Editor Version Dec 19th Official Feedback Thread

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Editor Version Dec 19th Official Feedback Thread

Postby bgodette » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:04 pm

shawndoc wrote:Just an update, I went back to two of them and turned the city layer on. It looks like there's either a smudge, or just the way Waze handles city borders, doesn't like the curvy twisty borders that sometimes crop up where multiple cities merge together.

I'll need to poke around later, as well as try to figure out what the official border lines are.

If anyone has a resource for finding the exact city borders in California cities, I'd appreciate it. (Real borders, not mailing address/zip code borders, which often don't match the actual city limits)
Update: Here's a city zoning map from one of the cities, to give you an idea of how messy things are in this area.
https://www.cityofindustry.org/pdf/zoningmap.pdf
Try MapQuest.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bgodette » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:15 pm

Apparently it's not possible to edit Alternate street names unless a non-empty Primary street is set. This presents a minor issue when trying to clear smudges caused by alternate street names. The workaround is to set a primary name (use a nearby street so you don't create a new street object), apply, edit again to remove the alternate(s), and clear the primary name again.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bz2012 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:07 am

Can't you add another Alternate name that IS correct and then delete the one that is wrong?
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby bgodette » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:11 am

bz2012 wrote:Can't you add another Alternate name that IS correct and then delete the one that is wrong?
Only after added a primary Street is applied. It's a WME UI prohibition.

In addition alternates don't show state or country information even tho that is part of the City (object) the Street (object) references. So smudges across states and/or countries can exist in the alternates and it's not directly visible as such in WME.

Updating WMECH include that info for the alternate list should be straight forward and I'll be doing so to my own fork this weekend.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:53 pm

bgodette wrote:
bz2012 wrote:Can't you add another Alternate name that IS correct and then delete the one that is wrong?
Only after added a primary Street is applied. It's a WME UI prohibition.

In addition alternates don't show state or country information even tho that is part of the City (object) the Street (object) references. So smudges across states and/or countries can exist in the alternates and it's not directly visible as such in WME.

Updating WMECH include that info for the alternate list should be straight forward and I'll be doing so to my own fork this weekend.

It appears that WME will pull the correct CItyID from the primary segment even if other same-name-incorrect-cityid exists in the current location.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.1 | Waze v4.4.9904
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bgodette » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:50 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:It appears that WME will pull the correct CItyID from the primary segment even if other same-name-incorrect-cityid exists in the current location.
Except when it isn't.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... s=62639276
The alternate Street is "Main St" in "Westlake, Other, United States". The primaryStreetID is "Main St" in "Westlake, Ohio, United States". A bunch of this stuff is likely leftover damage from Cartouche, but the problem is, is if there was *no* primaryStreetID, the alternates are uneditable in WME until one is added. Fortunately that can all be done without intermediate saves.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:57 pm

bgodette wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:It appears that WME will pull the correct CItyID from the primary segment even if other same-name-incorrect-cityid exists in the current location.
Except when it isn't.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... s=62639276
The alternate Street is "Main St" in "Westlake, Other, United States". The primaryStreetID is "Main St" in "Westlake, Ohio, United States". A bunch of this stuff is likely leftover damage from Cartouche, but the problem is, is if there was *no* primaryStreetID, the alternates are uneditable in WME until one is added. Fortunately that can all be done without intermediate saves.

What I'm saying is that when the primary street exists and you add an alternate, WME appears to pick the same CityID as the primary. If the PrimaryID doesn't exist, of course WME can't pick it as the primary.

The "can't update alternate streets when primary ID not set" is on the list.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bgodette » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:03 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:What I'm saying is that when the primary street exists and you add an alternate, WME appears to pick the same CityID as the primary.
Which is how it works now. Does nothing for fixing the damage done by Cartouche in the past, and being unable to see what state+country the alternates belong to is a bit of an annoyance.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:51 pm

bgodette wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:What I'm saying is that when the primary street exists and you add an alternate, WME appears to pick the same CityID as the primary.
Which is how it works now. Does nothing for fixing the damage done by Cartouche in the past, and being unable to see what state+country the alternates belong to is a bit of an annoyance.

Agreed. At least with WMECH, we have some ability to find it. Deleting all alt streets and adding in valid ones is the only way to do it for now.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby OhioStMusicMan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:59 am

Has anyone else been having issues with getting alternate names to stay after putting them in? I've been having to double-check saves and going back over the past couple days because the alternate name didn't save. It's been happening on single segment edits as well as multiple segment edits for me...
Travis
Waze 4.3.9902.902
iPhone 6 (VZW) - iOS 9.3
iMac 21.5" & MacBook Pro 15" - OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)
Area Manager: Northern OH & Bakersfield, CA

ImageImageImage
OhioStMusicMan
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor