السودان

Welcome - ahlan wa-sahlan - أهْلاً وَسَهْلاً

Post by ab212
Dear Wazer
we welcome you to our Sudan forum by entire Waze Team.
I noticed that in this immense country there is much work to do mapping.
I ask every Sudanese Wazer to help us to make our usable navigator.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
For any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.

Ragards Rocco

I remind everyone that the official language is English to write here.
ab212
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:3094811

Send a message
روكو موريا

Post by ab212
EslamTM wrote:Hi everyone,

My name is Eslam, and I'm Sudanese. I would like to contribute to map editing in Sudan, but I'm staying in Malaysia now. I want to know if I can still do some work in Sudan? although I droved a few places in Khartoum since I started using Waze in Sudan before I came to Malaysia.
Hi Eslam,
You are welcome from all Waze Team.
I saw that you are a new wazer, to begin to edit an area of the map you have to start slowly by editing an area you know well you've driven using waze app on.
This is the first area that will be granted to begin with.

Once you experience you can request to be assigned a specific area by filling out the form Area Manager.

But before you start you should have a look at this link:

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Map_Editing_(new_Editor)

which explains in detail everything you need to know before you start.
ab212
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
روكو موريا

Post by ab212
How to Become an Area Manager

The position of Area Manager is by appointment. To become an area manager, you must meet the prerequisites and then submit your application.
Prospective Area Managers should already:
-have at least a few months of experience editing the Waze maps regularly.
-have read and followed the guidelines for mapping found in the wiki, starting at the Waze Map Editing page.
-have completed at least 5000 quality edits.
-have a real Waze username which does not start with usa_ or world_.
-have forum PMs enabled and associated with a valid and verifiable email address.
-be active in the Waze forums, asking questions, and even providing guidance for newer editors, if possible.

It 's all written here:
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Area_Manager

Send me anyway a permalink of the area you've edited that control your work.

To create a permalink without refreshing the browser, hover the mouse over the http://i60.tinypic.com/2lwazpw.jpg permalink icon on the right side of the bottom bar until a message pops up to use ctrl-C. Then use Ctrl+C to copy the permalink. Or simply right-click on the permalink icon and choose the browser menu option to copy the link address or URL.

Rocco
ab212
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
روكو موريا

Post by ab212
EslamTM wrote:
ab212 wrote:How to Become an Area Manager

The position of Area Manager is by appointment. To become an area manager, you must meet the prerequisites and then submit your application.
Rocco
Hi Rocco,

I've tried to submit an application form to be Area manager so I can be able to contribute more. But I got a massage that I need to refer to my local form in order to get a permission from them. Can you help me about it??

TQ for your great help.
Send me in PM, the message you received.

Rocco
ab212
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
روكو موريا

Post by ab212
ab212 wrote:
EslamTM wrote:
ab212 wrote:How to Become an Area Manager

Rocco
Hi Rocco,

I've tried to submit an application form to be Area manager so I can be able to contribute more. But I got a massage that I need to refer to my local form in order to get a permission from them. Can you help me about it??

TQ for your great help.
Send me in PM, the message you received.

Rocco
Problem solved.

Rocco
ab212
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
روكو موريا

Post by EslamTM
Hi everyone,

My name is Eslam, and I'm Sudanese. I would like to contribute to map editing in Sudan, but I'm staying in Malaysia now. I want to know if I can still do some work in Sudan? although I droved a few places in Khartoum since I started using Waze in Sudan before I came to Malaysia.
EslamTM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by EslamTM
Thank you for your reply ab212.

I've edited few places and I'm still in the level one. Anyway, I can't edit places that I drove on since I'm in Malaysia now I would like to edit as much as I can in Sudan. Can you help me in this? Can I take some areas and start edit on them? Please advice. I'll be so appropriated.
ab212 wrote:
Hi Eslam,
You are welcome from all Waze Team.
I saw that you are a new wazer, to begin to edit an area of the map you have to start slowly by editing an area you know well you've driven using waze app on.
This is the first area that will be granted to begin with.

Once you experience you can request to be assigned a specific area by filling out the form Area Manager.
EslamTM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by EslamTM
Thank you for your reply maxalaa,

I've tried but gives me this message "You cannot edit this segment. You may only edit segments in your driving area." so what should I do :? ? I droved a few in Sudan before I came to Malaysia. Can you help me assign me an area or something so I can help?
maxalaa wrote:
You don't have to be in the country. You can edit any area that you have editing privileges in (e.g. if the Waze Live map shows you can edit there)

You can check in the "Live Map" under the "Area" tab, in Edit the Map mode.
EslamTM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by EslamTM
Thank you ab212,

I would like to know who can approve these "U Turn" changes and many other places I made in the below link ...
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... 549&zoom=6
EslamTM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by EslamTM
Thank you so much maxalaa. Now I got it. :)
EslamTM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message