[Script] WME Add-Ons V0.45 ==> Features moved in WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Add-Ons

Postby davipt » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:49 pm

TonyG-UK wrote:If you have local knowledge and know all the streets are two-way, then it's better to set them all to two-way, as that is what they should be. As long as you then take the time to add all the other data - road names, turn restrictions, etc.

Sure. The script does this and much more. The one I like the most is to select all segments without an average speed to identify areas where people never passed by (or just half a dozen passages), or then filter by each speed and see areas where people surely cross the limits. o.O
ImageBruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ
Coordinator for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:55 pm

TonyG-UK wrote:
davipt wrote:What do you mean fallacy? No of course I can't find the exact sentence on the wiki,

Then you shouldn't say the Wiki says so, cause it probably doesn't.

It's hard to search stuff on the wiki and forum. I do remember my discovery started with this post, but can't recall where I jumped from there on.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby rottielover » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:04 pm

davipt wrote: or then filter by each speed and see areas where people surely cross the limits. o.O

Why does that matter?
rottielover
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby CBenson » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:09 pm

davipt wrote:
TonyG-UK wrote:
davipt wrote:What do you mean fallacy? No of course I can't find the exact sentence on the wiki,

Then you shouldn't say the Wiki says so, cause it probably doesn't.

It's hard to search stuff on the wiki and forum. I do remember my discovery started with this post, but can't recall where I jumped from there on.

So what are you arguing about? What I wrote in the wiki on unknown directionality is here: http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Crea ... _Direction Is there some dispute regarding how unknown direction roads function? Or is this discussion about soft one-way roads?
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.3.0.1
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:23 pm

CBenson wrote:So what are you arguing about? What I wrote in the wiki on unknown directionality is here: http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Crea ... _Direction Is there some dispute regarding how unknown direction roads function? Or is this discussion about soft one-way roads?

I digressed into a generic "I know that we all know what we doing but some people don't" and that segments manually set to two-ways by some people around me are harder to fix back into one-way (manual edit) than soft one-ways will turn into two-ways (automatic edit). Completely unrelated to the "i know this town have all two-ways and need to change them" which I fully agree, and apologize for the digression. So at the core it might indeed be a soft vs. hard one-way discussion, off topic here.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby gerben » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:50 pm

rottielover wrote:Please see my post above, according to the page I linked in the wiki, Two-Way roads can be changed to one way, if wazers always drive down the same way. (possible in these small towns)

There have been some bugs with this, but nowadays, once a segment is edited in WME, it's direction is no longer updated by the automatic process, so this will not happen anymore*.

* Unfortunately, during the infrastructure change a lot of roads did not get this 'internal directionality lock' when edited. This was fixed somewhere in december, so only for very recently edited roads you can be sure that the directionality will not be updated by any automatic process.
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
ImageImageImageImage
gerben

Permissions on segment select

Postby skbun » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:45 am

Currently, using the 'select' button in 'Segment list' will select all segments in view, whether or not you have permission to actually modify them. Could you please modify this routine to add a test for seg.isAllowed(seg.PERMISSIONS.DELETE)), as you do for surpressing junctions?

If you are near the border of your editing rights and need to make changes there - or are near segments with locks higher than your editing level, this will mean that only segments will be selected that you actually have permission to work with.

If for some reason someone needed to select all segments regardless of permissions (I can't imagine why, but let's say they did), this can be done in play mode.

AM in SW Shasta, NW Tehama, Central Trinity Counties, CA; Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, WA
skbun

Postby bgodette » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:53 pm

TonyG-UK wrote:No. I've had a street go from two-way to one-way, simply because I was the only person driving down it, and I always drove in the same direction.
This is no longer the case as of about a month or so ago. Prior to that it was possible for *some* segments to still be under automatic direction updating even after having been manually edited. This now no longer happens once the segment has been edited again.

To reiterate, as of about a month ago, editing *any* property of a segment will now cause direction on that segment to become fixed.

The Wiki page here about locked roads is currently inaccurate. Locking segments hasn't had any influence on connectivity ever since turn locks were separated out more than a year ago, and has been controlled by fwdTurnsLocked and revTurnsLocked since.

davipt wrote:Also routes will prefer segments manually set to two-way over segments marked as unknown?
There's a routing time penalty for Unknown direction. Waze claimed 30 seconds per segment, real world testing indicates ~4 minutes.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:35 pm

bgodette wrote:The Wiki page here about locked roads is currently inaccurate. Locking segments hasn't had any influence on connectivity ever since turn locks were separated out more than a year ago, and has been controlled by fwdTurnsLocked and revTurnsLocked since.

I started a Wiki thread here to discuss the change since I am not 100% certain I know what should be changed.

(Edit: We have completed that thread discussion.)
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Olestas » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:03 am

Hmm.. not installing in Chrome by drag and drop into extentions. How do you install it?
Olestas
Coordinators
Coordinators

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts