Changes to Editor - New Automatic Detected Problem

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Changes to Editor - New Automatic Detected Problem

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:43 pm

bgodette wrote:There's still the uncertainty of whether the node transit time is learned only if the transit happens. If the turn is never taken during the difficult high-traffic times, it may never collect the data needed as what happens when it doesn't have data for that ToD slot but it does for other times of the day?

This is something we should bring up at the next meet if it isn't answered clearly enough before then.

I agree that if no one takes it, it can't get the data, which is why I often recommend taking that obnoxious route a few times and let Waze gather the data.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby outtolunch » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:18 pm

[quote="shawndoc"]They didn't start showing up for me until I cleared my cache.[/quote]

How do you clear the cache? I was working on an area with quite a few problems, but they just disappeared when I fixed one of them.
outtolunch

Changes to Editor - New Automatic Detected Problem

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:40 pm

outtolunch wrote:How do you clear the cache? I was working on an area with quite a few problems, but they just disappeared when I fixed one of them.

This is clearing your browser cache. It's a function in settings or prefs or tools, depending on your browser.

iOS and Tapatalk have conspired to screw up this post.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby outtolunch » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:58 pm

Thanks. That got a couple to show back up. Someone else must have fixed the others.
outtolunch

Postby kentsmith9 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:32 pm

How about this one? It came up as "Most users did not follow the suggested route"
The roads being proposed as the route are dead ends. They are unnamed and have no city, so there is no address for which to navigate. I did notice they are all recently edited by staff in the last week and these would classically be Portola Valley roads, so maybe there is some connection between them causing this as a false route problem.
Attachments
AutoWrongRouteReport.png
AutoWrongRouteReport.png (969.67 KiB) Viewed 224 times
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Spil » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:38 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:How about this one? It came up as "Most users did not follow the suggested route"
The roads being proposed as the route are dead ends. They are unnamed and have no city, so there is no address for which to navigate. I did notice they are all recently edited by staff in the last week and these would classically be Portola Valley roads, so maybe there is some connection between them causing this as a false route problem.

I've seen a lot of this in rural areas of WNY, but the dead-end roads they send people down & back are (for the most part) properly named. I just check to make sure that the straight-through is enabled (it wasn't, on one of them), and then I mark it Solved and move on.
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
Spil

Postby AndyPoms » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:45 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:How about this one? It came up as "Most users did not follow the suggested route"

That type started several months ago & is discussed in several places in the forum... It works better in urban areas than rural ones...

Several things to note about that type of MP
1) The initial run used very old data, so many of them had been solved before they started showing up on the map
2) A lot of the ones on dead ends are actually Waze turning the user around and sending them back where they came, the tracks are perfectly overlapped, so you can't see the one of the paths.
3) Check both routes (and continue on the one the users took for a while) for screwy turn restrictions/soft turns/one-way roads that should be the other way/one-way roads that should be two-way or vice versa

If you can't find anything, mark it solved & move on, unless you want to attract IGN..
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:49 pm

Here is another with a similar config. Both this one and my last post had no problem on the straight through route. The route proposed is a single dead end street with no city or road name. It was edited by Staff on January 1 this year. Not the road next to it is untouched and still shows Portola Valley. Note sure why the script did not fix that road as well.
Attachments
AutoWrongRouteReport2.png
AutoWrongRouteReport2.png (1.42 MiB) Viewed 219 times
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Mike-1323 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:05 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:Here is another with a similar config. Both this one and my last post had no problem on the straight through route. The route proposed is a single dead end street with no city or road name. It was edited by Staff on January 1 this year. Not the road next to it is untouched and still shows Portola Valley. Note sure why the script did not fix that road as well.

This routing down dead end streets has me wondering if the terminal junction on the segment is corrupt or has some connectivity issues. I've noticed that sometimes the JNF script will actually 'fix' the terminal node on a dead end even though the highlights scrip doesn't indicate anything's wrong. I think a self connected terminal node may cause, or at least allow, this type of route to come out of the server.
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby kentsmith9 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:06 pm

I guess I started my last post before Andy entered his. I will review those strategies and gkeep the IGN out. ;)
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor