Editor Version Dec 19th Official Feedback Thread

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Editor Version Dec 19th Official Feedback Thread

Postby jasonh300 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:06 am

ohiostmusicman wrote:Has anyone else been having issues with getting alternate names to stay after putting them in? I've been having to double-check saves and going back over the past couple days because the alternate name didn't save. It's been happening on single segment edits as well as multiple segment edits for me...

You know you have to hit Apply when entering an Alt name? I never forget to hit Apply with regular street and city names, but I tend to catch myself not doing it with the Alternate names. Different thought process I guess.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby OhioStMusicMan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:31 am

jasonh300 wrote:
ohiostmusicman wrote:Has anyone else been having issues with getting alternate names to stay after putting them in? I've been having to double-check saves and going back over the past couple days because the alternate name didn't save. It's been happening on single segment edits as well as multiple segment edits for me...

You know you have to hit Apply when entering an Alt name? I never forget to hit Apply with regular street and city names, but I tend to catch myself not doing it with the Alternate names. Different thought process I guess.

I have been hitting apply - that's what's weird. I really have the issues when fixing both the regular name and alt name at the same time. In order to get the alt name I want I have to change the regular name first, hit apply, then go back and edit the alt name, hit apply and it sticks. Most times at least...
Travis
Waze 4.3.9902.902
iPhone 6 (VZW) - iOS 9.3
iMac 21.5" & MacBook Pro 15" - OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)
Area Manager: Northern OH & Bakersfield, CA

ImageImageImage
OhioStMusicMan
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby Jpere » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:43 pm

bgodette wrote:
shawndoc wrote:Just an update, I went back to two of them and turned the city layer on. It looks like there's either a smudge, or just the way Waze handles city borders, doesn't like the curvy twisty borders that sometimes crop up where multiple cities merge together.

I'll need to poke around later, as well as try to figure out what the official border lines are.

If anyone has a resource for finding the exact city borders in California cities, I'd appreciate it. (Real borders, not mailing address/zip code borders, which often don't match the actual city limits)
Update: Here's a city zoning map from one of the cities, to give you an idea of how messy things are in this area.
https://www.cityofindustry.org/pdf/zoningmap.pdf
Try MapQuest.

I've never thought of Mapquest.

I've been using Google Maps. I'll type the name of the city, such as Miami, FL and Google Maps outlines the city borders for me.
Jpere

Postby paulkok_my » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:06 am

Hi, I hope I'm posting at the correct place.

I just found out yesterday that my editing area of coverage has shrunk from 3000km square to 2800km square.

Another small area which I have about 200km square of coverage is completely non editable any more.

I wonder is there a time frame concern on editable area since I've not visited the small coverage area for more than 6 months.

My other fellow wazers in Malaysia seems to be having the same problem.

Thanks in advance for looking into the matter.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Area Manager: Shah Alam / Klang, Southern Region, Malaysia
Asus Zenfone 2 on Android 5.0 (ZE551ML)

Join our FB group: Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah/Sarawak
or Google+ group: Waze in Malaysia on Google+
paulkok_my
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby kodi75 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:42 am

You lose the ability to edit in areas you have not driven in over 3 months.
See this thread

I wonder is there a time frame concern on editable area since I've not visited the small coverage area for more than 6 months.
kodi75
State Manager
State Manager

Postby paulkok_my » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:04 am

kodi75 wrote:You lose the ability to edit in areas you have not driven in over 3 months.
See this thread

Thanks for the info.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Area Manager: Shah Alam / Klang, Southern Region, Malaysia
Asus Zenfone 2 on Android 5.0 (ZE551ML)

Join our FB group: Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah/Sarawak
or Google+ group: Waze in Malaysia on Google+
paulkok_my
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby KB_Steveo » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:45 am

The scale has changed it's behavior. The wiki page for When (Not) to Split a Two-Way Road says:
A road should be split if:

GPS tracks show a clearly definable gap (blank area) between the color-by-azimuth arrows at the 100m zoom level.

There are now 2 zoom levels that show 100m zoom. (one has the scale bar 2x longer than the previous zoom level) Can someone confirm the correct zoom level and update the wiki? I don't remember what it was in ft (maybe 200ft - not positive though)
ImageImageImage
WI State Manager
NE Wisconsin Area Manager (Green Bay / Appleton / Sturgeon Bay)
Wisconsin mapping resources curator
KB_Steveo
State Manager
State Manager

Postby jasonh300 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:25 pm

The scale has always had two 100m zoom levels.

I've always used the 100m/500 ft zoom level for what you're referring to. That is also the highest zoom level that you can select roads and see turn restrictions.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kodi75 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:16 pm

(1) When clicking on any UR, as the map zooms to the location the roads layer is not in sync with the Bing Aerials. I attempt to remedy this by click on the Permalink link, reloading the page, but the layers are still out of sync.

The only workaround is to turn off UR's and Map Problems in the layer list, reload the page, then turn them back on.

I have URO v 1.18 installed on chrome, of that has any bearing on the issue.

(2) Any word on updates to the city layer?
kodi75
State Manager
State Manager

Postby vectorspace » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:24 am

I didn't catch tis post until now. I have noticed some anomalous behavior here too, which is probably me not reading docs, but couldn't find them. I have been trying to fix some alt names in NM, such as the notorious route 666 that was renamed.

When you select the whole road length with Ctrl-A, it seems to list every alt name in the many segments selected.... So if 20 segments were selected, but only one segment had an alt of 666, that alt would appear in the list. That makes sense. Now deleting that alt and applying that change to all 20 segments has not always resulted in 666 from being deleted from that one... Or so it seems. I have not had time to try to debug this.

Anyone know the answer?
vectorspace
vectorspace

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor