. Then, any tile the smudge went through would need at least one segment trivially updated, like a geometry node delete or add. Nothing fancy.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby OhioStMusicMan » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:47 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:All the segments responsible for the smudge must be fixed, of course. Then, any tile the smudge went through would need at least one segment trivially updated, like a geometry node delete or add. Nothing fancy.

I take it there isn't any way to see tile boundaries in WME?
Travis
Waze 4.3.9902.902
iPhone 6 (VZW) - iOS 9.3
iMac 21.5" & MacBook Pro 15" - OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)
Area Manager: Northern OH & Bakersfield, CA

ImageImageImage
OhioStMusicMan
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby skbun » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:07 am

This isn't completely related to city tiles in WME, but it's something else I noticed while troubleshooting a UR - and, anyway, at least related to the general topic of tile generation.

Is it my imagination, or is the Livemap's functions kind of 'half there', in that if you know two exact points to use on the map, you can use the Livemap to test routes with it - but that the visual appearance of the livemap tiles themselves is weeks out of date? (I worked this out by trial and error by like...moving to points beyond where segment structures had changed and I knew a predictable route should begin, and got this to work.)

I can't tell precisely how far back, but I'm fairly certain it's not showing changes from 'after at least October 13'.

AM in SW Shasta, NW Tehama, Central Trinity Counties, CA; Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, WA
skbun

City polygon layer has updated (NA)

Postby fvwazing » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:40 pm

@skbun: different zoomlevels of the livemap are generated at different times with different data, which is kind of fun if you think of it. The routes that are planned in the livemap use the same/newest dataset as the client does.

To force an update for a citysmear it may be an idea to draw a railroad where the smear shows. After the next mapupdate the railroad can be removed et voila - smear disappear.
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1
fvwazing
Country Manager
Country Manager

Previous

Return to Waze Map Editor