Editor Version Dec 19th Official Feedback Thread

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Editor Version Dec 19th Official Feedback Thread

Postby edEskankus » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:08 pm

I'm finding the rendering of the roads (especially major ones) is now so thick I can barely see the bing maps behind them.

dbates • 6.0(10A403) • IP4
edEskankus

Postby dmcconachie » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:12 am

All of the information is in the wiki, on the nanorep support system and the changes are within the post you quoted. If you're editing properly the changes will be irrelevant.
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status
dmcconachie

Postby deadeyye » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:31 pm

Is Waze aware of following bugs in editor?
-not being able to edit segment which i have full right to edit, like editor don't see my permissions. After clicking some faraway segment and getting back, this sometimes fixes (and i can edit again), sometimes i have to reload editor, sometimes it keeps being broken and i can't edit for long time. The segment is not locked or edited by higher-level editor. This bug happens often, say 1 for every 20 times i edit sometimes.

-not being able to select country. After adding new segment country list is empty (it should be filled with "Poland"), not allowing to fill in address. This bug seems like waze don't download country list, and waiting doesn't help.

Both bugs happens randomly, sometimes zooming out and in helps, sometimes reloading editor helps, sometimes bug is there even after reloading. Looking in local Polish subforum, many other editors have encounter those bugs too. I'm using Chrome and edit Katowice area, but editors from different areas also had those bugs.
deadeyye

Postby CrackedLCD » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:47 am

mssusa wrote:Then you'll be in a situation where all the red has turned into white which, IMHO, is worse because you can't easily distinguish genuinely unnamed roads and careless/incomplete edits. Am I missing something? It is true that red roads do not collect data, but you can still route to and through them in the client and live map.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

They'll show up yellow with the highlight script. It's sorta the same issue I have with new editors who aren't properly terminating cul-de-sacs and dead ends. They're almost impossible to find and fix without WME Colour Highlights, which turns them lime green.
~CrackedLCD
AM for Baldwin-Mobile Cos., AL // Grenada-LeFlore-Carroll Cos., MS // Escambia-Santa Rosa Cos., FL // CM for the USA

Moto Droid Turbo (Android 5.1) on Verizon Wireless
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby CrackedLCD » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:03 pm

That 'sticky node' issue drives me crazy. It always happens at the most inconvenient of times! I think it's triggered when the nodes are unusually close to the A and B circles. Sometimes if I'm zoomed out a bit the nodes will almost totally be inside the A or B endpoint circles. Or it can be a very short segment and the A & B end points are close together and there's a node between them, too.

If you're patient and careful you can catch it in action by watching the cursor like iainhouse said, and shaking it loose. I usually wind up getting in a rhythm and accidentally dragging one anyway, and if it's a short enough segment, I just hit escape to drop the node, go back and highlight it, and just delete the node. More often than not, it wasn't needed anyway.
~CrackedLCD
AM for Baldwin-Mobile Cos., AL // Grenada-LeFlore-Carroll Cos., MS // Escambia-Santa Rosa Cos., FL // CM for the USA

CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby CrackedLCD » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:33 pm

jwkilgore wrote:As for the road-redraw thing... previously we lost all road graphics on zoom. Roads were gone from view until new data was downloaded and rendered. Now we're keeping the old road data until after the new data is rendered, but this results in a highly pixelated and seemingly enlarged view of the roads which obscures the satellite image. Personally, I'd rather have the old way.

I liked the old way better as well, but I've noticed that the actual road geometry renders faster than the redrawing of the road graphics (and sometimes the Bing graphics) and I can edit those segments by following the blown up and pixelated versions. I've even managed to fix some intersections and save the changes before the roads redraw. The ability to edit seems to open up a lot faster than it takes the roads to redraw at the proper zoom level, if that makes sense.
~CrackedLCD

CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby CrackedLCD » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:59 pm

Right now my only issue is speed. Zooming in and out has gotten slow as molasses, with the road imagery loading incredibly slowly or not at all in some cases.
~CrackedLCD

CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby cherianchris » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:37 pm

Has anyone noticed a change in the font of the city names? Also, the spray paint effect seems to have vanished.

Chris -> MB526 -> Tapatalk 2
“It is not power that corrupts but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it and fear of the scourge of power corrupts those who are subject to it.” Image Image
cherianchris
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby cdombroski » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:58 pm

McCracken808 wrote:
shawndoc wrote:Usability Problem

This new version of the editor includes a new system generated problem report, which advises you when users are ignoring directions given to them by Waze.

The problem is the pin is placed directly on the junction, making it impossible to actually click on the junction. Even zoomed all the way in, I can't select the junction because the pin is in the way.

I have to mark the pin solved, save, reload the editor, and only then can I select the junction and make necessary changes. (Many of these junctions have the turns set correctly, but need to be QW'd and reset.)

Turn off Problems layer.

I had the same complaint, thanks for the idea. (Wish I had thought of it back when I first started encountering this problem with pins on top of junctions)
cdombroski

Postby CBenson » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:45 am

I'm getting worried about the old data used to generate the new problems. Here is a newly generated MP where user didn't take the suggested route. The problem is that if I recall correctly I edited the roads in response to a previously generated similar map problem. Now the MP has reappeared apparently based on the same old data.
Comeback.jpg
Comeback.jpg (158.67 KiB) Viewed 518 times
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902
CBenson

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor