Editor Version Dec 19th Official Feedback Thread

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Editor Version Dec 19th Official Feedback Thread

Postby bgodette » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:15 pm

Apparently it's not possible to edit Alternate street names unless a non-empty Primary street is set. This presents a minor issue when trying to clear smudges caused by alternate street names. The workaround is to set a primary name (use a nearby street so you don't create a new street object), apply, edit again to remove the alternate(s), and clear the primary name again.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bgodette » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:04 pm

shawndoc wrote:Just an update, I went back to two of them and turned the city layer on. It looks like there's either a smudge, or just the way Waze handles city borders, doesn't like the curvy twisty borders that sometimes crop up where multiple cities merge together.

I'll need to poke around later, as well as try to figure out what the official border lines are.

If anyone has a resource for finding the exact city borders in California cities, I'd appreciate it. (Real borders, not mailing address/zip code borders, which often don't match the actual city limits)
Update: Here's a city zoning map from one of the cities, to give you an idea of how messy things are in this area.
https://www.cityofindustry.org/pdf/zoningmap.pdf
Try MapQuest.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bgodette » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:29 am

wpegues wrote:Another thing that I have noticed with this editor is that when using "SELECT ENTIRE STREET" (especially useful when many segments of the street is the wrong type, has the wrong state label or is listed as 1-way when not) after making the corrections and then saving the LEVEL has a very high chance of having changed all on its own.
Not really bug, the level, speed, etc, aren't actually being changed and this has been covered many many times in this thread.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: New Editor Version Dec 19th

Postby bgodette » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:08 pm

TonyG-UK wrote:
shirlig wrote:* UK and US now using imperial system in speed cams

This raises a few questions, due to the way the client actually processes speed camera information.
  • In what unit is the information sent to the client?
  • Have you fixed the client to process these properly?
It's unitless. The only thing that's changed is the text while editing the camera is now mph instead of kph for the UK and US. That was a large part of the confusion about speed cameras. The client would alert by just comparing the unitless number vs the displayed speedometer (which is either kph or mph) also as a unitless number.

This if course is a bit of an issue for people crossing the border between the US and Canada or Mexico, or
UK<>France as the client doesn't automatically switch displayed units for the speedometer.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby ArlenBystander » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:55 am

I spent a bit of time earlier today going through the automated route deviation errors in my editable area. Most of them were errors that had already been fixed (routing onto alleys that were probably set as Service Road instead of Parking Lot or incorrect 1-way/2-way roads). I did, however come across more than one that needed to be fixed so can see this being useful once the reports from old data are cleared.
CM: USA / AM: Chicago & suburbs / WME βeta Tester
Resources: Map Editing | Best Practices | Road types/USA | Illinois Mapping | IL Functional Class Map
ArlenBystander
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby anonymous0816 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:37 am

How many users have to ignore a recommended route to bring up this new "UR"? Yesterday I for example saw 6 users causing this UR.
Sometimes I set my starting point as destination to listen to the voice-prompts to report some map issues which I wouldn't have gotten aware of routing to my real destination. Especially a lot of turn restrictions and one ways were discoverd.
This way of seeing more potential map failures is surely influencing the "ignored route URs".
Should change my behaviour - it's a pitty from map quality's point of view?!
anonymous0816

Postby AndyPoms » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:34 pm

runningbandit wrote:I am unable to edit at all... I can go to add items, or edit, but once i am in there is no properties menu on the left. It does not allow save either. all i can do is hit "esc"
What browser are you using? (Chrome is preferred, FireFox works, & IE is NOT supported, but seems to work with the Chrome Frame installed)

If that doesn't help, what country are you located in?
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AndyPoms » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:24 pm

I've found that if you grab the sticky node again & move it it becomes a regular geometry node, which you can then undo & it ends up back in the correct spot.
USA Country Manager
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AndyPoms » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:40 pm

BUG:

Can't exit Alt Names when the "No Street" checkbox is marked. The alt names don't appear when the edit button is clicked, but do when just in display mode.
USA Country Manager
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AndyPoms » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:21 pm

AndyPoms wrote:When creating a landmark, the address is automatically populated, HOWEVER it is not saved when the landmark is saved even if you click edit & apply for the address. You have to save the landmark, which then appears with no address, THEN edit the address, then save again.

OK, I spoke too soon, sometimes the address field doesn't populate AT ALL (Country & State blank with no options in the dropdowns). A refresh is required.
USA Country Manager
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor