Editor Version Dec 19th Official Feedback Thread

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Editor Version Dec 19th Official Feedback Thread

Postby shawndoc » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:29 pm

Well, apparently this is their back-end solution:
portollavalley.gif
portollavalley.gif (108.2 KiB) Viewed 233 times

I started scrolling further away from major developed areas, and this is what I got. This is going to take FOREVER to clear, and since they are UR's, its going to be tough to find actual User Requests mixed in with all the auto-URs.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=0&lat ... FTTFTTTTFT
California, USA - OC/LA/SB/Riverside L5 Country Editor
shawndoc
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby shawndoc » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:16 am

Another new "Waze Automatic" script creating User Reports, or at least a modification on the old one:

Waze Automatic: We suspect that this segment is associated with a different city than the one it is currently in. PLEASE don't leave it without street / city name

So far, all of the ones I have found
A) Did have the correct city
B) Were un-named
C) Were set to street type

And they should have been left unnamed, but probably should have been set to private road. 2 were roads inside a rock quarry, and the other was a road running through an apartment/condo complex.
shawndoc
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby shawndoc » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:43 am

Just an update, I went back to two of them and turned the city layer on. It looks like there's either a smudge, or just the way Waze handles city borders, doesn't like the curvy twisty borders that sometimes crop up where multiple cities merge together.

I'll need to poke around later, as well as try to figure out what the official border lines are.

If anyone has a resource for finding the exact city borders in California cities, I'd appreciate it. (Real borders, not mailing address/zip code borders, which often don't match the actual city limits)
Update: Here's a city zoning map from one of the cities, to give you an idea of how messy things are in this area.
https://www.cityofindustry.org/pdf/zoningmap.pdf
shawndoc
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby shawndoc » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:56 am

skbun wrote:Does this mean some or most of the PV smudge is supposed to be gone? I've got some up in Trinity county and near Mendocino, still. Maybe the script is still running?

I spent an hour today manually cleaning up PV segments in the SoCal desert today. So no, they haven't gone anywhere.
shawndoc
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby shawndoc » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:21 am

No, I'll have to give that a shot. Would have made things easier.
shawndoc
Beta tester
Beta tester

Editor Version Dec 19th Official Feedback Thread

Postby shirlig » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:52 pm

Hi guys,

We released today a new version of the Editor:

What's new?

* New problem type: "suggested route frequently ignored": this new problem locates places where many users didn't follow Waze's instructions and therefore we assume that something's wrong there.
When selecting this problem - you'll notice a purple line representing Waze's suggested route and green lines representing the routes selected by the users + a number of users who selected this route.
* improved map problems and UR look
* UK and US now using imperial system in speed cams and archived routes
* Default city in new landmarks based on location
* Roundabout radius is limited to 100 meters.
* We deployed a new limit to massive editing due to misusage of extended tools by some abusers.
This new limit doesn't block you from performing the massive edit (based on your permissions of course) but only 150 edits per save will be granted with points and calculated for ranks.

clarifications:
How do we count edits for points and editing-ranks (those you see in the dashboard)?
we count the number of objects that have been edited within one "Save".
An object can be count only once in 24 hours.

That means that a user who used ET to edit a city containing 1000 segments, then selected again the same city -and had saved again - will be credited for 150 edits only.

What's an object?
segment
node
landmark
camera
update request
map problem
city (create new)
street (create new)

Please feel free to share your feedback here!

Thanks,

Shirli
Last edited by shirlig on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Changed thread title and stickied
shirlig
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby simonhowes » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:37 pm

shawndoc wrote:The problem is the pin is placed directly on the junction, making it impossible to actually click on the junction. Even zoomed all the way in, I can't select the junction because the pin is in the way.

+1.

I experience the same.

shirlig wrote:* Roundabout radius is limited to 100 meters.

It is spelt 'metres'. A meter is something that is used to measure something, for example and electric meter or a gas meter.
AM for West Midlands (UK)
http://audioguy.co.uk/
simonhowes

Postby sk2380 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:51 pm

* We deployed a new limit to massive editing due to misusage of extended tools by some abusers.
This new limit doesn't block you from performing the massive edit (based on your permissions of course) but only 150 edits per save will be granted with points and calculated for ranks.

clarifications:
How do we count edits for points and editing-ranks (those you see in the dashboard)?
we count the number of objects that have been edited within one "Save".
An object can be count only once in 24 hours.

That means that a user who used ET to edit a city containing 1000 segments, then selected again the same city -and had saved again - will be credited for 150 edits only.

What's an object?
segment
node
landmark
camera
update request
map problem
city (create new)
street (create new)

Can somebody please explain me the calculations how the points,edits,bonus candies will be calculated as per the new rule.
thanks in advance!!
Image Image
CM FOR Image
Social Media Expert-iPhone Expert-Translator(Hindi)
iphone 5 iOS 6.1.2 Waze : 3.6
sk2380

Postby sk2380 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:45 pm

jasonh300 wrote:
Nothing has changed in the way that points are calculated. There's just a limit to the number of edits that will give points at one time. This shouldn't have any significant effect on the score of anyone who is editing properly.

Thanks, could you please explain I am getting confused. :o it will be helpful if you could give me some example in terms of edit.

Thanks...
Image Image
CM FOR Image
Social Media Expert-iPhone Expert-Translator(Hindi)
iphone 5 iOS 6.1.2 Waze : 3.6
sk2380

Postby skbun » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:39 pm

For the 'Most ignore this route' UR...

Can you make it work the same way that 'Turn not allowed' and other URs do, where there is a user selectable checkbox for 'Ignored suggest route' and 'Route most users took' - if not that, at LEAST a color legend for it (in that gray menubar location) so that someone not familiar with this kind of UR will understand what they're looking at?

E.g., capture this essense into it. 'When selecting this problem - you'll notice a purple line representing Waze's suggested route and green lines representing the routes selected by the users + a number of users who selected this route.' Basically, what Webs101 said above.

AM in SW Shasta, NW Tehama, Central Trinity Counties, CA; Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, WA
skbun
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor