Editor Version Dec 19th Official Feedback Thread

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Re: Editor Version Dec 19th Official Feedback Thread

Postby Kuhlkatz » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:14 am

AndyPoms wrote:When creating a landmark, the address is automatically populated, HOWEVER it is not saved when the landmark is saved even if you click edit & apply for the address. You have to save the landmark, which then appears with no address, THEN edit the address, then save again.

porubcan wrote:Hello Alan, guys,
after creating new landmark, default city+country is displayed until save. but after save and clicking on the landmark again it states no address instead of previously displayed values.
Before I only seen it reported on our forum, today I was able to reproduce it - this Gas Station.

It was mentioned before.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: Re: Editor Version Dec 19th Official Feedback Thread

Postby mssusa » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:12 pm

bgodette wrote:Not really bug, the level, speed, etc, aren't actually being changed and this has been covered many many times in this thread.

They said it is just a problem of data not loading completely and I should refresh, but I am seeing this with segments I've just created! Besides, what's to guarantee that it does not affect the database? There are very complex highway intersections that I hate to see damaged because of this.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: New Editor Version Dec 19th

Postby TonyG-UK » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:30 pm

bgodette wrote:
TonyG-UK wrote:
This raises a few questions, due to the way the client actually processes speed camera information.
  • In what unit is the information sent to the client?
  • Have you fixed the client to process these properly?
It's unitless. The only thing that's changed is the text while editing the camera is now mph instead of kph for the UK and US. That was a large part of the confusion about speed cameras. The client would alert by just comparing the unitless number vs the displayed speedometer (which is either kph or mph) also as a unitless number.

That's not really true, as the speed set on UK speed cameras has been converted as part of this process. The old value has been taken as km/h and converted to mph under the new editor version. However, the client always takes the value as the local unit. So, as Tim said above, all the speed cameras that were set correctly to work around this client bug now appear to have an incorrect speed in the editor.
TonyG-UK

Postby bgodette » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:08 pm

TonyG-UK wrote:
shirlig wrote:* UK and US now using imperial system in speed cams

This raises a few questions, due to the way the client actually processes speed camera information.
It's unitless. The only thing that's changed is the text while editing the camera is now mph instead of kph for the UK and US. That was a large part of the confusion about speed cameras. The client would alert by just comparing the unitless number vs the displayed speedometer (which is either kph or mph) also as a unitless number.

This if course is a bit of an issue for people crossing the border between the US and Canada or Mexico, or
UK<>France as the client doesn't automatically switch displayed units for the speedometer.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Timbones » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:52 pm

TonyG-UK wrote:This raises a few questions, due to the way the client actually processes speed camera information.

Good questions. It seems that the editor is still storing km/h in the model data, so we still need an appropriate fix in the client. Previously, Waze would only alert if the current speed (mph) is greater than the speed of the camera (km/h), which usually isn't. The client is missing the formula for converting km/h of the camera into whatever the local units the user has selected.

Any cameras which were previously set to have speeds in mph will appear to have the wrong speed, even if they trigger at the correct speed.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby TonyG-UK » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:03 pm

shirlig wrote:* UK and US now using imperial system in speed cams

TonyG-UK

Postby iainhouse » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:27 pm

There seems to be a bug related to cameras and mph vs kph.

In the centre of this permalink are 2 cameras with a speed limit of 40mph/64kph.

At zoom level 4, these cameras correctly show as 40mph in the details pane when selected. If I then zoom in twice (either by double-clicking on the map or using my scroll wheel or by using the zoom slider) and re-select the camera, it now shows as 64kph - still the correct value, but the wrong units. Hitting the permalink will correct the problem.

As best I can tell, this only happen when zooming in twice from zoom level 4, but I have not tested all combinations!
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby porubcan » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:10 pm

improved map problems and UR look

now purple and green routes are overlying more than before. not very happy about this change. regarding UR handling - we would really need possibility to communicate with UR originator. this was announced as "being worked on" long ago...
Default city in new landmarks based on location

It would be helpful if you run a script which will add default city to all existing landmarks (at least to those with currently no city).
New problem type: "suggested route frequently ignored": this new problem locates places where many users didn't follow Waze's instructions and therefore we assume that something's wrong there.

what if map is correct, but routing servers are offering strange routes, which are often ignored by users (currently users raise Update Requests in such cases). an example - Ori is aware of this one and is able to provide more details.
Last edited by porubcan on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Editor Version Dec 19th Official Feedback Thread

Postby fotrik » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:23 pm

New problems in INTL editor reported here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=40907
fotrik
Localizers
Localizers

Re: Editor Version Dec 19th Official Feedback Thread

Postby vectorspace » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:27 am

kodi75 wrote:(1) When clicking on any UR, as the map zooms to the location the roads layer is not in sync with the Bing Aerials. I attempt to remedy this by click on the Permalink link, reloading the page, but the layers are still out of sync. ...

I have started having this problem and it has come and gone. The road layer is offset the width of a node or so to the right from the areal. I thought it might have been my large display and the graphics card. Anyone know?
vectorspace

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor