How to dispute or fix an approved edit?

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderator: Unholy

How to dispute or fix an approved edit?

Postby SpazinBc » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:03 am

I did not see this in the sticky. I also don't think it's a good idea to try to find the person who did the edit to ask them to correct it. There must be a better way?
SpazinBc

Re: How to dispute or fix an approved edit?

Postby AndyPoms » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:15 am

First off, there is no such thing as an approved edit - someone edits something, and it's there. The only way to protect segments is to lock them - only editors of your edit rank or higher can edit them then.

If you want to talk with the user who last edited an area, the best option is to try to PM them here in the forums.

If you don't want to talk with the last editor, or don't get a response, you can post a Permalink here in the forums and senior editors (and others) can look at the area.

I'm also going to send you a PM.
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby SpazinBc » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:38 am

Thanks for the info and the link to the permalink.

I copy and pasted the info here:

To create a permalink to your current map editor view, first set the zoom level and select any road segments or junctions you want to point out to the user who will view the permalink. Use the multiple select option for your browser (CTRL-LEFT-CLICK for Windows-based systems). You can right-click the Permalink hyperlink at the lower right corner of the browser screen (see image). That will bring up the option to copy the URL into your computer clipboard.

Alternately you can left-click the hyperlink to reload the page which updates the URL at the top of the browser window which you can highlight and copy. With this method, be sure to first save any unsaved changes because this operation of the Permalink button will reload the browser window and lose any unsaved changes.
SpazinBc

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:00 am

Spazinbc wrote:Thanks for the info and the link to the permalink.

I copy and pasted the info here:

We're looking for you to paste a permalink to the location in the editor, not to paste the contents of the wiki on the definition of permalink.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.2.1 | Waze v4.2b
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby JohnnyLaw66 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:05 am

As a new editor, I'd actually appreciate a PM (with a permalink) if something I edited needs to be corrected. That way I can see what I did wrong.
JohnnyLaw66

Re: Re: How to dispute or fix an approved edit?

Postby Yoyo-42 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:09 am

JohnnyLaw66 wrote:As a new editor, I'd actually appreciate a PM (with a permalink) if something I edited needs to be corrected. That way I can see what I did wrong.

Seconded, there's a lot of experience and custom here which isn't really in the guides.
Yoyo-42

Postby SpazinBc » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:22 am

From my very limited experience so far, some "editors" are not so keen on making changes. My beef is red light cameras. Anyone can post them, but only one "official" source exists. The official source says, for example, there is on red light camera at each intersection. Google streetview confirms it, but one or two editor (in the area) seem to be adding 4 red light cameras in the area and locking them so only they can "unapprove" them. This approve and unapprove feature should not be limited to just the person. It gives them too much control and room for abuse, as I am seeing now.
SpazinBc

Postby AndyPoms » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:34 am

Please see the Cameras page in the Waze Wiki for more information on the. Basically once a camera is approved it is locked to that user's level - only editors of that level or above can edit/remove it. If enough users click "Not There" in the app, the camera will be unapproved (this too is based on rank-and covered in the wiki).

You can also PM the person who approved the camera(s) or if you post a permalink in the proper forum Country Managers can remove the cameras (they will probably ask for some official info-government website or similar-that the camera isn't there before they just remove them).
USA Country Manager
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby SpazinBc » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:34 am

Unfortunately, I have YET to see an APPROVED camera show up in the problematic area when driving as CLOSE or NOT THERE. Perhaps this is a coincidence? I dunno. However, there is now one individual who seems to be like a chicken without a head approving every redlight camera. He is not very co-operative and "sees" things that others do not. If I can have a listing of the area manager, I would appreciate it or a way to contact the area manager, please let me know. This is very frustrating.
SpazinBc

Postby AndyPoms » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:44 am

Spazinbc wrote:Unfortunately, I have YET to see an APPROVED camera show up in the problematic area when driving as CLOSE or NOT THERE. Perhaps this is a coincidence? I dunno. However, there is now one individual who seems to be like a chicken without a head approving every redlight camera. He is not very co-operative and "sees" things that others do not. If I can have a listing of the area manager, I would appreciate it or a way to contact the area manager, please let me know. This is very frustrating.

You still need to send us the permalink to the area on the update map so we can look at it and identify the user(s) in question.
USA Country Manager
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Next

Return to Waze Map Editor