Editor Version Dec 19th Official Feedback Thread

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Editor Version Dec 19th Official Feedback Thread

Postby Twister-UK » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:22 pm

Have the segment colours changed with the latest iteration of the editor (thinking about the recent change to the International editor, which has only just gone over to the new typeface etc. that the US editor has had for a while), because whilst doing some recent editing work on segments designated as "Major Highway", it looks as if the red used for this type of segment has darkened down a bit. It also looks as if the blue arrows used to denote one-way segments have become less clear in general (certainly look thinner, and possibly also a darker shade of blue too), so when combined with the apparently darker red segment background my colourblindness kicked in and made it damn near impossible to tell the difference between the one-way segments and the adjacent two-way ones...

I don't recall ever having this much difficulty in the past, and I haven't changed anything to do with the display setup on my PC, so it does seem as if it's the new editor that's to blame.
L4 AM for London/Thames Valley and Shetland Islands
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby jasonh300 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:02 pm

Twister_UK wrote:Have the segment colours changed with the latest iteration of the editor (thinking about the recent change to the International editor, which has only just gone over to the new typeface etc. that the US editor has had for a while), because whilst doing some recent editing work on segments designated as "Major Highway", it looks as if the red used for this type of segment has darkened down a bit.

I remember noticing a difference in the red used in the NA Cartouche and the NA WME. From the little that I've seen of the Intl WME, the font used to look the same as our font looked in Cartouche, and it's possible that your Major Highways had the Cartouche red that we no longer have here.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Twister-UK » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 pm

I've compared the current colours to some screengrabs of the older WME I found in the UK Editing wiki, and surprisingly not only are both the "Major Highway" red and "One-way Arrow" blue are identical, but the size/stroke width of the arrows is the same too...

Discovered a useful trick though - reducing the contrast between the segment colours and the background colour by simply switching on the aerial images layer significantly improves the perceived contrast between the red and blue segment colourings. Manually setting the background colour attribute of the WazeMap element in WME to black makes the segments really stand out nicely too - I might have to add that as an option to one of my scripts :idea:
L4 AM for London/Thames Valley and Shetland Islands
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: Re: Editor Version Dec 19th Official Feedback Thread

Postby khaytsus » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:57 am

enhket wrote:
Instigater wrote:This evening I noticed road name font is broken. Diacritic symbols of Latvian language are way too big and not in place.
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=3&l ... TTTFTTTTFT

streets got mustaches :lol:

That is exactly what I thought too :-D
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)
khaytsus

Postby mssusa » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:32 am

Font.png
Font.png (184.67 KiB) Viewed 580 times

That's how my mustache looks now. Before it was just squares, now it is squares plus some giant letters!
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby sk2380 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:51 pm

* We deployed a new limit to massive editing due to misusage of extended tools by some abusers.
This new limit doesn't block you from performing the massive edit (based on your permissions of course) but only 150 edits per save will be granted with points and calculated for ranks.

clarifications:
How do we count edits for points and editing-ranks (those you see in the dashboard)?
we count the number of objects that have been edited within one "Save".
An object can be count only once in 24 hours.

That means that a user who used ET to edit a city containing 1000 segments, then selected again the same city -and had saved again - will be credited for 150 edits only.

What's an object?
segment
node
landmark
camera
update request
map problem
city (create new)
street (create new)

Can somebody please explain me the calculations how the points,edits,bonus candies will be calculated as per the new rule.
thanks in advance!!
sk2380
CM India

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sk2380

Postby jasonh300 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:51 pm

sk2380 wrote:Can somebody please explain me the calculations how the points,edits,bonus candies will be calculated as per the new rule.
thanks in advance!!

Nothing has changed in the way that points are calculated. There's just a limit to the number of edits that will give points at one time. This shouldn't have any significant effect on the score of anyone who is editing properly.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sk2380 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:45 pm

jasonh300 wrote:
Nothing has changed in the way that points are calculated. There's just a limit to the number of edits that will give points at one time. This shouldn't have any significant effect on the score of anyone who is editing properly.

Thanks, could you please explain I am getting confused. :o it will be helpful if you could give me some example in terms of edit.

Thanks...
sk2380
CM India

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sk2380

Postby dmcconachie » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:12 am

All of the information is in the wiki, on the nanorep support system and the changes are within the post you quoted. If you're editing properly the changes will be irrelevant.
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ
OnePlus One • Android 6.0.1
UK WikiFB PageForum FAQCurrent status
dmcconachie

Postby HandofMadness » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:16 am

Another new "Waze Automatic" script creating User Reports, or at least a modification on the old one:

Waze Automatic: We suspect that this segment is associated with a different city than the one it is currently in. PLEASE don't leave it without street / city name

So far, all of the ones I have found
A) Did have the correct city
B) Were un-named
C) Were set to street type

And they should have been left unnamed, but probably should have been set to private road. 2 were roads inside a rock quarry, and the other was a road running through an apartment/condo complex.
CM: Thailand CM: USA
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor