The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Trouble editing a section of my area

Post by the_moose
Hi all,

I've been an area manager on and off for a while - nothing spectacular as I don't have a lot of time on my hands, but I think I've got the basics and until today have not had too many problems that I haven't been able to work round. Unfortunately I've hit a bit of a brick wall with this one.

This is the permalink to the section I'm having trouble with:
http://world.waze.com/cartouche/#?zoom= ... FFFFFFTTTT

I was trying to tidy up this roundabout, but discovered that I couldn't delete any of the segments or roads, couldn't create a roundabout and was unable to remove some of the junctions. It turned in to more of a mess than in had been before I started to be honest! All the errors seemed to relate to a server issue, but as I don't know much about computers I don't know if that is at my end or yours.

I've managed to create a sort of "work around" by moving the sections I couldn't delete further south and making them into service roads so they don't show up as much; I have then created a sort of roundabout with streets I've added. I know this isn't perfect, but it's the best I could do for now.

Can someone have a look and see if it's something I've messed up or if there's an issue with that section of the map please? If it's down to me I would be really grateful if you could tell me what I should do to rectify it. :oops:

Cheers, Moose.
the_moose

Post by the_moose
Trust me to mess that up too! I'm not at the computer with the map so I can't do another link at the moment, but the roundabout is on the A131. If you search for a village/area called Little Leighs, then its right there. There's a road called Goodmans Lane at the south east corner of the rbt.

Thanks for your help... I'm going to be signing off shortly so pls don't think I'm ignorant if you ask another question and I don't reply tonight, I'll get back on it tomorrow.

Cheers, Moose.
the_moose

Post by stevenhaywood
Hi
Will investigate firebug as I get this error a lot.
stevenhaywood

Post by The Fej
OK. Update time.

We have worked on the issue throughout the day and we think we managed to identify and resolve the problem, or at least the deletion problem (which is what most of you referred to).

So as not to go to a lenghty process, we updated the world server (only) with the fix and would be grateful if you can recheck and see if that issue was resolved. The issue is probably due to the server upgrade made yesterday that for some reason caused this issue.

Small note about the firebug - it's a bit of a longshot and as we do not know where the error might be, we hope it can be 'captured'. In the example below you can see (in the lower left corner) a success code in the 'response' tab, hopefully when you have a fault - you can open the last line (which usually has the error) and get more information from there (the query/action and the bad response) from the 'params, 'Header', 'Json' and 'response' tabs.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/3894/firebug.gif
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management

Post by QuickOK
... but I wanted his password... for educational purposes only...
QuickOK

Post by The Fej
Indeed I am not awake 24 hours a day, but as I am and given the original email was published, I feel I can publish the response as well:

"Hi Wayne

Thanks for the feedback.

Indeed - the server upgrade should have been updated in the status and I have no excuse as to why we did not update it. In some cases we are not aware of changes made, but this was not the case this time and we simply have to improve the sync process internally.

Regarding the initial response, indeed Krankyd update was seen as more as an acknowledgement that we are understanding the severity and looking into the matter, hence working on it. At the time published we indeed had no additional information and could not reproduce it and thus reverted to a code review, which resulted in a fix that per the feedback received is only partial. Perhaps it was not understood as obvious that R&D were working on the matter and indeed we will take that into account in our future responses.

We will have to see if we can further improve the fix or will need to rollback to the previous version and I will update the forum right now.

Regards

Fej"
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management

Post by The Fej
Update:
Just loaded updated World servers that we think should resolve roundabout issues as well after a code fix.
Would be grateful for feedback to know we can also upload USA as well.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management

Post by teejayh
I posted earlier (another thread) with a link to the little roundabout that wouldn't.

I've just been back to it and it's been created nicely now (not by me) - so I've tried another that was also an issue and happy to say it worked.

Looking good and many thanks!
teejayh

Post by The Fej
OK - USA server updated as well.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management

Post by soledk
I can confirm all my issues with editing, roads and junctions being undeletable are now working as expected. Thanks for the quick resolution.
soledk