[Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.1.7 2017-03-23

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

WME JNF v0.0.7.6+Chrome turn arrows grayed out

Postby CTGreybeard » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:46 pm

I'm running 0.0.7.6 under Chrome 27.0.1453.110 and a strange thing has just started happening. When I highlight a segment the turns are all "grayed out" and can't be changed. I can click on a node and change All Allowed or All Disallowed but I can't change individual arrows or u-turns. If I disable the extension and reload the page then I can change the arrows individually.

The same version running under Firefox doesn't show the same problem.

I know it was fine earlier today under Chrome. Maybe I'm just going nuts. :?:
CTGreybeard

Turn arrows FIXED

Postby CTGreybeard » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:50 pm

Got it! Apparently I had hit "a" at some point. Which dims the turn arrows. And I guess it's "sticky" because it persists across browser starts. Why turning off the script "fixed" it I have no idea but at least I've got the function back in Chrome.
CTGreybeard

Re: WME JNF v0.0.7.6+Chrome turn arrows grayed out

Postby ottonomy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:18 pm

CTGreybeard wrote:I'm running 0.0.7.6 under Chrome 27.0.1453.110 and a strange thing has just started happening. When I highlight a segment the turns are all "grayed out" and can't be changed. I can click on a node and change All Allowed or All Disallowed but I can't change individual arrows or u-turns. If I disable the extension and reload the page then I can change the arrows individually.

The same version running under Firefox doesn't show the same problem.

I know it was fine earlier today under Chrome. Maybe I'm just going nuts. :?:

Did you by chance accidentally press the A key on your keyboard? That shortcut toggles on a mode where the turn restriction arrows are dimmed and can't be clicked, so that you can make fine adjustments to things like geometry nodes which are so close to the arrows that they would otherwise get in the way. Just press A again to toggle it back to normal. Forgive me if you know and have tried this.

EDIT: I just realized that my comment doesn't apply to your situation, because your problem disappears if you disable the extension. I am wondering, though, if something in JNF is triggering the 'A' mode I mentioned above. Does pressing A by any chance make the arrows available while JNF is enabled?
ottonomy
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Re: Turn arrows FIXED

Postby jasonh300 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:26 pm

CTGreybeard wrote:Got it! Apparently I had hit "a" at some point. Which dims the turn arrows. And I guess it's "sticky" because it persists across browser starts. Why turning off the script "fixed" it I have no idea but at least I've got the function back in Chrome.

That was one of the features of JNF that it would keep the arrows in the same state from session to session. I think most editors keep them dimmed most of the time to avoid accidental clicks that aren't always obvious.
jasonh300

Re: Re: [Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.0.7.5 Dec 23 201

Postby khaytsus » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:12 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
bedo2991 wrote:Wouldn't it be safer to use another key instead of Q??? :D

Today I accidentally found out I was restricting all turns in a roundabout instead of fixing its nodes. (Running JNF on Tampermonkey on Chrome, LMDE). Now I'm running it natively and doesn't seem to always work (the turns are not denied but the nodes aren't fixed).

Why safer? JNF doesn't make any changes to turn restrictions and only fixes problems.

I have found if you hit q too fast it will restrict all turns. I've found myself doing it several times, now I make sure I wait a second after selecting a node to hit q.
khaytsus

Postby paulwelch23 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:29 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
bedo2991 wrote:Wouldn't it be safer to use another key instead of Q??? :D

Today I accidentally found out I was restricting all turns in a roundabout instead of fixing its nodes. (Running JNF on Tampermonkey on Chrome, LMDE). Now I'm running it natively and doesn't seem to always work (the turns are not denied but the nodes aren't fixed).

Why safer? JNF doesn't make any changes to turn restrictions and only fixes problems.

I think he is saying that it can be destructive if the script gets disabled, unbeknownst to the editor.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
paulwelch23

Postby bgodette » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:59 am

NorfolkMustard wrote:This script has been great, in conjunction with the colour highlighter script to identify iffy junctions.

Thanks for the full screen save,too. Are you able to save the ordering of the layers, too? I always prefer the GPS later under the roads but it reverts after a refresh/permalink

Cheers
Might be possible.

It's all my phone's fault for using Tapatalk.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.1.7 2017-03-23

Postby RussPA » Tue May 09, 2017 1:54 am

Running the extension version in Chrome. Doing basemap and I am having to hard reload after every save or I can't select segments. Getting this error each time:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'func' of undefined
at Object.WME_JNF_onSelectionChanged (chrome-extension://dhnjmbmlldgfomcdmflifibpappdadcm/wme-jnf.user.js:273:67)
at initialize.triggerEvent (https://beta.waze.com/assets-editor/js/ ... s:100:6363)
at e.value (https://beta.waze.com/assets-editor/js/ ... s:12:18651)
at initialize.triggerEvent (https://beta.waze.com/assets-editor/js/ ... s:100:6363)
at initialize.<anonymous> (https://beta.waze.com/assets-editor/js/ ... s:15:12436)
at Array.forEach (native)
at initialize.unselectAll (https://beta.waze.com/assets-editor/js/ ... s:15:12367)
at e.value (https://beta.waze.com/assets-editor/js/ ... s:12:19018)
at Y.s.selectEntireStreet (https://beta.waze.com/assets-editor/js/ ... s:19:23938)
RussPA
State Manager
State Manager

Postby kentsmith9 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:56 am

Brian, I just enabled JNF since turning it off for a long time now.

I noticed it is clobbering the Alt-Select option to get a string of segments.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Refresh screen.
2. Select a single segment.
3. Alt-select a few segments away to confirm it works.
4. Select an intersection. (It may need to have limited turns, I'm not sure.)
5. Press Q.
6. Select a single segment.
7. Alt-select a few segments away to see it no longer works.
8. Disable JNF.
9. Refresh screen.
10. Repeat the above steps to see Q no longer disables the feature.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bgodette » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:02 pm

Version 0.1.7
Chrome Webstore
2017-03-23: Reworked code so doesn't pollute global vars, updated to use SetTurn, jQuery based Google Place ID linkification instead of modifying WME code.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Next

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts