I have to agree that joe01romano is absolutely abusing the lock feature and is making life miserable for Montreal-region Wazers.
I have written to him and he responds once in a while. The last time he wrote me back was Dec. 5 and he wrote:
I''ll be unlocking it later, I am in the middle of answering over 50 emails of checking people's edits on Google map. If nth tonight for sure first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks for being virile. That's what happens when you burning the candle on both ends between wake and Google maps.
He never unlocked what I was asking for.
Here is a small sample of the damage he is doing. Trust me, there is LOTS more. https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... 1,60622113
- Cars are allowed to turn left from Dandurand onto Dupuis. He locked as not allowed. The issue with the other road, Rue Robert, is that he left a stray comma in the name of the road.https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... s=60599682
- misspelled the name of the city, which is La Prairie.https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... s=60579519
- needs city namehttps://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... 8,60636969
- should be Saint-Andréhttps://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... 6,69811549
- should be Liègehttps://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... 4,60649436
- Saint-Eugènehttps://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lat ... s=55889456
- this error report can't be fixedhttps://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=2&lat ... TTTTTTTTFT
- incorrect city names are locked, as has been that user report for a week
Also, he went into the map and re-added city names for Saint-Timothée and Melocheville, which have not existed since 2002 (they are now part of Salaberry-de-Valleyfield and Beauharnois, respectively).
I've written twice to customer support but they have done nothing about this. Now with Autoroute 30 opening, we can't attach highway ramps to local roads because they are locked.
There used to be personalized images here....