TX Landmark deletes

Moderators: MapSir, sketch, karlcr9911

TX Landmark deletes

Postby d_a_price » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:16 am

I don't know if this is part of the same incident, but I've noticed a few major and minor landmarks gone in TX:

University of Texas (IIRC this was divided into several smaller landmarks for different areas of campus): https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-97.73 ... TTTFTTTTFT

Park landmark: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... TTTFTTTTFT

Baylor University: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... TTTFTTTTFT
d_a_price
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2

Re: TX Landmark deletes

Postby AndyPoms » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:48 am

andrewfatcat wrote:
bscharff wrote:Again, arguing with a Waze Champ... :/

Why can't I? This is a free country.

Hey, I'm not complaining...
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bscharff » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:16 am

Again, arguing with a Waze Champ... :/
bscharff

Postby AndyPoms » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:50 pm

andrewfatcat wrote:P.S. Landmarks can overlapped each other so one can still add individual buildings even the whole campus is marked already.
Yes, they can overlap, BUT there is no distinction between them in the client, just extra names floating in one giant light blue blob, which is why it is not recommended. There is also the difficulty of editing these overlapping landmarks, sometimes smaller ones gets buried below larger ones in WME and can't be selected without moving the larger one out of the way.
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bscharff » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:58 am

Biggiejohn wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:
bscharff wrote:1) I know the 30 has nothing to do with it, they just crack me up when I see them on major highways with speed limits of 70, in a city that does not allow usage of Speed Cameras.
Personally, I enjoy the red light cameras posted on the Interstate Highways (which don't have any traffic lights on them & in a State that doesn't allow any type photo enforcement).

there are very few legitimate red light cameras in my area and I have double and triple checked all the "approved" ones with the lists published by the county/city police.
Whenever I ever see new ones show up on the maps, I just delete them, free edit points.

I wish Dallas were that predictable!!!
bscharff

Postby Biggiejohn » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:42 am

AndyPoms wrote:
bscharff wrote:1) I know the 30 has nothing to do with it, they just crack me up when I see them on major highways with speed limits of 70, in a city that does not allow usage of Speed Cameras.
Personally, I enjoy the red light cameras posted on the Interstate Highways (which don't have any traffic lights on them & in a State that doesn't allow any type photo enforcement).

there are very few legitimate red light cameras in my area and I have double and triple checked all the "approved" ones with the lists published by the county/city police.
Whenever I ever see new ones show up on the maps, I just delete them, free edit points.
Biggiejohn

Postby AndyPoms » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:26 pm

AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bscharff » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:17 pm

1) I know the 30 has nothing to do with it, they just crack me up when I see them on major highways with speed limits of 70, in a city that does not allow usage of Speed Cameras.
2) I'm not referring to alerting them in the client, I'm referring to alerting them similar to a UR.
3) Thanks, I'm going over that! :)
bscharff

Postby AndyPoms » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:15 pm

bscharff wrote:I had typed up a long response to this, but the forum is stupid and logged me out after 3 minutes
Yea, the forum log-in has been doing some odd things for me today too... I've had to login at least 5 different times today - more than in the past 6 months combined...
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby WeeeZer14 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:08 pm

bscharff wrote:As for cameras, I delete the unapproved ones that are in places that make no sense... because I-35 obviously has a speed camera set to 30 mph. What really peeves me about this is that no alerts are generated for reported speed cameras... not even after 20+ users report it; yes, I've seen a lane of an intersection with over 20 reported speed cameras.

1.) You know the 30 in the speed camera icon does NOT have anything to do with the speed limit for the camera, right?
2.) One million people can report cameras at an intersection. But an editor needs to approve the camera before it shows up in the client. If it is approved and not alerting, check that it is pointing in the right direction and with the right angle.
3.) Everything you wanted to know (probably) about cameras.
WeeeZer14

Next

Return to Texas