Editor Version Dec 19th Official Feedback Thread

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

User ignored Waze's route URs - thank you!!

Postby skbun » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:19 am

By the way, I just want to take a moment to say to Waze - although there are always things that can improve, the new 'ignored route' UR is a huge plus!

In all of the URs I've looked over, I've almost always found something that makes me say 'Oh, man. Yep. That's just wrong, and that's why the route did that.' The automated UR is finding things that in an ideal world, a user would report, but they don't always.

So, thank you, Waze! :D :!:
skbun

Re: User ignored Waze's route URs - thank you!!

Postby khaytsus » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:12 pm

skbun wrote:By the way, I just want to take a moment to say to Waze - although there are always things that can improve, the new 'ignored route' UR is a huge plus!

In all of the URs I've looked over, I've almost always found something that makes me say 'Oh, man. Yep. That's just wrong, and that's why the route did that.' The automated UR is finding things that in an ideal world, a user would report, but they don't always.

So, thank you, Waze! :D :!:

I completely concur, I found 11 solid problems of 15 of these I found and closed yesterday. Things like incorrect turn restrictions (often due to a small median in the road), one road that went too far and junctioned with another when it really didn't, a few parking lots marked as Street, things like that.

I think it's a really good tool, I hope to see more of them but I imagine it "queues" them until it reaches a threshold of N users ignored a route etc.. I wonder if the same user gets the same bum route every day, after N days does it report it as this type? We'll see I guess.
khaytsus

Re: Re: New Editor Version Dec 19th

Postby CBenson » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:59 pm

Timbones wrote:If you've been entering mph in the US, then they'll appear wrong in the editor. Unless they've done something different on NA?

I never understood what to enter for speeds for cameras. However, they all seem to have an edit date in the last few days (including one that says last edited by me today which I haven't touched in a while). Many have oddly low numbers now. I suspect that the speed camera numbers have all been lowered by a factor of 0.62 in the US as well.

Here is the one that says that I updated it today. The max speed is listed as 35. I'm fairly certain it used to be 56.
Here is one with an update date of today and a max speed of 28 where I'm fairly certain the posted speed limit is 45 mph.
Just to the north, is one with an update date of Dec. 17 and max speed of 25 (the speed limit might be 40 mph there, but I'm reasonably certain it is not 25 mph).
Here is one with an update date of yesterday and an unreasonalbly low max speed number of 19.
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Re: New Editor Version Dec 19th

Postby Timbones » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:33 pm

bgodette wrote:It's unitless. The only thing that's changed is the text while editing the camera is now mph instead of kph for the UK and US.

Edit: I type too slow.

Not quite. The editor *is* converting the values from km/h to mph when displaying them in the editor. A 40 mph camera is recorded as 65 km/h in the model.

The client still treats them as unitless for the purposes of camera alerts (I'm guessing), so "65" triggers at 65 mph or 65 km/h, depending on your units. Client should be making the appropriate calculation. Either Waze misunderstood this when we explained this, or they have a client beta due out soon...

In the UK, we've stuck to entering km/h before now. Now they look correct in the editor, but won't trigger at the correct speed.

If you've been entering mph in the US, then they'll appear wrong in the editor. Unless they've done something different on NA?

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Re: Re: Editor Version Dec 19th Official Feedback Thread

Postby vectorspace » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:13 pm

mssusa wrote:
vectorspace wrote:I have started having this problem and it has come and gone. The road layer is offset the width of a node or so to the right from the areal. I thought it might have been my large display and the graphics card. Anyone know?

This is usually related to your browser zoom function. When it happens I usually find that my browser has somehow changed the zoom level. Make sure you reset the zoom to 100% and reload. ...

Wow, thanks mssusa! That was exactly it. I use Chrome, and the zoom level was offset. Zooming to 100 didn't work until reload, as you said. I appreciate it!
vectorspace

Postby mssusa » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:06 am

vectorspace wrote:
kodi75 wrote:(1) When clicking on any UR, as the map zooms to the location the roads layer is not in sync with the Bing Aerials. I attempt to remedy this by click on the Permalink link, reloading the page, but the layers are still out of sync. ...

I have started having this problem and it has come and gone. The road layer is offset the width of a node or so to the right from the areal. I thought it might have been my large display and the graphics card. Anyone know?

This is usually related to your browser zoom function. When it happens I usually find that my browser has somehow changed the zoom level. Make sure you reset the zoom to 100% and reload.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby khaytsus » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:57 am

enhket wrote:
Instigater wrote:This evening I noticed road name font is broken. Diacritic symbols of Latvian language are way too big and not in place.
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=3&l ... TTTFTTTTFT

streets got mustaches :lol:

That is exactly what I thought too :-D
khaytsus

Postby porubcan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:20 pm

Instigater wrote:This evening I noticed road name font is broken. Diacritic symbols of Latvian language are way too big and not in place.
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=3&l ... TTTFTTTTFT

+1 same in Slovakia and Czech Republic

if it looks strange, it's my phone's fault
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mssusa » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:26 am

olestas wrote:As I understood, red roads do not appear on map at all and are unusable.

uploadfromtaptalk1357121842342.jpg
(63.1 KiB) Downloaded 462 times

All these are unnamed and red in the editor. Some even have their cookies munched. And surprise surprise (this is new to me too) those that have their cookies munched have speed data too!

Maybe it is a country/server thing.

So, the only thing left is that they don't appear in the live map. Live map doesn't even update visually anymore. So, l'd rather they stay red until they are assigned correct names instead of encouraging lazy editors to select 'no name' and 'no city'.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby porubcan » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:52 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
porubcan wrote:This often happens during map update. Seems this was the case.

http://status.waze.com/na-map-tiles-wer ... -dec-21570

That was the case with the old infrastructure, but should not be the case now. It seems they're overloading the servers...

On INTL this is often the case even on new infrastructure. But at least we have updates often.

porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Next

Return to Waze Map Editor