Changes to Editor - New Automatic Detected Problem

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Changes to Editor - New Automatic Detected Problem

Postby HandofMadness » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:40 pm

CBenson wrote:
shawndoc wrote:Nah, its just that dead end segments are the only place Waze officially supports U-Turns. So if Waze wants the user to go back the other direction, and there's no "around the block" routes it can give them, it sends them to the closest dead end to turn around.

I don't believe that this is true. First, its not like waze gives a U-turn instruction on dead end segments. Second, there are plenty of time that waze does not send me to the closest dead end to turn around, but rather passes up several dead end roads to turn around on another.

I've never had it happen to me, but I've seen many UR's where it shows more of the route, and it has the user turn into a dead end, turn around at the end, and head back out going back the way they came.
CM: Thailand CM: USA
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby ArlenBystander » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:37 am

sockslabs wrote:The following sequence seems to unwedge the save button:

• Click on the report.
  • Hit Solved.
  • Hit Close.
  • Click on the report again.
  • Hit Not identified, and the save button wakes up.

My trick was to click Solved then change one other item (change a turn, move a segment, etc.). This would enable the save and undo buttons (number of changes would be off by one). I would then undo the last change (now the number of changes is correct) and then save.
CM: USA / AM: Chicago & suburbs / WME βeta Tester
Resources: Map Editing | Best Practices | Road types/USA | Illinois Mapping | IL Functional Class Map
ArlenBystander
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby kodi75 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:22 pm

With this new batch of automatic Waze reports, I (and others) have experienced problems getting the reports to even show up. Any tricks / workarounds? My cache is set to clear every time I close the browser ...

Waze's servers are probably just overloaded - hopefully lesson learned for next time they run the script.
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby CBenson » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:34 pm

It would be helpful if any reports regarding the problems not showing (or any reports that they are showing correctly) be posted in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37502&start=20
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.3.0.2
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to Waze Map Editor