Editor Version Dec 19th Official Feedback Thread

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Editor Version Dec 19th Official Feedback Thread

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:05 pm

jasonh300 wrote:I keep getting images that look like someone spray painted the roads on. Any redrawing after a major zoom in or zoom out takes forever and often requires a reload just to get things to load.

Yes, I get that too, but not nearly as much as the road layer problems.

Part of me wants to blame Waze, but since they are just supposed to pass the virtualearth URL for the sat images, I wonder why this isn't working now. You'd think that would be a network or virtualearth issue, but the coincidence with the editor release is too strong.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Timbones » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:03 pm

We've seen the zoom 'feature' before, in an earlier beta. It was much better then.

WAZE: Please implement caching of road tiles and compression of other requests (such as Features). I wrote a detailed technical post on how to do this 9 months ago.

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby AndyPoms » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:51 pm

jasonh300 wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The new method of zooming in and leaving the nasty pixelated version of the previous viewport is very distracting. The images sometimes stay onscreen like this between 3-10 seconds, which is way too long. It's as if WME code changed as well as caching algorithms as the road layer image loading is very poor now. Before the Dec 19 release, this type of image was almost never seen. Now, it's every zoom. And, this was never tested in beta. Please stop releasing untested code.

I keep getting images that look like someone spray painted the roads on. Any redrawing after a major zoom in or zoom out takes forever and often requires a reload just to get things to load.
I haven't had to reload, but am experiencing the same "spray paint" effect, and not smooth zooming.
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby PalmettoC » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:50 pm

Yes editing has been horrible because of the loading issues. I have had to hard refresh my window sometimes to get is to continue on, otherwise the roads don't even show up after several minutes. :x
PalmettoC

Postby jasonh300 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:39 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The new method of zooming in and leaving the nasty pixelated version of the previous viewport is very distracting. The images sometimes stay onscreen like this between 3-10 seconds, which is way too long. It's as if WME code changed as well as caching algorithms as the road layer image loading is very poor now. Before the Dec 19 release, this type of image was almost never seen. Now, it's every zoom. And, this was never tested in beta. Please stop releasing untested code.

I keep getting images that look like someone spray painted the roads on. Any redrawing after a major zoom in or zoom out takes forever and often requires a reload just to get things to load.

On Zoom Out
zoomout.jpg
(10.27 KiB) Downloaded 334 times

30 seconds later
30 seconds later.jpg
(56.07 KiB) Downloaded 334 times

Spray paint effect on zoom in.
spraypaint.jpg
(52.49 KiB) Downloaded 334 times

ETA: Several minutes later...it just gave up on that one Bing tile.
several minutes later.jpg
(109.48 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
jasonh300

Postby WeeeZer14 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:35 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Please stop releasing untested code.

+100,000
WeeeZer14

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:24 pm

The new method of zooming in and leaving the nasty pixelated version of the previous viewport is very distracting. The images sometimes stay onscreen like this between 3-10 seconds, which is way too long. It's as if WME code changed as well as caching algorithms as the road layer image loading is very poor now. Before the Dec 19 release, this type of image was almost never seen. Now, it's every zoom. And, this was never tested in beta. Please stop releasing untested code.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:50 pm

MiltH wrote:They've really screwed up something now. Going to the editor starts with a page with nothing but this:

Did you clear your browser cache?
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby MiltH » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:28 pm

They've really screwed up something now. Going to the editor starts with a page with nothing but this:

[ img ]

The next screen has your login and password openly readable in the URL.

Not very secure.
MiltH

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:25 pm

bgodette might be able to answer in more detail about how objects are affected by turn restriction changes. My understanding is that a single turn restriction change updates both the parent segment and the junction which "connects" them. However, changing another turn restriction on another connected segment will no longer count as another edit for the junction, because that object was already modified. An edit constitutes all changes to an object. Changing geometry, updating name and changing turn restrictions for a segment all count as a single edit. It's been that way for quite some time.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor