SPUI - Feedback welcome

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: SPUI - Feedback welcome

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:39 pm

CBenson wrote:I'm not sure whether you want both stay and turn at W Waters road instructions. But the basic problem is that the angles are so close to 45 degrees that I'm not sure whether you will get the turn instructions or not at the end of the ramps.

Good points. Now that I look at angles more closely, the westbound Waters onramp to NB 589 might give a turn, but it's counterpart on eastbound Waters onramp to SB 589 may give a "turn" instruction.

Also, FYI, and there's nothing you can do about this, because Waters is defined as a highway, you can only get "exit" instructions for any slight-angled segment coming from it. It looks like most of those angles will give a "turn" command based on the angle being closer to 90 degrees.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 10.2.1 | Waze v4.19.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: SPUI - Feedback welcome

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:28 pm

Looks really good to me. A couple items:

1. Southbound exit 6A doesn't have a colon in the name per naming standard for exits.
2. The two segments of Waters under the freeway each have an extra geometry node which isn't needed.
3. On the northbound side, would it make sense to extended the two ramps segments for the west/east-bound onto Waters back to the toll booth so that drivers can get instructions to get into the left/right side of the plaza ahead of time? Or is it safe/slow enough after going through the plaza to get into the correct lane after? (I go through the left side of the plaza but then need to turn right onto Waters, for example.)
4. Can this SPUI be used to do a u-turn onto the freeway? Some SPUI interchanges allow use of the offramp-to-onramp move to get back onto the freeway going the other direction. If so, that's just another turn restriction to open up.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 10.2.1 | Waze v4.19.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to Waze Map Editor