[Script] WME Add-Ons V0.45 ==> Features moved in WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Add-Ons

Postby davipt » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:23 pm

CBenson wrote:So what are you arguing about? What I wrote in the wiki on unknown directionality is here: http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Crea ... _Direction Is there some dispute regarding how unknown direction roads function? Or is this discussion about soft one-way roads?

I digressed into a generic "I know that we all know what we doing but some people don't" and that segments manually set to two-ways by some people around me are harder to fix back into one-way (manual edit) than soft one-ways will turn into two-ways (automatic edit). Completely unrelated to the "i know this town have all two-ways and need to change them" which I fully agree, and apologize for the digression. So at the core it might indeed be a soft vs. hard one-way discussion, off topic here.
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:21 pm

fvwazing wrote:Chances are 100 to 1 that someone will come along and remove the TR, destroying that brittle arrangement. Insert a stretch of parking lot road instead and name it "Residential access only" (so the next editor has a clue at least).

If it's residential access only shouldn't it be a private segment? Or is it a public mostly building parking street that goes parallel to a main street and waze tends to route through it because probably the main street has more junctions?
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:38 pm

kodi75 wrote:Lately the "Open in Live Map" link does open the area in Live Map, however it is zoomed out to a view that includes most of my state!

The "Open in livemap" seems to be working only if WME has a query string. For example, clicking on the permalink to get the url editor?zoom=x&lat etc etc, then open in livemap works nicely. But if the url is simply /editor/, livemap is open also without parameters and on the last place it was open before.
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:03 pm

kodi75 wrote:Not sure what you mean - I tried copying the permalink before hitting the live map link and that didn't work. As an easy workaround, I edited the address bar in Live Map from "&zoom=9" to "&zoom=15". Any zoom level over 15 is too far, showing the entire country.

On my version:
https://world.waze.com/editor/
open in livemap fails with:
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=&lon=&zoom=9

on the other hand, hit permalink on WME, get for example:
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=38.6 ... FTTFTTTTFT
open in livemap opens correctly:
https://world.waze.com/livemap/?lat=38. ... 164&zoom=9

so something has changed on WME and the script can't gather the coordinates from the internal data, only when they aren't already present on the location bar. This used to work before as far as I can remember, so it has to be a change on WME.
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:38 pm

gdu1971 wrote:
davipt wrote:so something has changed on WME and the script can't gather the coordinates from the internal data, only when they aren't already present on the location bar. This used to work before as far as I can remember, so it has to be a change on WME.

Hi Guys,
this is normally fixed in V0.42 release.
I forgot to mention it in the changelog :?
Let me know.

Lol, sorry my fault. Works as intended now :)
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:36 am

bz2012 wrote:As best I can tell from observations, if you 'click' within 1 snap radius of a node, the node will be selected. The same should happen if you are within 1 snap distance from a segment

Never noticed that behavior. The snap distance is when you are dragging a node and get nearby other object and the node *snaps* into it. Like picking a segment extreme and snapping into another segment to create a junction. Or more importantly, allows to drag nodes around without snapping into each other without the need to zoom in to the maximum.

Another example are landmarks. One can draw a landmark with a whole in the middle only if the nodes of the connecting side are not touching or overlapping each other and that's where snap=0 helps to put the nodes at distance 1.
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:26 pm

enhket wrote:moderators arent going to "sticky" it. It is an extremely useful script, but extremely harmful too. Being a level 3, you may destroy whole cities if you dont know how to use it. That is why the more hidden it is the better. If you wanna use the tools and find the script, you will need know them beforehand.

+1. I wished the script had a protection such that it would only work after editing the file and putting a magic word. ;)

This is the kind of script like the fight club. first rule, you don't talk about the script. Really powerful, but also too much dangerous, and fortunately still not that much visible to point cheaters.
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby dbwiddis » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:08 pm

porubcan wrote:to forum moderators: wouldn't it be useful to make this topic sticky?
or maybe create sub-forum for scripts? just to have all WME extensions tided in one place.

https://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Com ... _and_Tools
AM Las Vegas, Nevada
dbwiddis
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby doctorkb » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:06 am

gdu1971 wrote:As you might know, there is an editor which allow you to modify only parts of addresses without modifying the other parts. This editor allow to edit also parts of streetnames according to the current French conventions (a street ID concatenated with a '-' and a streetName). This is a simple regular expression which do the job and if you have such conventions, I can implement it accordingly.

This sounds like a great feature that I'd like to see expanded.

In the base import for Canada, there are many words that need abbreviation:
Street to St
Avenue to Ave
North-west to NW

(etc.)

The full list is at http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manua ... sp#1424583 though our import seems to have both hyphenated and un-hyphenated versions of the two-worded directions (e.g. North-west and Northwest both show up).

Would it be possible to have a one-key update to a selected street to perform a list of abbreviations? I'd be happy to work with you to write the regexp, but undocumented JavaScript APIs aren't really my cup of tea, so I'm having trouble figuring out how to write my own extension to do this.
Waze Global Champ
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Calgary, AB; Maui, HI; and various places in between
ImageImage
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby doctorkb » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:37 pm

I posted a defect note to the WME-Addons project. Hopefully that will help get the dev's attention.

Since all my other scripts seem to be working fine, I'm suspecting that it's a simple change.
Waze Global Champ
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Calgary, AB; Maui, HI; and various places in between
ImageImage
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts