Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
ایران

Segments that act as U-Turn Issue

Post by BehnamNHappy
Hi,
I think something changed in waze routing,
it's a while that waze ignore segments that should act as U-Turn! for this issue many users reporting fault in map that a U-Turn is missing but it exist just waze is not using it!
here is an example
there is a U-Turn before roundabout but waze ignores!.
this problem made many issues in many places.
BehnamNHappy
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

POSTER_ID:17071453

Send a message

Post by BehnamNHappy
Thanks for your information,

My problem is the segment "u-turn shahrdari" that waze recently does not use it any more,
before there was no problem and waze route from that segment.
according to the link you gave I made change to that segment (one way U-Turn) hope this solve the problem.
and as sample I made change for this segment also (Two way U-Turn)
Let's see what will happen.
But even if these changes solve the problem, next issue is we have millions of these kind of U-Turns across the country which mean the map needs massive edits + beginner editors don't know this issue.
I don't understand why waze did that!
BehnamNHappy
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by BehnamNHappy
There is a reason for this and there are many places where this is actually quite useful.
Can u give an example place which is useful and why? so I'll get the idea and use it in my edits.
I currently do not have the script on me to double check whether or not the angles are set appropriately, but I will check when I go home.

thanks.
If you want to allow for a two way U-Turn as in the second example, I would make the "median segment" or the "U-Turn" segment larger than 14 meters.
well in my 2nd example I can make median segment 15m, but because in some other places 2 parallel segments are more close I 1st changed the angels to see if I can fix this issue only by changing angels.

This is 3rd example : median is 15m long but still waze does not use it :(

I tried to change some other U-Turns also in different scenarios but after saving my work I reload the page and see changes did not submitted! I think WME got some issue now :D. I'll try tomorrow.
BehnamNHappy
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by BehnamNHappy
Hi, thanks a lot
Here is examples that all fixed(changed the length to more than 15m) :
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... =260319773
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... =296296204

I just don't know why this one still have problem
in this case I didn't made the length of the segment more than 15 & just changed the angle.
according to the wiki, changing the angle also should solve the problem.
BehnamNHappy
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by BehnamNHappy
Ah, U R right, I didn't notice that.
Yes adding dogleg on incoming & outgoing segment will fix the case I tried it in other samples & it worked, I just want to try other solutions, so I'll know all solutions for different cases.
I added a node to median segment to try this solution just to get sure this works also. :)
BehnamNHappy
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by BehnamNHappy
Finally INTL map tiles updated after long delay.
Adding node in median segment also solved the problem.
It was just a test to be sure this solution also works.
(By the way, going around with shift + Z activated I noticed that these turns are restricted in all directions - is that intentional?)
The editor forgot to enable those direction :)

Thanks for you help you are very helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BehnamNHappy
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
Because all of those segments are under 15 meters and the two roads leading in/out are parallel, they all fit under the category that would cause Waze to discourage the maneuver as a U-Turn.

The question would be do you want the roundabout to act as a U-Turn in all directions? Also, the road in particular U-Turn Shahrdari is not going to be used at all as a U-Turn.

Here is the USA Page on the topic.
KTCAOP
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
There is a reason for this and there are many places where this is actually quite useful.

I currently do not have the script on me to double check whether or not the angles are set appropriately, but I will check when I go home. If you want to allow for a two way U-Turn as in the second example, I would make the "median segment" or the "U-Turn" segment larger than 14 meters.

Happy to share information any time!
KTCAOP
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
I will try to pull examples shortly.

In the first example, I am seeing the angles at 88.1 and 88.5 - totaling 176.5 - so the angles need to be adjusted a bit more.

In the third example, yes, it appears to be 15 meters, but it is exactly on the borderline, increasing its size slightly would allow it to be used. Per the wikipedia page - it is best to make it 16 meters.

Both of these examples, using the WME Junction Angle Indicator Script show me that these are indeed U-Turn Restricted.

I just reread - yes, I heard that there was a sort of "undoing" that has occurred on the international server. I will check in tomorrow.
KTCAOP
Send a message