Editor Version Dec 19th Official Feedback Thread

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Editor Version Dec 19th Official Feedback Thread

Postby skbun » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:53 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way the 'route ignored' UR in this screen capture below makes any sense would be if Bing is providing a bad lat/long for an address, right?

It's not so much in this case 'See if it's allowed'...but...

Anyway, I just want to get a sense for what other editors think here. Why else would it route to a dead end road?

Permalink: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lat ... TTTFTTTTFT
Attachments
UR.jpg
(239.33 KiB) Downloaded 444 times
skbun

Postby skbun » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:39 pm

For the 'Most ignore this route' UR...

Can you make it work the same way that 'Turn not allowed' and other URs do, where there is a user selectable checkbox for 'Ignored suggest route' and 'Route most users took' - if not that, at LEAST a color legend for it (in that gray menubar location) so that someone not familiar with this kind of UR will understand what they're looking at?

E.g., capture this essense into it. 'When selecting this problem - you'll notice a purple line representing Waze's suggested route and green lines representing the routes selected by the users + a number of users who selected this route.' Basically, what Webs101 said above.
skbun

Postby Webs101 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:57 pm

shirlig wrote:When selecting this problem - you'll notice a purple line representing Waze's suggested route and green lines representing the routes selected by the users + a number of users who selected this route.

You need to put a key to explain this in the editing UI.
Webs101
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby HandofMadness » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:17 pm

McCracken808 wrote:Turn off Problems layer.

Thanks, that's a better work around for this bug.
:oops:
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby cdombroski » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:58 pm

McCracken808 wrote:
shawndoc wrote:Usability Problem

This new version of the editor includes a new system generated problem report, which advises you when users are ignoring directions given to them by Waze.

The problem is the pin is placed directly on the junction, making it impossible to actually click on the junction. Even zoomed all the way in, I can't select the junction because the pin is in the way.

I have to mark the pin solved, save, reload the editor, and only then can I select the junction and make necessary changes. (Many of these junctions have the turns set correctly, but need to be QW'd and reset.)

Turn off Problems layer.

I had the same complaint, thanks for the idea. (Wish I had thought of it back when I first started encountering this problem with pins on top of junctions)
cdombroski

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:58 pm

McCracken808 wrote:
shawndoc wrote:The problem is the pin is placed directly on the junction, making it impossible to actually click on the junction. Even zoomed all the way in, I can't select the junction because the pin is in the way.

Turn off Problems layer.

This was brought up during testing and Waze didn't change it as requested. Turning off the Problems layer with Shift+m is a pretty quick and easy workaround.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby McCracken808 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:47 pm

shawndoc wrote:Usability Problem

This new version of the editor includes a new system generated problem report, which advises you when users are ignoring directions given to them by Waze.

The problem is the pin is placed directly on the junction, making it impossible to actually click on the junction. Even zoomed all the way in, I can't select the junction because the pin is in the way.

I have to mark the pin solved, save, reload the editor, and only then can I select the junction and make necessary changes. (Many of these junctions have the turns set correctly, but need to be QW'd and reset.)

Turn off Problems layer.
McCracken808

Postby HandofMadness » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:44 pm

Usability Problem

HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:30 pm

shawndoc wrote:
Parithosh wrote:Are the URs now represented with a 'broken image icon'? or is it just my computer playing games? :?

Force a hard refresh of the editor or clear your cache and reload. That's what fixed it for me.

Any time the editor version changes, it is advised to clear your browser content cache, and even cookies if you can stand it. Files which change sometimes do not always get loaded from the source reliably.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby HandofMadness » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:48 pm

Parithosh wrote:
shirlig wrote:* improved map problems and UR look

Are the URs now represented with a 'broken image icon'? or is it just my computer playing games? :?

Force a hard refresh of the editor or clear your cache and reload. That's what fixed it for me.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor