Editing Etiquette

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Editing Etiquette

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:10 pm

That depends on what's being deleted, sometimes. If I find one parking lot all strung out on massive doses of everyaisle, but no other evidence of that editor doing the same all around, I'll think it a 1-off. However, if I find several instances, or lots of red roads, I will compose a PM.

In general, though, yes, a direct contact would be appropriate etiquette. I look forward to being able to do this within the editor and not via PM in the forums.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Editing Etiquette

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:06 pm

PalmettoC wrote:I hope they do add the communication functionality to the system. In the old map editor you could see who had submitted the report, so that made it much easier to handle reports and communications. I miss that

The new privacy policy which goes into effect on Dec 20 is going to help with this I believe, too. It's not just a technical issue.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Editing Etiquette

Postby CBenson » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:34 pm

Are there any guidelines for editing etiquette?
A current peeve of mine is the deletion of other peoples work without any communication. Even if the edits are wrong, it seems to me that basic etiquette would require that you attempt to contact someone before deleting their work. Deletion is a particular problem because there may no way for the other editor to know who made the deletions.
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to Waze Map Editor